We Recommend

• Moose101 - December 10, 2013 8:59 a.m.

Maybe this is just me, but I feel like moving forward in time is losing potential. Now, I am not by any means saying that I don't want to play Emily's game; that would be awesome. However, I feel like there are still a couple of stories that exist in Dishonored One's timeframe that are yet to be told. The story I most want to see is the story of the other parts of the empire during the events in the first game. Think about it like this: Dunwall was one of the largest suppliers of the precious energy, whale oil, right? Roseburrow made a fortune off of the stuff, and it transformed Dunwall into a major city and political player. Dunwall was probably the world's most important supplier of whale oil, and they offered the trade and energy to other places in return for other goods. So what happens when all that goes away? Placing a quarantine over Dunwall was supposed to keep the other cities safe from the Plague, and it was likely largely effective. However, it came at a price. Without Dunwall, the other cities plunged into darkness. Civil war broke out. The other cities began to fight each other, all searching for the precious resource of the oil. In an attempt to crush the other cities and gain power for their people, many of the cities began drafting as many young people as possible. Dishonored Two could focus on the story of Natalie, a young girl in another city, and her older brother, Mathew. Mathew had been caring for Natalie since their mother had gone to Dunwall to trade for some oil before the plague become too bad to survive. However, while she was there, the quarantine was imposed. She could not come back. Four months later, Mathew is drafted for the military. After being able to escape recruitment no longer, Mathew is dragged away, leaving Natalie alone and hungry in their dark and empty apartment. That is when the Outsider approached. He takes good care of those that interest him, and Natalie's power had enticed him. Granting Natalie his mark, the outsider explained how a little girl could save an empire, and how one could destroy it. Players would take control of both Mathew and Natalie at different points in time, each with their own unique abilities that help carve a path for them both in playstyle and in personality. Natalie is the empowered one. Her ability to communicate with those that can not speak allows her to traverse the warring city in a variety of ways. However, as a child, she is not able to kill or fight like the other assassins the series has so far investigated. Mathew is the strong one. With a variety of gadgets and weapons granted to him, each different, he is able to accomplish feats of strength and violence Natalie could only dream of, but, without the mark of the outsider, Mathew could never be an true assassin without the help of his sister. Players would have to take advantage of each person's strengths, and account for their weaknesses. They would have to choose which powers Natalie should secure, which friends she should pick. A player would have to decide where Mathew fits into his role as a guardian and as a soldier. This game could focus on the moral aspect that the first game hinted at. It could take things a step further, investigating the humanity of the dreaded weepers, and the desperate struggle the other cities took upon themselves to defeat a plague. That is what I would like to see in a sequel.
  • martin-grundtvig-kolling - March 7, 2014 2:37 p.m.

The game has been revealed to most likely take place in Tyvia and you'll be playing a single male character a Multiplayer option has also been added, though all i want is just 2-4 player co-op that fits into the Story of Dishonored, perhaps some character customization to make exploring something you'd want to do for a reason, though keeping up the amazing story, aswell choices.
  • ContourProse - August 28, 2013 6:19 p.m.

I would very much like to see something along the lines of a Corvo enthusiast who what just a child when Corvo was taking back Dunwall and had been inspired by him. After Corvo had then died and Emily had grown old; she is not able to hold power because of some warlord or something of the sort and the castle is stormed and Emily is thrown in jail. It is then that The Outsider comes to this now grown character and presents him with Corvo's mask and grants him the mark. That would probably be the best way to continue the game...
  • AttanoGeorge - August 21, 2013 9:31 a.m.

The game developers sorta made a mistake allowing Corvo to die of old age. The two addons with someone else is pretty much ok. To backtrack and make Dishonored 2 might be ok, except it world be like the three installments of the Lord of The Rings. Those episodes were conflicting and rather out of order on lots of information. Then there was the backtracking to make the Star Wars episodes. Sure, I would play Dishonored 2 but most of the damage was done in the original game. Maybe another game altogether different with different characters and locations all on the theme similar to Dishonored. This one should carefully be planned out with many addons and game version 2, 3, etc.
  • Dreviny - March 29, 2013 12:18 a.m.

