• pekka-puupaa - February 20, 2013 2:41 p.m.

No Paper Mario 2 but Saints Row 3. No Vice City but IV. Portal 1 first? LOL. Fail list
  • BuggattiFreak - February 20, 2013 5:19 p.m.

Little miffed that you guys would throw Forza in there without a whisper about Gran Turismo, but whatevs.
  • Anastius50 - February 20, 2013 8:25 p.m.

really world of warcraft i like this site but COME ON
  • wolf14 - February 26, 2013 11:11 a.m.

I missed a lot of games on this list, but this one on number 10 made me piss my pants from laughing. Really, can you take a top100 all-time games with this one in it really serious? :/
  • nick-cannon - February 22, 2013 2:30 a.m.

Portal L M A O Insanity
  • chase-fuzzyface-schronen - February 22, 2013 7:20 p.m.

okay starcraft one was so much better than 2. Portal is overrated. Portal 2 was much better, And how could they leave out possibly the best game of all time? The Ocarina of Time. That game deserves the #1 slot. Hands down.
  • neilglencannon - February 27, 2013 10:43 a.m.

First, way too much Nintendo--especially GameCube titles. It shows the age of the person who wrote this. GameCube owner during formative years. I'd say currently 17-24, max. Windwaker but no Ocarina of Time. How can you have a 100 list without Ocarina of Time? It's virtually everyone's #1. And let's do the run down. Halo 4, but not Halo: Combat Evolved. Jedi Outcast, but no Dark Forces II. Don't let the tweeners write your articles. Put this kid back in the kiddie pool. He's drowning.
  • MasterBrief - March 1, 2013 5:38 a.m.

true I don't think they should have had multiple series entries but it is the whole staff that wrote it not one person. Definitely needs work though
  • neilglencannon - February 27, 2013 10:54 a.m.

The more I look at it. This game is missing ENTIRE consoles. Like N64. How do you spotlight a Star Fox emulated port but not the original. Weird list.
  • MasterBrief - March 1, 2013 5:36 a.m.

Don't agree with this for the most part mostly because they put Saints Row 3 instead of 2. 3 is complete shit compared to the other 2 games the second game is amazing. Also including WoW? I know it has definitely made an impact I don't think it gets that spot.
  • vermicelli - November 2, 2013 6:27 a.m.

Lol, I new some immature Saints Row 2 fanboy would whine about this, LOL. Sorry dude but Saints Row 3&4 are classics. Saints Row 2 was average: it has heaps of copy and paste from GTA (in its activities, shops, generic look and open world), and tried to be 'serious' but it was just to goofy to work. Thats the truth. The 'Serious' stuff conflicted to much with the cheesy b-movie writing and goofy activities. Was no perfect mix. LMAO. The customization that fanboys complain about wasn't as good as the new features and customization in 3&4. Theres some more truth for you. Only a small but loud minority of fanboys complain about this LOL. Go harrass the devs on the Saints Row messageboard like the rest of em, Oh jeez, how lame. SR3 made more sense for what it was and played to the Developers strengths: Over the top up front, serious stuff in the back. Only the fanboys complain about 3. All the activites were great in 3&4, while 2 had major filler, made the game drag on for too long. Nice try though : ) The reaction to 2 was quite mixed on release, most of the people that play 3 consider it one of the greatest games of all time, the perfect self-aware crime game with over-the-top action, humor and some serious. : ) But you keep telling yourself otherwise ROFL. Sorry, opinions are one thing, but one a game is better for what it is, you gotta give it credit.
  • MasterBrief - November 4, 2013 4:31 a.m.

