• shawksta - May 28, 2013 7:48 p.m.

Awesome list, especially Power in Saints Row and Skrillex in Far Cry. Ah Crazy Taxi. You know what probably wouldve been awesome? If that Rumor of that Rated M Nintendo game"Acid Ghost" that was sponsored by Eminem actually Happened. "Not Afriad" probably wouldve fit in, Too bad that went down in the drain and debunked.
  • bamit11 - May 28, 2013 6:05 p.m.

How could you forget I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire by The Ink Spots in Fallout 3? It is so perfect that they even tried to get the song as the theme song for the first Fallout game.
  • pokepark7 - May 28, 2013 5:43 p.m.

Ha nice i didn't even noticed some of these thanx :D
  • StrayGator - May 28, 2013 3:15 p.m.

SR3 had Holding out for a hero. that fit well. I guess the gone jackals' "legacy" doesn't answer to the criteria, but it had to be mentioned.
  • BladedFalcon - May 28, 2013 4:05 p.m.

Yeah, Holding out for a Hero was used really well, but I think it loses points for being in only ONE possible ending for the game XD
  • Frieza - May 28, 2013 2:08 p.m.

"All I Want" is my favorite on this list. I love that song very much. How about 30 Seconds to Mars' "This is War" in Dragon Age Orgins? Anyone remember that one?
  • knightnettie - May 28, 2013 1:19 p.m.

Does everything from Persona 3/4 count?
  • PatHan-bHai - May 28, 2013 1:17 p.m.

Well, the best music I've ever heard in a game is in SSX: On Tour's and Midnight Club: Dub Edition's soundtrack. Every single song in both the games were just awesome!!! :D ... Some other tracks you guys should check out(not sure if pop or something like that):- Riders on the Storm - The Doors ft. Snoop Dogg -NFS Underground 2 Cities - Beck - Sound Shape(s) Stuck in the middle with you - Steeler's Wheel - Reservoir Dogs ........ Also, you guys should note how Warfighter brought back the spotlight on Linkin Park (Castle of Glass)...........My favourite band ever :D :D :D
  • ObliqueZombie - May 28, 2013 1:11 p.m.

Actually, Skrillex is an irritant for the everyone who enjoys music crowd. I jest, I jest. This was a good article, and frankly, some pop music is a great addition to any game given the right context. Using too many orchestral sweeps just makes them blur together--and with every past orchestral piece, for at matter. It took me forever to realize that he black lady in Infinite was singing "Fortunate Son" during the revolution. That whole soundtrack, actually, was awesome. "Will the Circle be Unbroken" sung by Courtnee was amazing.
  • rooster2814 - May 28, 2013 1:03 p.m.

Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction" in True Crime: Streets of L.A.
  • BladedFalcon - May 28, 2013 1:01 p.m.

Oh hell yeah, That skillrex song in Far Cry is definitely the best use I've heard of a pop song in a videogame in this entire generation. So much so that the entire song AND the stage is used on is one of the biggest stand out moments in the game EVEN THOUGH I normally hate Dubstep and don't care that much for reggae, and yet that song is stuck in my head... Even as I write this it's coming up agai- DAMN YOU TOM GOULTER! Also, yeah, don't think anyone can dispute The Offspring's "YAH YAH YAH YAH!" song in Crazy Taxi. Pretty much when anyone mentions either one nowadays, they cannot do it without also mentioning the other XD
  • archnite - May 28, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Yeah its like Phil Collins and Tarzan, but with games.
  • Datadog - May 28, 2013 12:51 p.m.

Brutal Legend was swimming in these kinds of moments. "Children of the Grave", "One Shot At Glory", "Through the Fire and Flames", and "Mr. Crowley" were the anthems of some of the game's most pivotal scenes just to name a few, and I couldn't imagine the game without them. I had one rare moment in "San Andreas" where "Free Bird" started playing on the radio during a very nice scene. The timing was so perfect, I almost thought the game had been scripted that way.
  • StrayGator - May 28, 2013 3:07 p.m.

For me, the standout "right song at the right time" in brutal legend was "mob rules" - in the announcement trailer! Just the perfect riff to start playing the second you've ran out of gum.
  • archnite - May 28, 2013 5:14 p.m.

Absolutely. I love the beginning of Brutal Legend for the stream of righteous tunes that accompany your decent into the mouth of metal. Especially the way they mix Brocus Helm's "Cry of the Banshee" when you spelunk into the Spider Queen's lair, beautiful.
  • kachigop - May 28, 2013 12:02 p.m.

"Give it All" by Rise Against really got me amped up while I was playing Need for Speed: Underground 2, and I'm not necessarily a fan of that type of music. As a matter of fact, all the music in that game was pretty great. I also always loved the music in the Tony Hawk games.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 28, 2013 12:48 p.m.

Maxwell Murder by The Suicide Machines in Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX. gaaawd
  • Usgo - May 28, 2013 1:04 p.m.

That was by Rancid and yes it was awesome.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 28, 2013 1:11 p.m.

Doh. That's what i get for not double checking before posting. Still, I will always remember it.