The next game should start later on when Emily is in her early 20's. So you had to protect her and do her bidding for the greater good of the city. With this they should let you get to travel through the whole city and not limited on travel. They should add a couple of new weapons too. Then, when you complete the game you are able to travel through the city like Skyrim, and Dark Souls. With that you can also keep you modifications that you have made. Also, when you upgrade the the enemies also upgrade to give you more of a challenge. They also need smarter A.I., plus give give you the ability to scale any building or bridge, ect...
  • kor891 - March 16, 2013 6:02 p.m.

i say keep emily all grown up with everyone (at least those alive) from the first but old and you can load your game or if you dont have a save choose a chaos level anyway in #2 i think it would be cool if yes dunwalls rebuilt and the isles are at war and your a recruit in the royal assassins led and taught by corvo i dont know anyone else found this out but dauds followers got part of his powers and he followed the outsider anyway your chaos decides your missions and dunwalls place in the war and you can still influence chaos (so theres still a happy ending) as the game progresses corvo lets you in on the teachings of the outsider like new powers to buy with runes and piero and sokolov sell you equipment like the first and even invent new items and i like free roam so i agree with that and optional POV is great cause the twisting and turning in first person was disorienting during battle and even running but dunwall is compact so i understand the first person and you explore the other isles
  • Karzeon - February 24, 2013 12:03 p.m.

I realy loved the game and if it was my own decision for a dishonored 2 i kinda would like if it was prior to this one, the game would set before Corvo returned to the empire as we saw in this game. I would love to know more about Corvo and his life before and after the first game, but if they want to make a second game with a diferent character i'd like the protagonist to be Daud, i think he was a very interesting character and i'd also love to have him in dishonored 2. If they make a new game ( i realy hope they do ! ) i just want to ask that they do it has this one because lets be honest, THIS GAME WAS AMAZING !
  • will-sanders - February 10, 2013 10:40 p.m.

I am not in love with the idea of Emily being around… If they made her survival canon, it would make the original's ending moot for some players. One way I definitely would not mind seeing her is if she went insane and corrupt. In the end of my first play-through, she seemed sort of demented, like when she was drawing a picture of herself murdering a large crowd of people. She would often ask how many people I had killed that day, and even in the end, when I saved her, she spoke about killing our betrayers if I hadn't done so already. I would love to see a new character, a new setting, and definitely Open-World. I can't help feeling like the missions in Dishonored were a bit closed-in. I still can't believe how much I loved this game! Can't wait for a sequel!!!! :D
  • Sahdow360y - February 3, 2013 9 a.m.

okay first, dishonored IS A GREAT GAME !! as it is ,the only thing that BOTHERED me so much was the FIRST PERSON CAMERA ,which i think giving the player a choice between it and a 3rd person camera would be really nice (like The Elder's Scroll V skyrim) ,beaceause i HATE 1st person camera its confusing and makes me dizzy ,specially in a Game that uses stealth which Dishonored is all About... As For the world ,i would suggest that you guys make it more animated ,i mean when u play the game it feels either like your walking alone in a playground ,and most of the time every single charachter in the missions will try to kill you on sight .so you guys should develop a more diverse universe for the main charachter i would suggest thet it would be a completely new hero who's also DISHONORED (i mean that's what the game is all about :restoring your honor) so he follows the steps of corvo ,and wears his "death mask" and he would help the grown up emily in her quest . and i just want to say THANK you developpers of dishonored i expect great ideas from you guys ^^ dishonored is one of my favourite games ^^
  • masyaf456 - January 25, 2013 1:53 p.m.

Free Roam. I still don't understand why it wasn't included when it would have worked PERFECTLY. Also, it should be longer - MUCH longer - than the original. Though I loved what I played, I didn't see enough of it to truly validate the price tag (in my opinion). Also, it'd be quite interesting to play as Emily, certainly, but it would be pretty difficult to make that work. Why would she have to hide from her own guards? In fact, why would she be killing anyone when she has an army at her disposal? Also I think the sequel should include more of the Abbey and the religious side of things as opposed to the political viewpoint in Dishonored. I guess it'd be quite interesting if the Overseers were the primary enemy in Dishonored 2 - for example they rebel or the High Overseer kidnaps Emily's child, something similar to Dishonored but not the same (if that makes sense). Also I think the plotlines should definitely be linked, because, as I've said, Dishonored 1 simply wasn't long enough.
  • quamikaze - January 21, 2013 6:03 p.m.

