• xenn - December 2, 2009 3:12 p.m.

I'm planning on cheating on my PC (yes, i know it's not a console) with a PS3. I was considering an Xbox360, but there are too many of the same games on the PC and Xbox. And I'm not wild about Halo.
  • nadrewod999 - December 2, 2009 2:39 p.m.

I have all three consoles, but I absolutely hate the Wii, and while I often try to buy a lot of titles on the PS3, I mostly use the 360 because most of my friends only have a 360. P.S. I have gotten the RRoD on my 360, but I have not gotten the YLoD on my PS3.
  • doggyystyle - December 2, 2009 2:38 p.m.

Good article, Dont see the point of owning the 2 big consoles (xbox ps3) at the same time it would be like cheating on ur girlfriends twin sister. having either the xbox or ps3 along with the wii would make better sence...
  • dahsif - December 2, 2009 1:46 p.m.

REZ HD is the only reason I want a 360. Oh, and advising people to get a Wii isn't very cool. I got a wii, but I almost never play on it. Waste of money.
  • DeathandBlackMetal4 - December 2, 2009 12:42 p.m.

Hey, my first comment, but yeah I really wasn't convinced to change sides, cause I like the 360 and ps3. sorry.
  • Cernunnos - December 2, 2009 11:39 a.m.

killzone and lbp was shit. mag is shit as well. and god of war will like all other GoW games, be mediocre at best. i still love my ps3 though, and i went swinging a long time ago.
  • bloodyshadow - December 2, 2009 10:34 a.m.

Know you, I'm glad that Viva Pinata is getting a fair amount of love on GR. I thought this game was great, pretty as hell, and well put together and I felt like a tool for thinking so. Go Viva Pinata (Brett Laugh!)
  • MaynardJ - December 2, 2009 10:32 a.m.

I own an XBox 360 but will buy a PS3 and a Wii eventually, both have kickass games I wanna play. I'm still busy with the last-gen consoles; still not bored with my 7-year old Gamecube (playing through Resi4 for the second time), bought a second-hand PS2 last year (finished Ico en SotC, Okami will be next). Not to mention all the last- and current-gen games I haven't played yet and the piles of unplayed PC games collecting dust. I always loved Nintendo (having owned an NES and SNES), but also enjoyed my brother's Megadrive/Genesis and later his PS1 while he got hooked to Command & Conquer and Age of Empires on my PC. I skipped the N64 in favor of the PS1 and the PC. So, no fanboyism here. If I had to pick one console over all the others, though, I guess it would be Wii; old SNES and N64 games as DLC, and compatible with all my Gamecube titles. I would play The Wind Waker and Metroid Prime 5 more times if I had the time.
  • tomasavery - December 2, 2009 9:13 a.m.

Calling Fahrenheit underrated is basically the same as saying you only played half of it. The second half of that game was more disappointing than a peter molyneux game - at least Fable and Black and White sucked from the start, and didn't begin as one of the best adventure games in 20 years before dissolving into puerile trash. Puerile trash with necrophilia I might add.
  • crumbdunky - December 2, 2009 8:39 a.m.

Oooh, Notvraze. I dunno about the "if you can only get one the 360 is the best way to go" as , tbh, you can only play PS3 exclusives on a PS3 but you can play many 360 "exclusives" on a PC, and often at better resolutions and better framerates AND in the case of L4D better EVERYTHING. I wouldn't wish to be without any of my gaming machines(even the handhelds which have been AMAZING this year-bar my USELESS iPhone-piece of crap)but think that the 360 would be an easier one to miss than my PS3 just because you'd lose out on a few fewer games my way AND Live is a totally indefensible con, imo. There's NOT £40 worth of difference there for ANYONE and if you have three kids as I do you'll start to understand how much of a con Live really is-plus I actually prefer the lack of cross party chat on PSN as it killed TF2 on Live for me!
  • Tomsta666 - December 2, 2009 8:31 a.m.

I happily own an Xbox 360 and a Wii. The two of them co-exist in perfect harmony. Sure, i'd like to get a PS3 someday, there are a few exclusives i'd love to play. The price of the damn thing is whats holding my back though. Once it hits around £150 then i'll bite.
  • crumbdunky - December 2, 2009 8:26 a.m.

