Topics

Capcom

• HitmanSB07 - March 24, 2011 4:49 p.m.

Wow...Veronica looks uber sexy in HD...Where are these screens from?
  • mrmorozov987 - March 24, 2011 4:39 p.m.

Why on Earth would you want to bring back Code Veronica? It was horrible!
  • vincentdarkwood - March 24, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Stop porting and remaking Resident Evil 4, seriously
  • alexfranco60 - March 24, 2011 4:12 p.m.

Hi guys... i read that this compilation will only be available in PSN/XBLA (no retail version). Does anybody know if this rumor is true? (Hope not) Regards.
  • TonyBlue05 - March 24, 2011 4:11 p.m.

I will buy RE4 in whatever package they put it in, that comparison screen doesn't help sell anything, seeing as how it's split right between two separate characters.
  • Peloun - March 24, 2011 4:07 p.m.

Move compatible?
  • Japanaman - March 24, 2011 4:06 p.m.

I've played enough versions of RE1 and played 2 version of 2 and Code Veronica. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon again so I can played CV 3 times or play RE4 twice after playing through it multiple times (something I wasn't going to do, but somehow sucked myself into) I mean, first the GCN, then the improved gameplay of the PS2 port, then the graphicslly enhanced PS2 port on Wii, and now the HD port? Hey, Capcom! How about you just make a new RE game instead?!!
  • RicePuddingUK - March 24, 2011 3:51 p.m.

CASHCOOOOOW!! I thought they'd be on a new engine, if this is what a "HD" remake is, my excitement for Halo:Combat Evolved HD just dwindled to zero. Looks the same, if judging by those photos above, Veronica looks scarier in its original form than HD.
  • Burdmayn - March 24, 2011 3:41 p.m.

@Clovin64 You do realize that making a game HD doesn't mean it's going to look amazingly better right? Sure there will be some improvements and it'll look much better on an HD tv than the standard def version, but they aren't exactly retooling the engine. That being said I'm extremely excited for this, especially after beating the Sly Collection recently. The only complaint I could possibly have is if they ignore some of the improvements they added to RE5 and just make this a straight up HD port. I understand that moving and shooting at the same time could possible break the game but I would very much like to side strafe instead of just moving in a straight line.
  • db1331 - March 24, 2011 3:31 p.m.

As a huge Resident Evil fan who never got around to playing Code Veronica, there is no way in hell I'm passing this up. I can't wait to see some lighter screens too though.
  • Austin_SJ - March 24, 2011 3:22 p.m.

I'm waiting for you guys to have a hands on before I get all hot and bothered. Also what version of RE4 are they upgrading? Will it be the one with Ada's side missions, or will there be any new content? I played that game through a hell of a lot of times (unlocking every secret weapon etc), so I hope that it does something slightly compelling to bring me back.
  • DLSemen - March 24, 2011 3:21 p.m.

The textures still look muddy and kinda ugh. The lighting is better, though. I guess.
  • mothbanquet - March 24, 2011 3:21 p.m.

CV was epic on the Dreamcast and RE4 is still one of the best games around, even on 'lesser' consoles. I'd have been satisfied with a mere compilation but souped-up HDness? I WILL be getting this if it's legit.
  • Clovin64 - March 24, 2011 3:21 p.m.

Maybe I need to see it in motion, but those screenshots don't look like much of an improvement over the Resi 4 I played years ago. Still, I do hope the remaster the Gamecube version rather than the PS2 one, because the PS2 version's visuals were pretty mediocre.
  • akapellah21 - March 24, 2011 3:20 p.m.

I've never beaten Code Veronica... this gives me another chance, potentially