Topics

Nintendo

We Recommend

• IREPMINNEAPOLIS - August 25, 2011 3:03 p.m.

@revrock: yea but the abbreviation for Minnesota is MN. Just checked my avatar. Thanks for the heads up though.
  • revrock - August 25, 2011 4:14 p.m.

Thanks for having a sense of humor, all in goodhearted fun, my friend.
  • IREPMINNEAPOLIS - August 25, 2011 2:55 p.m.

@Pstriple Easily the dumbest thing anyone has said in a long time. I understand that lots of ppl REALLY like their Wiis and will fiercely defend it. But they aren't stupid enough to say that its better than the Ps3 or 360. Ha! Oh and btw, I'm married, have 2 kids, own my own home and have a well paying full time job. So that. 40 year old virgin sh!ts false also. Your just all kinds of incorrect ain't ya?
  • PstripleXwii - August 25, 2011 2:42 p.m.

You guys are FGTS hardcore gamer? Thats a cooler way to say 40 year old virgin games are hobbies FGTS. Wii is a good console way better than that xbox. PC=Wii=ps3>xbox
  • rxb - August 25, 2011 1:40 p.m.

Good article Hooters. I think I agree will all of it. I like your semi schizo rants. I blame the lifestyle adverts, who lives in a house like that anyway?
  • nib0rtehGRfan - August 25, 2011 2:10 p.m.

The "soccer moms".
  • IREPMINNEAPOLIS - August 25, 2011 1:09 p.m.

@yagirlfriendsfavoriterapper: don't for get that awesome dance game that outsold every one of those you mentioned. Oh and all that SWEET shoveleware the grandparents and 6 year olds scooped up. That along with 720p made for a GREAT console! Yea. No
  • TheCakeIsaPie - August 25, 2011 1:35 p.m.

There's a new reply feature. It makes @commenting a thing of the past!
  • revrock - August 25, 2011 1:55 p.m.

Erm.. come on now with the troll rhetoric, totally untrue and foolish. BTW the abbreviation for Minneapolis is MPLS not MN. You should check your avatar:) Just Dance 2 is about the 14th highest selling game on Wii behind every one he mentioned (and several more).
  • PstripleXwii - August 25, 2011 2:45 p.m.

Dont be a pussy If you loved video games you wouldnt diss any console I like them all equaly except xbox
  • FantasticMrStarFox - August 25, 2011 12:49 p.m.

I dont hate my wii as much as some people do. Its the only console i have to play since my awful 360 red ringed. I really hope the Wii U brings back Nintendo from this casual hole theyve been in for the past 5-6 years.
  • ericthesmith - August 25, 2011 12:42 p.m.

Holy crap, you just got me really excited for a new Nintendo console. Congraturation!!
  • Terrorrizor - August 25, 2011 12:15 p.m.

I love my Wii, everyone always goes ahh xbox ahhh ps3, Wii won lol I feel like the Wii was a marketing campaign to bring in more people on their bandwagon, anyone else think so?
  • yagirlfriendsfavoriterapper - August 25, 2011 11:39 a.m.

I am a proud owner of a Wii, the No.1 selling systems this gen for a reason. Every console this gen has had major letdowns, (rrod $600 launch price) but the Wii has gave me all I wanted and more. There is a reason that it has the highest selling games, they are great games. How many 10 million plus sellers are on the Wii? More than a few... Mario Kart Wii New Super Mario Bros. Wii Super Smash Bros. Brawl All great games and prove that people like these games more than the competitions. Simple as that.
  • revrock - August 25, 2011 10:56 a.m.

All I know is that 2010 was a heckuva year for games on the Wii... might have been the best year ever for software on a Nintendo system... At least we can give thanks to the Wii for that.
  • IREPMINNEAPOLIS - August 25, 2011 10:41 a.m.

Call me an a$$hole. But I hope Nintendo's hardware department goes under. Of course I bought a Wii, but I had my fun and sold it like every other hardcore gamer. And I will NOT be purchasing a Wii U due to the fact that the REAL next gen consoles will be coming out not to incredibly long after. So what I'm saying is: if Nintendos hardware goes under then we REAL gamers with REAL consoles will get all the Mario and Zelda spoils that come with that. LET NINTENDO SINK!
  • Felixthecat - August 25, 2011 10:52 a.m.

Pssh, a "hardcore" gamer. Such a dumbass perspective to take; why would you wish a company to go under? If you play games, you're a gamer, it's as simple as that. Calling yourself "hardcore" makes you sound like an idiot because there is simply no such thing. Gaming is a pastime and a hobby, nothing else. And last time I checked, the Wii does actually exist. Pretty sure that makes it real.
  • BackwaterRifle - August 25, 2011 11:27 a.m.

I haven't sold my Wii, and gaming is one of my biggest pass times. The day ninty gets out of the console business is the day I chop my balls off, on purpose, meaning it is such an unbelievably slim chance, I dare say it will never happen.
  • ultimatepunchrod - August 25, 2011 10:40 a.m.

loved the article. i agree nintendo really needs to play the middle of the road. catering to both the casual and hardcore, or really needs to focus on the casual. i think its a little too late to focus on the hardcore now.