Dishonored is the most wonderful stealth game I've ever played. Yes, Assassin's Creed 3 is nice, but after 5 games, I've kind of gotten tired of the whole franchise. You kind of know what's coming after awhile. This, this is fresh. It's new. On a slightly unrelated topic, I really wish time wouldn't keep going (albeit slowly) when you open the weapon wheel. It still gives a guard a chance to get in a cheap slash while you're choosing your death-dealing or death-defying (by way of escape) power.
  • daniel-english - January 14, 2013 6:38 a.m.

Dishonored has been my favourite of 2012 year and the only title I have played on the PC this year. I like the idea of playing as Emily and all the ideas by Gameradar are great. One thing that was missed was the idea of a Multiplayer! Dishonored is ripe for a MP game! Is would be great and a refreshing change from the pace pf CallofDuty type games. Imagine Capture the Flag using Blink!! :) . I think most people adverse to Multiplayer are the kind who don't like competitive online experience and either never will or just haven't given it a decent go. To dismiss the idea completely is both daft and a little ignorant
  • EzraPound - January 13, 2013 1:03 a.m.

Could play Daud as the main protagonist and begin in the province of Serkonos, either before the events of Dishonored or after. This could also give us more insight into the outsider, as we all know that Daud has been visited and that Daud has his own set of skills and powers. Serkonos is also supposedly a warm beachy climate known for being full of pirates, merchants, and prostitutes.
  • PridedWalnut - January 6, 2013 6:14 p.m.

I don't so much like the idea of playing as Emily, maybe you could play as Corvo's son (or some other relation) who gets banished by Emily after Corvo dies. Emily could turn all bitchy, because Corvo showed more affection toward you, then you could travel to Serkonos where you get caught up in some political intrigue? and it should all end with you getting revenge on Emily or something, it also should not be called Dishonored 2, they should use another title but do the same font styling or show a picture of Corvo's mask
  • Sir1 - January 5, 2013 9:35 a.m.

Sorry, but I dislike the title of the discussion; Think outside the box! How about the second dishonored taking place somewhere else, or in another era! Think of the outsider giving his powers to someone else! Another society, other people, other powers, other city, other objectives, other status of the main character. Of course that is a bit difficult if they aim to stay with the steampunk engine.
  • SHaDe Tomahawk - December 28, 2012 2:52 p.m.

I just recently fisnished Dishonored and I was left in awe. The game let you choose, do you want to be a silent assassin? Or be a vicious barbarian forcing for revenge. I would love to see a second game... I think playing as emily would be a great idea. Maybe getting revenge on Corvo's death or family member. Maybe even wear Corvo's mask. A empress bent on revenge... I like it. I also like the idea of a less abandoned city. A lighter feel. Dishonored has to be one of my favorite games this year easy 9.5/10. I really want a upcoming game. This game makes me beg for more. It's also a game you want to endlessly play over and over.
  • philip-kaufman - December 24, 2012 6:05 p.m.

The one thing, the ONE thing that I disliked about dishonored, is that when you run people think it is an intruder, but when the guards run, they do not sound like an intruder. Please fix that problem. I loved the game, and think that there should be a second dishonored.
  • Chris Canfield - December 15, 2012 9:32 p.m.

I really want to see rewards not just for one play style over the other, but for varying the play style between areas. Say, town guards that are relatively innocent and knock-out-able vs religious zealots that should be stabbed repeatedly. Perhaps there are areas that magic-based attacks are discouraged, and others where physical attacks are impractical or impossible, and still others where only item-based attacks remain. Perhaps areas with guaranteed combat, where stealth is not an option. If they cleaned up certain control issues, and reduced the console loading time, it could be a truly worthy sequel.
  • darnell-l-armstrong - December 10, 2012 6:14 p.m.

I think Daud should be the next protaginist....If they use Corvo sparing him as canon, and finding out that they are both from Serkonos, it makes for an interesting tale. And not just focus on Dunwall. Start the game from Serkonos, and by the end of the game, end up on the Pandyssinian continent.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 2, 2012 8:42 p.m.

A sequel to this sounds very good as long as the story is good. I would like to see what happens when Emily is older.