• FVDub - April 1, 2011 8:49 a.m.

Thank you for placing Mass Effect 2, Wind Waker, and Super Metroid in the top 10. Those are 3 of my favorite games ever. I half expected Okami to crack the top 10.
  • austincharlesbond - April 1, 2011 8:46 a.m.

Metroid Prime?
  • austincharlesbond - April 1, 2011 8:45 a.m.

I don't know why websites make lists like this. I did not like this list, and I'm sure there will be a lot of others who don't. These things are bound to make hate.
  • Smeggs - April 1, 2011 8:39 a.m.

My ass is going to be playing Wind Waker when I wake up. I remember how great that game is. Sailing across a beautiful sea, I see an island in the distance, a pirate lookout rising from the waves, and then-UH-OH! Giant Octorok! The level of exploration in that game was IMO what made it the best, being able to just sail off in a random direction and find a new undiscovered land. Also the story was at its base the same, and yet it was so unique and fresh in every other aspect ("I was born on a nice little island. Uh-oh, sisters kidnapped, gotta work with some pirates to get her back. Gonna save the Rito and Deku Tree, now gonna kill Gano-Crap, he's still alive. Time to go to Hyrule castle which is in the ocean. Hyrule sank into the ocean because of Ganon?! That Bastard, I'm so mad I could stab him in the fa-Oh wait"). I was also glad to see Kingdom Hearts on the list, just thinking about the game makes me nostalgia all over the place. Now that Nomura himself said there's gonna be a KH3 after the 3DS game in Famitsu magazine I'm happy there will be a closing chapter finally too all the prequel-madness.
  • SirNinja - April 1, 2011 8:19 a.m.

This was an unusually well-thought-out Top 100 list. I notice a lot of comments pointing out certain choices as "daring" or "ballsy", but...I don't really think they were. I didn't even blink when I saw Portal at #1, especially after reading the criteria at the beginning. I'm really not sure if I would change anything about this list, actually. For once, here's a top 100 that actually looks like the product of a lot of thinking and debate. Props.
  • Gene - April 1, 2011 7:53 a.m.

Looking through the pages: Fine... Fine... Fine... Until the last page: WIND WAKER? THE HELL? WHAT THE HELL? Anyone who places Twilight Princess and Wind Waker on a list and ignores Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask has something wrong with them. To say that OoT has aged badly is a downright lie - it hasn't, and Majora's Mask has held up even better. *Fumes* Other than that, though, I can only really think of one big miss, and that's Metroid Prime on the GC. So in a last of 100 games, only a few really notable mistakes. That's not half bad, GR. *applause*
  • Peloun - April 1, 2011 7:39 a.m.

NO PERSONA ?
  • ALinkToTheZack - April 1, 2011 7:11 a.m.

Obviously no one will agree with the entire list 100%, but I sure enjoyed reading it nonetheless. I do enjoy a well thought out top 100.
  • KaiokenKid - April 1, 2011 6:59 a.m.

I personaly dont get all the portal love. It was a good game, but it wasnt the best ever.
  • PanzerDSS - April 1, 2011 6:55 a.m.

WHERE THE HELL IS PANZER DRAGOON SAGA??? Good job on the list, guys, but as a Saturn owner, I feel there are some omissions, like the entire Panzer Dragoon series and NiGHTS. I know you can't please everyone, but what about just me. :(
  • p0wnd - April 1, 2011 6:52 a.m.

PORTAL?!?!? I disagree but accept this.
  • wedgie - April 1, 2011 6:45 a.m.

oh and Infamous too
  • wedgie - April 1, 2011 6:43 a.m.

Not so sure about Number 1, but overall great list. I saw in the comments what you guys already said about Goldeneye, and there are only a few other games that come to mind for myself. Namely Dragon Age (Really enjoy that game) or maybe some other classic Bioware games, as well as Star Wars Battlefront. Hope they make another Battlefront, played it so much and it is a great game.
  • ilikeduckvaginatista - April 1, 2011 6:40 a.m.

great article guys i love the list cept for a few things(portal, gta's and a few others) but still great job one mostyl getting me to agree wiht you and effort like this makes gr the best gaming site on the interwebzzz:)
  • ThePigHostage - April 1, 2011 6:39 a.m.

Very pleased (and pleasantly surprised) to see Wind Waker get some love.
  • FrapJedi - April 1, 2011 6:37 a.m.

I agree with almost every entry on this list, except number one. Portal is an exceptional game, but best game ever? No fucking way.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - April 1, 2011 6:31 a.m.

@spartan6431 I vouched for Max Payne, but hey, there were only 100 entries and a lot of great games.
  • quincytheodore - April 1, 2011 6:31 a.m.

I... I'm ashamed to say.. I never play Portal :( I gotta find a copy
  • Rascanuvols - April 1, 2011 6:15 a.m.

I would have gone with Disgaea instead of FF Tactics. Deeper gameplay, as hilarious as Psychonauts, and with some of the best characters EVER (Mwaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaa!) Good list, thought. Even with it's blatant lack of FFVII, I still agree with it more than with any other list I've seen.
  • FlashDancerElite - April 1, 2011 6:13 a.m.

Pretty ballsy to put Portal at the top of the list, especially given it's absurdly short playtime, but at least it shows Gamesradar isn't living in the past. Also didn't know there was so much love for Wind Waker, both in the office and the community. Can't say I personally care for it that much (especially over OoT and TP) but then again I also think that Link's Awakening is better than Link to the Past so I'm not surprised my opinion might differ. Otherwise a great list and a fun way to spend a Thursday evening.