Better PS3 list than 360 one, tbh. I won't harp on about the usual "you can play those better on a PS!" BS that PSfanboys always bring up about the 360/PC "exclusives" but will say that L4D on the 360 was a massive rip off. It's the worst case of a watered down PC to console port this generation and GR should have the guts to point that out. It looks worse, runs worse, has no community or mod support and less dev support than the PC version-and guess what? It's dearer too! Seriously, PS3 owners should be jealous of the incredible PC experience and NOT the woefully over expensive and under featured 360 effort that Valve vreated to make a quick buck that they wouldn't have to bother much about-then sold it to 360 zealots by hammering the PS3 and it's community/. The sooner we get them back to JUST making PC games the better(the efforts on 360 are VERY weak ports compared to what other PC based devs produce these days-and though WAY,WAY better than the terribkle EA made PS3 port of tOB the Valve made 360 port still isn't great)as then we might get to see some HL again this century. Honestly people, I LOVE L4D(and L4D2)but I'd NEVER put it down as something someone would want a 360 for as the 360 versions are so pale as to be virtually transparent by comparison to the gull gat, exciting mod fuelled PC games so wuill everyone stop eulogising about what amounts to a quick, lazy money making scam as Valve don't care about CONSOLES-you can pretend they love our 360's but you'd be very wrong-nd they just don't try as hard on them or care wat console ciommunities get from their games either-ewhy no mod support Valve?MS? Sony managed it for the lower selling UT3 so whjat's the problem as it's something that would give L4D some value on the 360 and make me feel that the £40(still hurts as it's more than twice what I paid on Steam)was, sort of, worthwhile. Otherwise, however, with the Mass Effects of this world you can justify getting a 360 to play them on as the quality is close enough to the PC games(esp if you install the games to HDD)that the advantages of console gaming still make them a good choice here. Some great games for 360 this year(after I barely played mine this!)with SC:C and AW maybe the games that , finally, break the PS3 hold on the best looking console exclusives titles as they seem like they had both the same kind of dev time AND budget of your KZ2s of this world. Reach should see Bungie flex some creative muscle on a Halo game for the first real time since the Marmite flavoured(but at the time AMAZING to look at) Halo2 and 2010, Natal and all should be a better bet for the 360 than 2009 has been. Could really have pointed out a gew more 360 things though, GR, as to me the PS3 part looked better and I think this year is a LOT more equal than any so far this generation between the two-that said did you not put GT5 in? As for the Wii: It'll be a good year for the white box, imo, with the NMH and RS sequels, SMG2, New Zelda, FF CC CB, Fragile coming west(where's my Fatal Frame 4 Ninty? Where?)and both HVS new games looking pretty sweet. Articles like this make me pleased I kept faith with all three consoles(though I fell out with MS for a while over "warranty" issues which made me realise they REALLY aren't happy about having to do it! AND woindered where the games were comin from in 2007 for the PS3 and often since then for the Wii!)as they're all giving us some good gaming love this year coming with, ginally, some truly interesting multiplats arriving among a slew of great platform exclusives-if anything there are way too many this year after the delays(which were stupid in many cases)and when EVEN Yakuza3(thank the lord) is finally comingfor western PS3 owners there's only one massive worldwide injustice left, imo. I know certain PS3 adopting SE fans won't agree seeing as they're YET to see a game from them on the console they wanted them to buy for years BUT spare a thought for those Japanese FF fans cajoled into 360 ownership by the promise of, now multiplat, exclusive jrpgs like Tales and SO4. Why are they the only HD gamers In THE WORLD left out of the FF13 party? Van't we help these poor guys and gals who've possibly had the biggest reasons to complain in 2009? These are the true casualties of the console war, imo, and why I feel that if you say, in an ad, that something is exclusive it should stay that way for good-I don't care if that means just fewer 3rd party exclusives at all if we stop more gamers getting screwed over like the Japanese 360 owning JRPG fan. Embrace your illicit affair with forbidden hardware! Thin about it. MS and Sony don't care about you anyway. They're going the same way as Ninty and splitting their love with those newcomer "casuals" anyway, so drop the Halo avatar obsessions, drop the frankly worrying over emphasis on the particle effects in KZ2 being more complex than life itself and stop pretending that you ONLY like Mazza! Wall o TEXT
  • justified_candy - December 2, 2009 7:54 a.m.

two words: HALO REACH. enough said.
  • NotBraze - December 2, 2009 6:17 a.m.

I personally own a 360, my favorite of the current gen consoles, but my dad has a Wii and a PS3 so I've been happily cheating on my 360 whenever I'm at my parents house. If you can only get one console though, the 360 is still the way to go.
  • gameboyhippo - December 2, 2009 5:26 a.m.

Okay, as a guy who owns all 5 consoles (including handhelds), the best console to get is the DS. Yes, the DS, the weakest console of them all. It has a ton of fun games for it and you can play them anywhere. Next, comes the Wii. It has the best games out there for all of you who aren't FPS/M rated gamers. Next is the PS3. It's a great console to use as a media center. Unfortunately, I've only managed to get two games for it since most of the games are crappy M rated games/FPS. But as a media center, it's awesome. You get to play Bluray, Netflix, and stream media via upnp (which works well for those who've built a myth TV box). Next comes the PSP. It's got some alright games (Power Stone collection, Crazy Taxi, etc... Oh wait... those are DC remakes) and the fact that it is easily hackable (for homebrew. Pirates suck). Finally we have the 360. As you can see from the featured list, it has next to nothing for a family gamer like myself. It's just a preteen M rated game fest. Besides when they attempt to make a great family game (1 vs. 100), they charge the CRAP out of families. For a family to play 1 vs. 100 and have their own stats, it cost $200!!!! You heard that right, the cost of a game console. Microsoft's response "You can have others play as guests" NO WAY!!! Who wants to be a clone of me? Not my wife and kids. They want their own stats. So the only way anyone can be a 360 fanboy is if they are addicted to the same FPS garbage that plagued the original XBox.
  • JustTheBoBreaker - December 2, 2009 5:18 a.m.

I love my 360, but the Last Guardian looks like it might be the most visually striking and artistically inspired game of the generation. By the way, is anyone else pumped that No More Heroes is coming to the HD consoles?
  • Phreakout93 - December 2, 2009 5:09 a.m.

symphony of the night is also on psn though
  • Hurricrane - December 2, 2009 5:08 a.m.

I bought my PS3 for Valkyria Chronicles and it is one of the best decisions I've made. I actually became emotional during the narrative and it is MILES ahead of 70% of movies/ TV shows on the air nowadays. If you don't own a copy, go buy it and it will not dissapoint
  • PS3man - December 2, 2009 4:59 a.m.

I have a PS3, and recently purhcased a Wii. Yes, it is fun. Shut up.
  • darkvare - December 2, 2009 4:44 a.m.

god of war made me buy a ps3 i still hate myself for buying a wii :< and i played all the key exclusives i specially hated no more heroes what a piece of crap