We Recommend

• james090162 - November 4, 2012 5:48 a.m.

My view on this is simple, Bethesda has always taken extra money from Microsoft to delay the PS version of its games, so as far a DLC from them goes. They can keep it. If the game looks like a game I will play, I'll buy it but no DLC. If everyone one would do that maybe they would get their asses in gear and put out a product that everyone can enjoy.
  • Cieje3 - September 22, 2012 12:07 a.m.

I'm not a complete tech hound, but I have a hard time understanding why Bethesda is having this trouble with the Ps3, considering I read an article in Game Informer about the development of the '360's chipset.. Basically the guys looked at their masterpiece, the Cell processor and then improved upon it in a number of ways. Fix this little issue here, add a little more juice in this area, loosen up that little bottleneck there, etc.. Despite whatever tweaks WERE made, the tech was less than 1 year newer than the mighty PS3 processor; not exactly a quantum leap. Besides, I had the PS3 GOTY edition of Oblivion at one point, and ran into ZERO problems.. (Until I realized that they weren't going to bother with the wonderful hideouts and legendary horse armor DLC that the Pc/360 versions got. (partial sarcasm, aimed at horse armor of course.) Oh, well. Time will tell. Stuff Happens. I recommend un-bunching your panties a little bit and reminding yourselves that the Bethesdians are HUMAN, just like the players.
  • brad-nagel - September 3, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Give us a way to convert our save games and I have wouldn't care if I need to get the PC or Xbox version. But I spent way too many hours playing this game to not get the complete experience. If this doesn't come out or there isn't a alternative I'm never going to spend time with any Bethesda games again. I wouldn't be able to trust them.
  • Octaviux - August 31, 2012 7:22 p.m.

It's amazing how bad Bethesda sucks at programming for the PS3 this late into the console life cycle. They're probably counting down the months until the PS4 launches which will almost be identical to the Xbox 720 for development.
  • Viron - August 31, 2012 6:07 p.m.

If I recall correctly the PS3 has memory problems, which are probably the source of half of it's problems.
  • NullG7 - September 1, 2012 5:53 a.m.

Yea I think its something around those lines, the longer you play the worse it gets. Not so much with the PS3 in general I think but more with PS3 and Bethseda
  • sage-hynes - August 31, 2012 2:39 p.m.

this fucking bullshit, its completely unfair, i am seriously disapointed in bethasda. pc and xbox user's are getting a new dlc next month. wtf? you promised us all systems behtesda a huge exspanison pack that we dont get? thats completely unfair.
  • jim-cook - August 31, 2012 3:59 p.m.

How about this...Bethesda is forced to buy back all Skyrim games purchased as new for the PS3? Refund enough coin to buy the XBOX/PC version of Skyrim from Gamestop for those with an XBOX/PC that still want to play Skyrim with the DLCs...and full amount for those PS3 users that don't own an XBOX or DON'T want to ever play a Bethesda game title again. I'll take my $20 right now please and head to Gamestop, promising you, Bethesda, to NEVER buy a game from you again, my used version of XBOX Skyrim satisfying my Skyrim craving forever, the XBOX DLCs the last coin you see! I won't care about reviews or how great friends say the game is...I will simply remember who made it and avoid it, also remembering the vast hours spent playing my PS3 version only to have to start over because your team isn't good enough. Being a father this also translates to my two sons, who won't be allowed to buy/play another Bethesda title. Don't say that you will do your best to cross over to other systems if your team isn't good enough to do it! Im with the other posters that say source-it-out if your team is this inept and remember the ineptitude next time layoffs come around. Who's the Project Leader on the DLC for PS3 by the way? Would hate to look back on my career there and see my relationship with PS3 users as a total failure.The loss of capital going forward has to be tremendous if PS3 users are serious and avoid Bethesda games and this falls directly on this team. Either refund money or get your asses in gear working overtime to finish the job...a change at Project Leader wouldn't hurt if they're afraid of the task at hand.
  • sage-hynes - August 31, 2012 4:54 p.m.

yeah but xbox breaks down easily im not going waste my money to bye something ill have to replace 4 times
  • IamTheBalance - August 31, 2012 8:15 p.m.

This isnt 2005 you can no longer use that as an excuse for xbox 360 hate.
  • FreezeRay - August 31, 2012 12:43 p.m.

I really have to fault Bethesda on this one. Why can other devs port their games over to PS3 with little to no issue? it seems like Bethesda's outdated engine is what's the real issue here. I will concede that the PS3's version of multiplatform games in general are a little slow but nothing as crippling as playing Fallout or Oblivion.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - August 31, 2012 12:17 p.m.

This is really too bad. Even though they're a bit at fault, it's hard for me to be mad at Bethesda for ultimately making a game too complex to be easily ported to all platforms. Hopefully Sony will learn next generation that it NEEDS to make a platform that's easy to develop for. Developers shouldn't need to constantly hire people who specialize in developing games for the PS3.
  • Clovin64 - August 31, 2012 11:44 a.m.

Truthfully, I would prefer a game to be delayed for many months rather than get it on the right date in a broken state. Maybe Dawnguard will make it to PS3, maybe it won't. But at least they arent releasing a broken product.
  • thomas1980 - August 31, 2012 9:15 a.m.

About this particular bit of news, I couldn't care less. Finish Skyrim (on ps3 with no technical problems really), felt it was boring and certainly wouldn't want to make that game any longer than it already is. However Fallout 3 & New Vegas are two of my favourite games of all time, this news does make me concerned that Fallout 4 will be unplayable on my platform of choice.
  • SentientSquidMachine - August 31, 2012 7:49 a.m.

As a PC gamer who owns a PS3, things like this are what stop me from buying AAA titles for PS3 instead of PC. If it wasn't for FIFA, My PS3 would just be a blueray player, at this point. I have an expansive collection, but in the past 2 years I have switched over to PC-first minded play, and buying. I agree with everyone who thinks that there is no excuse for this. They charged PS3 players the same amount as everyone else, and didn't complete theor job by beta testing the game. Bethesda HAS TO have the money and resources to figure out the problem. All That said, PC is and always will be the perfect console.
  • garnsr - August 31, 2012 9:16 a.m.

So, no matter what kind of PC you have, whatever graphics card or drivers installed out of the box, you'll be able to play any PC game?
  • SentientSquidMachine - August 31, 2012 9:59 a.m.

actually, sure. If you have to turn off AA, reduce the resolution, turn off ansiotropic filtering, or whatever, you absolutely could. But even a joe somebody's dell that his mom bought for him wouldnt have to do all of that. The point is it's the most flexible. There are tiers, but you could easily match this generations consoles graphics and processing capabilities with 5 0r 6 year old tech. Most current games are high low-end friendly, notably, skyrim.
  • Dadyo238 - August 31, 2012 11:09 a.m.

The reason the current consoles have 6-year-old tech is because that's how ild the machines ARE. Time for a better excuse?
  • SentientSquidMachine - September 6, 2012 12:23 a.m.

You misunderstood, I meant that you could match the graphical and processing capabilities of the ps3 and 360 with a computer from 2005, which makes sense since consoles are developed with the tech of its current time. The point is, that this strategy is flawed when the generation drags on so long. Someone had to have though that 256mb of RAM would only be adequate for so long.