• BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 10:52 a.m.

Halo taking the top 2 spots is kinda depressing, honestly.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:14 a.m.

I mean, hey, without Halo, we wouldn't have a lot of games today. I think.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 12:12 p.m.

Not really. We MIGHT not have as many FPS today if it wasn't for Halo... Which, seeing how we are fucking over saturated with them, maybe this would have been an actually good thing.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 12:30 p.m.

I'm not talking First-person SHOOTERS--I'm talking about First-person GAMES. Granted, BioShock is a shooter, but there'd be none of that. Probably no Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim, no Stranger's Wrath, and definitely nothing else from that personal perspective. Hell, maybe nothing with good shooting mechanics as it is (on console, at least). See what I mean?
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 12:43 p.m.

No offense, but that is a stupid assumption. Morrowind came from an already well established franchise long before Halo existed. And good FPS existed in consoles before Halo. (Goldeneye. Need I say more?) Had Halo not existed, only shooters might have taken longer to thrive in consoles, same as multiplayer games, but not first person games in general. Morrowind would have been developed exactly the same for the PC, then ported to the Xbox, same as half life 2, and Doom 3 So I'm sorry, but you're giving Halo undeserved Credit.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 12:51 p.m.

I'm not saying it created FPSs--sure, Goldeneye was around long before it--but Halo redefined it. Now, we're all just making assumptions, but Halo quick-started First-person anything on CONSOLES and consoles only. It didn't start the FPS genre, but it made it a nice little niche on the consoles long before anyone even dreamed it. Hell, people scoffed consoles for FPSs as inferior to PCs at the time. Go play Goldeneye again, today. It's horrendous and nigh-uncontrollable.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 2:04 p.m.

"Go play Goldeneye again, today. It's horrendous and nigh-uncontrollable. " Considering that to this day, there are a lot of people that still swear by that game, and claim they play it to this day. I doubt it's as terrible, though yes, the graphics have aged terribly. Still, while all this IS speculation. What I'm trying to drive at, is that Halo didn't really do anything that couldn't have happened on it's own later. Perhaps without halo, it would have taken longer for a developer to come up with a good way to bring the FPS scene to the platforms successfully. But it would have happened eventually. Also: "Hell, people scoffed consoles for FPSs as inferior to PCs at the time." WHy are you using past tense? :P PC gamers STILL scoff at FPS on consoles to this day :P
  • truology - April 19, 2012 6:39 p.m.

Regardless of your feelings of the game halo did so much for the xbox that it cannot be scoffed at. The master chief is so iconic to xbox its like mario to nintendo. Also, while halo did not bring the fps to consoles Halo 2 did define how how fps would work online for consoles. In my opinion Halo 2 defined console online gaming as much as counter strike and team fortress 2 have for pc.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 6:55 p.m.

I do not deny it's importance. I'd have to be delusional to neglect that fact XD That being said, I obviously do not like it, and it has always bothered me that so many hold the series in such a high regard when if rankly fail to see anything truly special about it aside from it's timing.
  • truology - April 19, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Kind of like how I feel about Call of Duty, I respect your point of view.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Thanks (: And well, I can see that with Call of Duty as well. I admit, I really enjoyed the first modern warfare game, I genuinely did. However, while i did like the second modern warfare, I did feel far less enthusiastic... And Now I just simply don't give a crap about the series anymore. In my mind, they got a single good idea with the setting, AND with cinematic levels such as "All Ghillied up"... And they have milked that shamelessly since then, never really looking back or trying to do something special with the series anymore.
  • Dadyo238 - April 19, 2012 5:41 p.m.

But that's why the made the Wiimake.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 6:08 p.m.

They make remakes to milk money out of an existing property. Also, it wasn't technically a proper remake since they changed characters and such.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 12:52 p.m.

And calling anyone's assumption or opinion "stupid" in indeed offensive, warning or no. T_T
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Well, i didn't mean it as a direct offense to your person. But i honestly did found that assumption to be ridiculous... And hey, lots of people are fond of calling me a dick, so maybe that has to do with it as well :P
  • slimjim441 - April 19, 2012 10:08 p.m.

BladedFalcon wins this round, but is still dick. XD And I've never seen a thread go on so long that the indent had to reset, good teamwork guys.
  • J-Fid - April 19, 2012 10:43 a.m.

No Soul Caliber II? Or are you saving that game for the PS2/GC list?
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 10:55 a.m.

Chances are it's going to appear in the GC list. Mainly because of Link.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 19, 2012 11:52 a.m.

SCII on Xbox was the worst version
  • J-Fid - April 19, 2012 2:25 p.m.

True, but it's still SCII, a very great game.
  • evan-bergstrom - April 19, 2012 10:42 a.m.

i'd like to point out that 3. KOTOR takes place close to 4000 before the movies
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:22 a.m.

I think it's roughly three and a half thousand years before the event of Episode IV, or as the calendar uses, the Battle of Yavin IV.
  • evan-bergstrom - April 19, 2012 11:38 a.m.

either way they got it wrong
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 11:58 a.m.

You're right, and it's pretty glaring. HEY GAMESRADAR STAFF, FIX PLEAAASEEEE!
  • Bloodstorm - April 19, 2012 10:33 a.m.

Halo CE and Halo 2 should be reversed. Otherwise, solid list. Glad to see Escape from Butcher Bay on there. Still one of my favorite games.
  • ThePrivateer - April 19, 2012 11:45 a.m.

I don't know how I feel about EFBB. I bought the Assault On Dark Athena double-pack thing a while ago. While it was certainly fun, it had very odd pacing and sometimes lacked direction. I liked it, but not enough to be one of my favorite games. I will replay it sometime soon, see if I like it more the second time through. I do also like the sequel a little more, I think. I also agree about Halo CE being better than 2.
  • Bloodstorm - April 19, 2012 1:49 p.m.

The sequel was great, despite what reviews had to say about it.
  • theycallmegep - April 19, 2012 10:29 a.m.

So this list isnt just exclusives? morrowind was definitely one of the best xbox games of all time, but it wasnt an exclusive...but great list
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 10:50 a.m.

They wouldn't be able to list 25 honestly, genuinely good exclusives for the system.
  • patbateman17 - April 19, 2012 10:19 a.m.

Really, Halo 2 is the top? F that game. Lots of racing games on here too. Don't care what anyone says, Fable 1 was awesome (of course a let down after the hype, but still awesome). I remember getting Beyond Good and Evil and Freedom Fighters from Best Buy for $5 each for some reason. Those games were great. I'll go on the record and say that Breakdown was one of my favorite xbox games and definitely in my top 10 all-time - but it gets no love anywhere, what a cool game and the first time I felt like a game really nailed the atmosphere for a "becoming a superhero" moment. Dead Space 2 nailed it also with the awesome pumped up music when changing suits :)