Topics

delay

• TheZigMan - December 31, 2011 12:38 p.m.

Battlefield is a multiplayer game. Battlefield 2 didnt have a story, so its not surprising that DICE didnt put too much effort into the story this time. That being said, the multiplayer is easily one of the best games I've ever played. COD players don't know what theyre missing. A And with regards to Skyrim, it is not as buggy as people like to make it seem. I have it on PC, and I have literally encountered like 2 bugs, neither of them were serious. Just a flying mammoth and a mute NPC. you guys are overplaying this so much just to have something to report on
  • BertTheTurtle - December 31, 2011 10 a.m.

I think that Dead Island should have been delayed. It's a great game but it had some issues with pop-up, sound looping, and other small details.
  • LegendofZenda - December 31, 2011 10:59 p.m.

I have had nothing but problems with that fucking game. I just started playing it a few days ago so I have been able to play with the last two patches but even then it is still buggy as shit. I have had problems with the gps not showing up at all after I put a custom point and most of the time it routes me through impassible mountains. I mean when you can't even get the gps routing system right after two fucking patches what hope do you have?
  • ParagonT - January 1, 2012 10:33 a.m.

I definitely agree with LegendofZenda, not only did they miss the mark coding wise, but also story and game-play wise. I've really been let down on it.
  • LegendofZenda - January 1, 2012 12:12 p.m.

Oh I forgot that game has a "story". Every time I tried playing it with people online (as your are supposed to do apparently) it skipped me ahead or behind and completely fucked up the order of the story. I finished it but between acts 2 and 3 I have no idea what the hell was going on!
  • GhostNappa2k10 - January 3, 2012 9:21 a.m.

I recommend the Dead Island book. The story within that is FAR better that the game's storyline.
  • lilspooky - December 31, 2011 9:09 a.m.

I 100% agree with BF3, they should have delayed it. They had a very rocky start with the PC version. Pc Gamers were already not happy about origin and nosteam. Most of the time when BF3 crashes its do to origin messing up. For me at least. I dont agree with Skyrim, for PC at least, you poor poor PS3 gamers. I have had a few bugs sure, but its much less buggie then FO3 or Oblivion in my experiences.
  • frankenfurter - January 1, 2012 6:36 p.m.

I have skyrim on the PS3 and have found only a few bugs, but then again I bought it after the patches.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 31, 2011 8:52 a.m.

Activision put another Bond game out to die? Who're they gonna shut down this time?
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 31, 2011 8:49 a.m.

I'm 25 hours into Skyrim, and the only bug I've encountered was when a mammoth glitched onto a rock. That wasn't even a bad thing either, made it much easier to kill. My only guess to why it's running so well is because I have it downloaded to my 360. Even from stuff I've seen online though, the bugs in Skyrim are nothing compared to Fallout. I couldn't even finish Fallout 3 because it crashed halfway through, and I could never get past it.
  • jrcphoenix - December 31, 2011 6:43 a.m.

I miss the days of quality control. I remember when I had my supernintendo I only recall one game ever freezing (MK). When there was no way to update cartridges it forced developers to release a funtional game. These days many developers release bugy games to meet sales quarters and figure they can fix them after release. It is a very dissapointing trend!
  • MidianGTX - December 31, 2011 5:57 a.m.

I both disagree and agree with Battlefield. While releasing the game in a head to head fashion wasn't terribly smart, the entire game seems to have been created with such a war in mind anyway. It doesn't matter when it's released, the same arguments are going to crop up, but at the same time... who the f*** passes it by based on single player? Idiots. I'm also glad Rayman came out when it did. It's an excellent Christmas game (as is Sonic Generations) and a welcome break from games requiring me to think hard and act fast. I really needed that.
  • inkyspot - December 31, 2011 5:05 a.m.

Need to get Rayman, I agree with Skyrim, I am experiencing some game damaging bugs on my Xbox version. I also agree with Battlefield, even though I think the multiplayer is way better than COD. War of the north being delayed sounds like a good idea as well.
  • CitizenWolfie - December 31, 2011 2:35 a.m.

I don't even think Battlefield's problem was the release date as such (though it was a factor). Right from the start EA were pretty much saying "We're going to be better than Call of Duty. We're going to beat them at their own game." and generally trying to entice CoD players away. So even before it was released they've placed the success of their own game against the biggest selling franchise ever instead of letting it stand up on its own merit. It just seems like BF3 was an exercise in trying to poach away MW's fanbase. And ironically, if they had waited for the MW3 hype to die down, they probably would have been welcomed more by the fans who had become a bit jaded with MW3 (haven't touched the multiplayer since launch week now) and were looking for something different. A number of my friends as well as myself bought BF3 on release and subsequently ignored it when MW3 came out. I wonder if we'd have been different had BF3 came out in January...
  • Kentastic84 - December 31, 2011 7:09 a.m.

Exactly this.
  • shawksta - December 31, 2011 1:17 p.m.

Exactly!
  • quincytheodore - December 30, 2011 11:10 p.m.

Agree on SKyrim, but they had been boasting 11-11-11 release date for almost a year, delaying it will garner criticism too. Granted, it's probably not as much as it is with the lag problem. It's a good decision for Darkness II then. Early 2012 has probably less competition. March has heavy competition though, Witcher 2 (X360) and ME 3, other than those two, it's quite sparse.
  • FrozenImplosion - December 30, 2011 10:33 p.m.

I couldn't agree more on Rayman Origins, I could hardly believe that Ubi released it this November, especially since this past November was perhaps one of THE biggest release months of the past few years. I just finished up Origins tonight in fact, and the game is actually near flawless. I hate to hear that it sold poorly because it is easily the best platformer of the year, including Super Mario 3D Land. It's really a shame. It's really awful to see amazing games like Okami, Mirror's Edge, and Rayman suffer due to lack of sales that are occasionally due to lack of nurturing from the devs.
  • LegendofZenda - December 30, 2011 10:22 p.m.

I would argue Saint's Row the Third should be on this list. While it is almost a perfect game I'm guessing it might be the last one because of slow sales. Volition also dropped the ax on any more Red Faction games because of slow sales.
  • Net_Bastard - December 31, 2011 10:39 a.m.

That was THQ, not Volition. I also agree with SR3. They couldn't get some of the stuff from the 2nd one in the game due to the way it was coded.