Topics

E3 Nintendo

• Hammish - June 7, 2011 8:17 p.m.

Also, WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U WII U sounds like a siren
  • jasoncarter - June 7, 2011 8:17 p.m.

Instant sale. Nintendo, I believed in you for a long time. I'm 25 and I remember playing all the old stuff back from those days. Nintendo, welcome back to the game. May your sales continue to drive you forward for bring back all the old things I remember and making them even greater then before. Your certainly not as powerful as my pc wii U, but damn your fancy, lol.
  • Reaver_Beaver - June 7, 2011 8:16 p.m.

So the controller isn't the console?
  • Hammish - June 7, 2011 8:14 p.m.

So, is the controller good for shooters?
  • somerandomchap - June 7, 2011 8:14 p.m.

@dden45 I hope you are right they decide to redesign the controller. Maybe even upgrade the console slightly to give it more of an edge in the future.
  • dden45 - June 7, 2011 8:12 p.m.

One thing I think people are forgetting is that the Wii controllers are all supported as well. This includes the classic controller. Meaning that if a developer wants classic style videogame controls, they just develop the option, a la Goldeneye for Wii. You don't HAVE to use the tablet. The more I read about it the more versatility seems to come out. As for graphics let us not forget how much Nintendo can do as a developer. I mean look how good Mario Galaxy looked on the severely underpowered Wii. I can't wait to see what they come up with with the extra power. Plus it looks as though Sony and Microsoft are too busy with their attempts at the casual market to bring out new systems. This is only our introduction to the system, we will get more as time goes on. It's clearly not ready for launch any time soon.
  • CoryM1134 - June 7, 2011 8:08 p.m.

I'm gonna draw little red swirls all over it and pretend it's the new Dreamcast.
  • BudaBaker - June 7, 2011 8:04 p.m.

Nintendo's back.
  • MyNameIsMyName - June 7, 2011 8:04 p.m.

Let's try not to give Nintendo too much credit for finally getting with the program. The Wii U looks nice but I have a Dreamcasty feeling to it.
  • Oracool13 - June 7, 2011 7:59 p.m.

amen, i definitely loved nintendo's presentation and can't wait to get my hands on the wii u, as ridiculous as the name is.......it might grow on me.
  • somerandomchap - June 7, 2011 7:58 p.m.

I am underwhelmed, it looks the same as the 360 which is about 7 years old. The controller is a gimmick and looks way to uncomfortable and will probably cost a fortune. It's relevance in the marketplace will be lost after a couple years when Microsoft and Sony release their new consoles. Everyone is sucked into the same hype train as the Wii. Also, the touch screen lacks multi-touch which i believe will hold it back and prevent it from being used to its full extent.
  • db1331 - June 7, 2011 7:55 p.m.

I can 100% see Nintendo showing us that hyper-realistic HD Zelda demo, and then revealing the first new Zelda for the Wii U to be in some kind of wacky new cartoonish style. It wouldn't be the first time. The day they announce the development of a game that actually DOES look like the demo they showed today though....I don't know what I would do.
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - June 7, 2011 7:55 p.m.

I'm defiantly excited. Assuming third party development stays as strong as it appears it is now, this is going to be a hell of a console.
  • LOZ4EVAH - June 7, 2011 7:52 p.m.

All in all I am satisfied. I give the E3 presentation 8/10! I'll wait until I see the FINAL versions of the console and controller before I say anything rash. Supah Smash Brooootherrs!
  • P0LARCLAW - June 7, 2011 7:51 p.m.

I think Nintendo can win E3 whenever it wants to. The SSB announcement alone won it for me.
  • corndog501 - June 7, 2011 7:50 p.m.

I'm buying this on day one, looks awesome! All they need is a solid online base for players and this thing will make Sony and Microsoft shit bricks!
  • captiancarl - June 7, 2011 7:48 p.m.

I think nintendo may have won E3 this year... opinions?