• KielbasaNinja - November 10, 2010 12:48 a.m.

Nice catch on the Hyrule Goddesses. That was nagging at me for quite some time.
  • 8bitBaby - November 10, 2010 12:46 a.m.

hell yeah chris, awesome job! this is why i love edgar wright, you can tell he's so rooted in this stuff. even in his other movies, not only making game references, but references to other movies. it's great stuff. i didn't catch that ff8 ref. i hate that so many people slept on this in the theater. me and 5 of my friends went to see it. but one of my friends didn't want to see it, until i told him it was based on a comic (only then did he become interested.) before that he was bad mouthing it. honestly, screw all the people who didn't go to see it. probably 25 years from now they will finally see this movie and regret having missed out on an awesome cultural event. anyway, i hope despite it not doing so well in theaters it will open some doors for future works. I'm tired of old (over 40) hollowood! and i'm even more tired of them ruining my childhood memories. they don't get it, so give it to someone who lived it. that's what made Scotty P so good as a movie.
  • Lolwarf - November 10, 2010 12:45 a.m.

God bless you Chris Antista
  • JustinSane - November 10, 2010 12:42 a.m.

Yes, more prizes. Get a bunch of Blu-rays to give out, good word of mouth will surely help the movie sell on dvd.
  • AnonymouZ - November 10, 2010 12:40 a.m.

Granted, the Gideon cane mcduck reference may be stretching it a bit, but... Article rating: A
  • magic_muffin_man - November 10, 2010 12:36 a.m.

GOD DAMN IT YOU MISSED MY REFERENCE!!! GAH! THERE'S EVEN A PIC IN THE ARTICLE!! (Look at the brand name on the amp in the "Launchpad McQuack" reference photo. The brand is "LameBrand", written in the Rock Band font. I used that as my reference in the contest and that you forgot it makes me a sad panda :'(. )
  • TruckThunders - November 10, 2010 12:34 a.m.

Very good article, Chris. Your hard work did not go unnoticed.
  • Mamudo - November 10, 2010 12:34 a.m.

There were a few in there that I missed.
  • Brutalicus - November 10, 2010 12:28 a.m.

Goddamn, this was a good article. I love the movie even more than I did before I read this... which was to say quite a bit.
  • GamesRadarChrisAntista - November 10, 2010 12:28 a.m.

@nightmare17 I dig Cera so you know, but he's hardly a loser here. Scott Pilgrim is quite the lady's man, actually. @RamenDragon Good catch! Thanks for the correction @CRAPNUGGETS All the Evil Exes do or wear something related to their number. I started to capture them for the helluva it, but ran out of time.
  • Doctalen - November 10, 2010 12:28 a.m.

Wish I was old enough to get most of these references, also wish I owned the movie. At least I can fix that with Netflix.
  • erreip199 - November 10, 2010 12:28 a.m.

bah the movie isnt even out in theaters in France yet... ffs cant wait to move
  • smashpro1 - November 10, 2010 12:25 a.m.

The movie wasn't as good as the comics, but the game is frickin' epic.
  • PooPSock - November 10, 2010 12:25 a.m.

When I saw the OOT reference dealing with Ramonas hair colors I almost... Who am I kidding? I jizzed my pants. Plain and simple.
  • MrDuracraft - November 10, 2010 12:24 a.m.

@nightmare17 I read something about this movie which may explain why people didn't see it. It was from what the person called "Michael Cera overload", just the fact that he has been in so many movies playing practically the same role each time. But trust me, this movie is worth it.
  • WonsAuto - November 10, 2010 12:23 a.m.

The fact that this article even exists is life-affirming shit. Thanks Chris/everyone involved with Scott Pilgrim!
  • CRAPNUGGETS - November 10, 2010 12:20 a.m.

Not sure if its much of a game reference, but I also liked how most of the evil ex's are kinda like a lvl. They had the number: like the 2nd one, his car had the number 2, then the club was club 6 I think. Super man had a number 4 on his shirt. Dont know if I got all the numbers right...but you get my point.
  • RamenDragon - November 10, 2010 12:17 a.m.

@nightmare17: It is better here. This is his best acting to date. If you already can't stand Cera, I don't know if you'd like it, but I found this to be much better than his usual.
  • RamenDragon - November 10, 2010 12:16 a.m.

OK, just wondering, since this is kind of a cheatsheet. Oh, and not to insult you, Chris, but just to point out something for you to fix: The song played during the opening credits sequence is actually listed as "We Are Sex Bob-Omb" on the soundtrack. "Threshold" is the song they play during the battle with the Katayanagi twins.
  • nightmare17 - November 10, 2010 12:10 a.m.

I didn't watch this movie because I can no longer tolerate Serra's acting. In every movie I've seen him in hes just an awkward looser. Out of curiosity was his acting role any different in this movie? or was he an awkward looser who managed to kick the asses of 7 people.