Topics

console port

• db1331 - September 23, 2011 10:59 a.m.

I'm not saying people can't still go and drop $20 on this on their console and have a fantastic time, but I think you're underselling the differences between the two versions. I think this pic sums them up pretty well: http://files.sharenator.com/Crysis_1_PC_vs_Xbox_360_Infinite_Picdump_80-s955x1238-234958-580.jpg Personally, I'd take the PC version over the stripped down 360 build and its "weapon customization wheel."
  • Channel4 - September 23, 2011 11:20 a.m.

You can't really trust any screenshots or videos of the PC version. Nearly everything that shows how good the game looks is from a modded version and there is only a few places in the game where it does look amazing. Though the 360 shot is comparable to lowest settings. I'm pretty sure all of the weapon customisation the article mentioned was in the game anyway. In fact i'm pretty sure it was even more open than it was in Crysis 2. Also I actually played Crysis 1 with a controller and it handles better with a controller than most console games, including Crysis 2, so it's a bit disappointing that they've changed it.
  • db1331 - September 23, 2011 11:32 a.m.

Why does it matter if a screen cap or video is taken from a modded version?
  • Channel4 - September 23, 2011 11:43 a.m.

Because that isn't what the game looks like.
  • db1331 - September 23, 2011 11:52 a.m.

If you can download a mod and play with it, how is that not what the game looks like?
  • aaron171 - September 23, 2011 3:59 p.m.

because that isnt really how it was originally made to look. its called a user-created mod for a reason. And if you're going to post comparison pics, use the same screenshot for both the console and PC versions of it. and does it really matter how it looks compared to the PC version?
  • db1331 - September 23, 2011 9:31 p.m.

That IS the same screenshot, you jackass. The fact that you don't even recognize it only further illustrates my point. Look at the rocks on the right. Look at the layout of the trees, the curve of the road. It's the same damn picture.
  • kor2disturbed - September 26, 2011 6:02 a.m.

Thanks for making me sad. Whatever I'll still get it I've always wanted to play the original Crysis and since it requires more money than I'm willing to pay to play on pc, this is the best I can do, and it still looks pretty damn good in that respect. So screw the pc I still get to play it.