• DeadGirls - May 24, 2010 8:46 p.m.

Yeah, both Bioshock and Fallout 3 should be on this list. Bioshock went straight down hill after the second act 'twist', and ended with a lame boss battle and even lamer cutscene(s). Fallout 3 ended with a totally forced decision about which person should die of radiation when neither had to since there was a noble radio-active immune mutant on hand. And then after all it's talk of 'choices' affecting outcomes, the difference between being a horrible character and a saint is a different 20 second voice over in the last cutscene? wtf?
  • metalgatesolid - May 24, 2010 8:39 p.m.

The Halo one meant nothing to me. Rings? Vortex i think is mentioned and there is a talking vacuum cleaner. An ending that had a bit of a downer for me was the Original Fallout 3. You save the planet but die meaning if you saved over a file at a certain point you couldnt really go back and do everything else without it feeling wrong. Thank god they fixed that with the expansion packs.
  • Moleman42 - May 24, 2010 8:35 p.m.

I loved the Lost ending, 2 and a half of the greatest hours in television history, but 24 is tonight so who knows. I did hate the end of Resi 5.
  • TURbo - May 24, 2010 8:32 p.m.

Halo 2. A giant white bear, and the Arbiter. That was lame, and also how they set up the previews with earth being invaded, and that really didn't matter.
  • hazelam - May 24, 2010 8:11 p.m.

@crashmanx you're really not gonna like the lost ending then.
  • hazelam - May 24, 2010 8:10 p.m.

no mention of fable 2? seriously, one attack will kill lucien, and even if you don't kill him then reaver will do it for you, after getting bored with his monologuing
  • CrashmanX - May 24, 2010 7:44 p.m.

Ya wanna know who pulled the worst Ending BS, Why BSG itself. Battle Star Galactica (The Sci-Fi Channel series) ended in one of the worst ways possible, sent the Cyclons into a black hole and then just HAPPENED to jump to earth, by absolute chance. They didn't even answer what the hell Starbuck was.
  • Vitoruss1 - May 24, 2010 7:36 p.m.

FABLE2FABLE2FABLE2.
  • spawny0908 - May 24, 2010 7:34 p.m.

I second Fable 2 and Borderlands. And add Bioshock 2.
  • FreddiexKruegerxinxmyxWetxDreams - May 24, 2010 7:30 p.m.

I didn't think the Lost ending was that bad!
  • unclecharley - May 24, 2010 7:29 p.m.

I just finished Borderlands and that ending actually kind of pissed me off. Talk about ending on a "whimper"! The General Knoxx DLC helped make up for it though.
  • ArmTheBomb - May 24, 2010 7:15 p.m.

GOD OF WAR III nuff said.
  • Picnic1 - May 24, 2010 7:15 p.m.

What about Resident Evil 4? Easy final boss and a silly jet ski sequence.
  • eee - May 24, 2010 6:52 p.m.

Halo ending sucked ass they didn't even have to right much thats like #1 shitty ending
  • Conman93 - May 24, 2010 6:06 p.m.

I personally really liked the GOW3 ending. I think Resi 5 should be here instead. Also isnt Halo 2's ending a lot like GOW2 and R&C Quest for Booty (which were both great endings in my opinion)
  • tobz1000 - May 24, 2010 5:59 p.m.

Also - in the same vein as Halo 2 - Modern Warfare 2 much?
  • tobz1000 - May 24, 2010 5:56 p.m.

GoW3 has one of my favourite endings of all time. I realise I'm in the minority there.
  • NotBraze - May 24, 2010 5:21 p.m.

Don't forget BioShock, fantastic game with an amazing twist, then after that it slowly loses steam until a cliché boss battle and two overly black and white endings.
  • Transmatrix - May 24, 2010 5:18 p.m.

Lost ending wasn't bad. I enjoyed it. And on GTA4, I didn't mind the finale either. Sure, it wasn't over the top and you lost either your cousin or your girl but it was a good story. Also, they made up for it with the ending of The Ballad of Gay Tony. Now that's an ending...
  • KnightDehumidifier - May 24, 2010 5:11 p.m.

I'm gonna say Fable 2, because after all this dungeon-running, and running Albion the way you want it ran, and it all comes down to a ridiculous boss fight with your probably over-powered abilities and items, and then you play "pick your achievement".