Topics

E3

• IRONCURT - June 10, 2011 5:24 p.m.

"It's all tied up!" Adam Sessler jokes aside I am very glad the game has improved on virtually every aspect of one of the greatest games of all time. I would be very surprised if this game does not win GOTY.
  • Cleanser247 - June 10, 2011 5:17 p.m.

All I have to say right now is this... Skyrim = Game of the Year I can't wait until 11.11.11 !!!!!! : ) : ) : ) : )
  • bkoz117 - June 10, 2011 5:05 p.m.

I like Todd Hoeard a lot. He seems like an honest guy in all of the videos I've seen. I'm happy that a guy I would hang out with is making my game of 2011.
  • Crabhand - June 10, 2011 4:45 p.m.

I've pretty much consciously avoided seeing anything on Skyrim, but now that I've seen this I'm absolutely stunned. The scale of this game seems to be absolutely crazy, and a lot of the interface changes seem fantastic.
  • IHateMakingUserIDs - June 10, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Skyrim looks amazing but did anyone else notice the hosts changed halfway through the video?
  • Oxfordcomma4 - June 10, 2011 4:26 p.m.

So yeah... now i have to clean the lustful drool off my computer. I. need. this. game.
  • usmovers_02 - June 10, 2011 4:12 p.m.

Definitely disappointed. I was hoping for something I hadn't already seen.
  • MattCrinos - June 10, 2011 3:44 p.m.

I wish they'd show real gameplay instead of the same pre-recorded video that they take to EVERY demonstration of it. I think by now that I know the script better than Todd Howard does. Actually prefer watching live demos, even if they run into issues and problems - it instantly gives me a better impression of the studio, since it shows their honesty. However, it's TES V, so I'm buying it regardless.
  • sirdilznik - June 10, 2011 3:42 p.m.

@Pocotron - Gamebryo was really impressive way back in the day when it was powering TES III: Morrowind (STILL my favorite Elder Scrolls game BTW) but by the time it was being used to power Fallout 3, and even more so when it was being used to power Fallout: New Vegas, the flaws and limitations of the engine were really showing. It was definitely time for a new enfine with TES V.
  • Pocotron - June 10, 2011 3:38 p.m.

I am glad they worked on the engine. It was pretty good for Oblivion but it just killed Fallout 3 (if they used the same engine, that is).
  • vistyle - June 10, 2011 3:32 p.m.

Truly looks amazing. Considering I still play Oblivion from time to time I can only imagine the hours I'll be putting into Skyrim. Heres to hoping I don't screw up my grades come November!
  • sirdilznik - June 10, 2011 3:22 p.m.

The way the game zooms out into a living overhead map of the world is really badass.
  • Clovin64 - June 10, 2011 3:13 p.m.

WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
  • Kage_No_Shi - June 10, 2011 3:12 p.m.

Looks pretty good, though I'm a bit disappointed that enemies won't dismember like in Fallout 3/New Vegas. I'm a bit iffy on some other stuff, but I've got confidence in Bethesda to deliever a great, fun game.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - June 10, 2011 3:12 p.m.

@db1331: yeah that was one of the first things I noticed in the video. It looks like Bethesda really took the time to make the game more immersion, especially the HUD system.
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - June 10, 2011 3:10 p.m.

This is incredible. I can't wait to dig right into this game!
  • db1331 - June 10, 2011 3:07 p.m.

The thing I'm most excited about is that they seemed to have figured a way around that annoying popup Oblivion suffered from. Nothing kills immersion like seeing an entire forest or building pop up out of nowhere 50 feet in front of you.
  • UndyingReaver - June 10, 2011 2:54 p.m.

Amazing, cannot wait curse you summer time.