• BearKiller - June 24, 2010 5:25 a.m.

This is actually one of the best articles I have read on this site. This is so amazing. Thank you. Good job.
  • lukel127 - June 24, 2010 5:21 a.m.

For some reason every word is on a different line. I've opened it multiple times and refreshed but its still like that. Anyways great article. I usually rage quit, but now i think ill blast sheild.
  • WoodyWoodrowAndThePanfluteOfDestiny - June 24, 2010 5:19 a.m.

I disagree with the author. Sometimes games aren't balanced correctly and "cheap" tactics (spawn-killing, noob-tubing, teamkilling) are cheap because a feature such as a grenade launcher is meant to be used over a long range, but people use it as an up close primary weapon, it was never meant to be used that way. But then again I believe in sportsmanship>winning so we obviously share different viewpoints. I don't like it when I'm cramped up in a base and dying every 2 seconds because the enemy found a good corner. So I don't do it in return. Back in Rainbow 6 Vegas our #1 rule was sportmanship and we would boot out anyone who didn't follow the rules. We called it the Gestapo room.
  • Seyu - June 24, 2010 4:31 a.m.

Wait, GR folks act like journalists too? NIce article though.
  • Kenzo - June 24, 2010 4:27 a.m.

@GermanmMfia94 the same thing happened to me, one word per line, finally an interesting article hits the site and I can't read the thing without continually scrolling.
  • axelgarcia1 - June 24, 2010 3:58 a.m.

learned a lot
  • twewy13 - June 24, 2010 3:52 a.m.

hmm..well, the noob tube can be hard and less accurate to shoot over long distances since the grenades go lower and lower as they travel, which means you'll have to aim above you're opponent to acctually hit them. this means that with a sniper, assualt rifle, lmg, or even an smg, you could quickly kill your noob tube weilding opponent at a distance. at medium range however, the noob tube it a bigger force to be reckoned with. at medium range you must remember that bullets travel faster than the grenade coming from the noob tube. you can kill a noob tuber if you quickly shoot him down, the problem is you would probably have to fire from the hip since aiming down sights may take too long. stopping power and a 1 hit kill weapon like the m-16 would help in this situation and you may be able to kill the enemy before he kills you. also, noob toob grenades take a long time to reload, this may be its biggest weakness. if they miss the first shot, quickly take them down. also, get behind cover, the noob tube doesn't go thru cover (i've been talking about COD 4 for those that don't know :P, just saying, although this will probably be helpful in MW2 as well). at short range, the grenades will not explode...this is rather nice, you can quickly take them out with any gun you have, or your knife, as they try to reload, the only problem is that if the grenades hit you, you die...fast... i could go into more detail but phew... i'm done
  • MrDuracraft - June 24, 2010 3:43 a.m.

@510BrotherPanda Oi, same here about the difficulty. But fortunately I do that Supermassive Galaxy thing to get 99 lives, or I'd Game Over 3 times on some levels (*cough* purple coins *cough*) >.> It seems that games without the choice force you to go the extra mile, or just are on "hard" by default to be a little b****. ReCaptcha: Swami have, What do the Swami have, mon?
  • twewy13 - June 24, 2010 3:36 a.m.

WOW!!! this is how gaming was meant to be! alright...i must now devise a plan to counter the noob tube muahahahahaahahahahahah....
  • 510BrotherPanda - June 24, 2010 2:49 a.m.

Nice article, Matthew. The only thing is Super Mario Galaxy 2 has no hard mode and doesn't give you extra chances when you die like God of War and some of those other ones. I get frustrated every time, and don't play it when any other family members are in the house for fear of swearing. "E for Everyone" my butt! Hardest platform game I've tried in a while. But at 220/242 stars, I'm slowly getting there...
  • RamenDragon - June 24, 2010 2:41 a.m.

Great article. And good for linking to people who think GamesRadar is nothing but boob features.
  • FreddiexKruegerxinxmyxWetxDreams - June 24, 2010 2:27 a.m.

I usually get mad at my friend for playing games on easy when I play games on medium or hard especially horror games because in horror games because a monster is way scarier when you know that it can kill you more easily, also I do not think it is fun when you are fighting a big scary monster and you can kill it without breaking a sweat
  • misterkot - June 24, 2010 2:21 a.m.

Yo Matt! Great article! Send me links when your articles are posted here. They're the best ones on this site. -Wild Turkey
  • D0CCON - June 24, 2010 2:14 a.m.

I agree with a lot of this, especially with automatically deciding certain things aren't skillful. I was pissed at noobtubes in COD, so I started using them and now I'm decent at being annoying and I have a better idea as to how to fight back (of course, my answer to almost everything is flank the guy that killed you, but that won't always work). Also, I constantly hear that camping is unskillful. I think camping in one spot is pretty skill-less, but camping in a spot, getting a couple kills, and then changing position is a great way to play. Once I started doing that, I didn't need to rely so much on claymores (especially good in games that don't have claymores) and I started getting killed less. It is also fun to leave claymores in the position you were in instead of the position you moved to, just to kill the players that go there for revenge.
  • Crimsonkingx - June 24, 2010 2:03 a.m.

That was incredible! Really opened up my mind to a lot of things I could be doing but am not! The best article I have read in years! I an going to try my best to apply this to all my games, not just multiplayer. Kudo's friend.
  • demonscourge21 - June 24, 2010 1:32 a.m.

every thing said in this article is what I do... that is very depressing but now I Know how to overcoem these mental blocks Excelent article
  • CreeplyTuna - June 24, 2010 12:54 a.m.

you should write a book, no joke
  • peace4me - June 24, 2010 12:28 a.m.

I agree there is no cheap things, unless you actually break the game by glitching or hacking. I learned a lot from this piece
  • MrDuracraft - June 24, 2010 12:12 a.m.

I always say that there is never anything cheap unless you glitch/hack. The things are put into a game for a reason, to be used, and while things like grenade spamming or using the same thing over and over may be annoying, if it works go for it.
  • TheCanuck - June 24, 2010 12:11 a.m.

I used this article to great effect in Company of Heroes, not always winning the match, but building up counters to things that I at first thought cheap/unstoppable. Using the most unlikely things in that game can do anything you want them too under the right circumstances. Thank you Matt, you are truly a wise man. And hopefully, I can play one of my fellow article readers if they have Company of Heroes, and see what they learned!