• jackthemenace - October 19, 2012 1:48 p.m.

For once, i want to see a Somewhat-dystopian-future Cyberpunk action game that DOESN'T cite it's main influence as Blade Runner. I mean, the book was way better than the film.
  • Edias - October 19, 2012 11:12 a.m.

I'm sure they will deliver the story well, but I am concerned with how they will handle the gameplay. It sounds like something that could fall outside of their comfort zone; but that may not be such a bad thing. Time will tell, I guess.
  • Craza - October 19, 2012 1:28 a.m.

If any other developer were working on this, I honestly wouldn't care. But I've had a thing for RED ever since I got into Witcher 2. I'm definitely interested.
  • sirdilznik - October 19, 2012 10:32 a.m.

CDProjektRED has replaced BioWare as the RPG developer I automatically trust to deliver the goods.
  • boondocks50 - October 18, 2012 10:13 p.m.

i saw that picture of the guy with a blond mohawk a long time ago but i dont remember where
  • ThundaGawd - October 18, 2012 7:40 p.m.

Oh god yes, Cyberpunk is one of my favorite genres (second only to Steampunk), and CD Projekt RED is a damn fine developer in my book. Hopefully this'll turn out nicely :D
  • lazer59882 - October 18, 2012 7:28 p.m.

well i just hope it's not as disappointing as witcher 2. after all the hype that game got, when i finally played it i was HUGELY let down, i never even finished it, let alone had the patience to play through it again to pick the alternate chapter 2. just...incredibly boring, and surprisingly linear. i've got my fingers crossed that this doesn't suck as much.
  • LSZ - October 18, 2012 9:51 p.m.

"well i just hope it's not as disappointing as witcher 2." - said by maybe 4 people on Earth
  • Redeater - October 19, 2012 midnight

Holy Christ! The Witcher 2 was brutally unforgiving, required a lot of personal investment, had a cast full of unpleasant characters...........and was one of the best games I have played in years.
  • lazer59882 - October 19, 2012 11:46 a.m.

lol it was only hard for the first few hours, then it got unbelievably easy (at least if you spend your skills properly). yeah the cast was "unpleasant", but they were also totally underdeveloped, and what development was there was actually all in the codex. which, by the way, was written in the most pretentious, impenetrable way possible. i've seen all kinds of shitty, horriawful RPG journals in my day, but witcher 2 had to have the worst, by far. i can't help but think that everyone who says the wither 2 was one of the best RPGs ever, really REALLY hasn't played many RPGs.
  • Redeater - October 19, 2012 3:30 p.m.

"i can't help but think that everyone who says the wither 2 was one of the best RPGs ever, really REALLY hasn't played many RPGs" I've played everything from NES FF1/Dragon Warrior/Faxanadu........all the way to FFX-2 and even strange RPG's like all the Mario RPG's. So......
  • lazer59882 - October 20, 2012 1:27 p.m.

mario RPGs = "strange" RPGs? point made.
  • Redeater - October 20, 2012 3:53 p.m.

"strange" as in they all play different from each other and other RPGs as well. I have played more RPGs than you ever will son. Clearly you are in the minority regarding The Witcher 2. Did you ever think that you were the problem? Or are you just one of those cool kids that need to be different?
  • sirdilznik - October 19, 2012 10:30 a.m.

You have a right to your own opinion. Personally I consider The Witcher 2 to be one of the 3 or 4 greatest RPGs ever made. I've gone through the game 4 times and have loved the heck out of it every time.
  • lazer59882 - October 19, 2012 11:48 a.m.

i like my RPG classics to be less linear, and a little more epic in scope, not 3 locations to explore the entire game. i also like to start a story in the beginning, not like the witcher 2 which seemed to just throw you into a narrative that was already in progress, failing to explain who or what anyone was.
  • Redeater - October 19, 2012 9:14 p.m.

"i also like to start a story in the beginning" You must have hated Star Wars: A New Hope.
  • lazer59882 - October 20, 2012 1:28 p.m.

nice try, but no.
  • Redeater - October 20, 2012 3:48 p.m.

"nice try, but no." point made.
  • lazer59882 - October 21, 2012 10:15 a.m.

hahahahahaha now you're just not making any sense.
  • ObliqueZombie - October 18, 2012 7:05 p.m.

I had no idea that it was based on a tabletop game, but man I think that names is dumb. But that's just a name. I never got around to playing The Witcher or The Witcher 2, since I simply have too many games to play, but from what I've heard they're a stellar group of people.