Can tell you are a stupid fucking kid. LMAO and LOL every other line. 3 is good never said it wasn't but compared to 2 in entirety it's shit. The story in 3 was pretty short and fairly stupid, very entertaining but still. Haven't played 4 but looks even more of the deep end. There is nothing wrong with these games but putting them up on a best games ever makes it stand out as a must play which it isn't, honestly wouldn't even put 2 on it. Go crawl back in your hole where you bitch about fanboys when you are one yourself.
  • vermicelli - November 6, 2013 6:45 p.m.

the games moved in a self-aware direction which was better for what the games were trying to be. 3&4 broke ground by taking this direction, when most open world games are extremely po-faced and dull. The also made the side-missions as enjoyable and fun as possible, rather then tacking them on as cheap filler like other open world games before them. 3&4 are classic, no fanboyism, just honest evaluation. You don't care for that style of game and you probably played 2 as a go between other games you were waiting for, like most of the other whiners. So you really shouldn't be commenting. 2 was not amazing, it was average in comparison. Its good that they included SR3 because its groundbreaking for what it is. More serious does not mean 'better'. Neither does 'more filler': which SR2 is filled with, in its sidemissions and gta-type copied mission structure and overall game design. 3 broke away from all that, Shorter maybe, but its quality of quantity. SR2 drags on and a few of its side-missions outshine the actual story (crowd control, septic avenger).
  • MasterBrief - November 7, 2013 6:56 a.m.

Jesus how old are you? I'll just go ahead and file you under the troll category. No it was not a go between, I played one and enjoyed it so when 2 came out I got it and enjoyed it. I also got SR3 on launch and loved it just thought it could've been better and I liked 2 better in terms of story and progression. If you really want to stick to the gta-copy type stuff just get out of here, we could go on all day with how every game is a rip of another. SR4 breaks that now as it is a rip of openworld superhero games like Infamous and Prototype. You strike me as one of those people that actively search out a specific topic and bitch about, in this case people disliking SR3 however slightly that might be.
  • vermicelli - November 8, 2013 4:53 a.m.

i was just pointing out why it was a better game, you don't need to troll the comments like that. Preference is one thing, but an unbiased true evaluation is another, which is what i posted. Calling people stupid is immature, especially when you fanboy an article like this. You got whiney so i pointed out why you were wrong. SR4 did take ideas from other games, but it made it ts own thing (same way 3 did) and was still drastically different from infamous/prototype. Just don't fanboy or fanrage on an article, or you'll be called out on it. Hipstering an article is quite rude and not good online etiquette. You're ageist comments aren't helping you either.
  • MasterBrief - November 9, 2013 10:23 a.m.

Troll? I'm just commenting back to your post. You calling me a fanboy is immature. I like all 3 games but prefer the 2nd over the 3rd and that is a matter of preference like you just said. There was no fanboy rage just opinion. I can't help thinking that you putting stuff like hipstering and ageist is something to make you seem more mature. Also yes SR4 ripped off Crackdown very blatantly and did it better from what I hear but it is still ripping off another game which you mentioned they ripped off GTA because they took themselves slightly more serious in 2. So what exactly is our conclusion? SR4 is a good fun game?
  • vermicelli - November 9, 2013 4:23 p.m.

Unfortunately, I won't be reading your comment, however I assume its continued trolling.
  • LunaSibe - March 1, 2013 7:40 a.m.

Why is Okami #56? Okami was considered the best game in 2006 and had massive ratings by many well known critics and reviewers! The story is one of the most beautiful I ever saw and the game is just truly an amazing work of art... it is epic, in nearly every sence. I believe Okami deserves to be at the very least at the top 10 :(
  • will-hartley - March 4, 2013 4:24 p.m.

great list. I appreciate the approach - one game per franchise, historical significance not weighed - which means a lot of modern games are near the top of the list. that's the way it should be, in my opinion, because games are just better these days (that coming from a guy who plays his NES regularly still). I'd change a few things: Portal isn't #1, I don't agree with some of the franchise representatives they've chosen (Mass Effect 2 being the only one I can think of right now), and I'd add Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma to this list. Incredible game. I'll be playing that game forever. Again, great list, though. Best one I've found on the net.
  • truerock - March 13, 2013 9:20 p.m.

1972 Pong 1979 Flight Simulator I 1980 Pac-Man 1980 Zork 1984 Kings Quest: Quest of the Crown 1985 Super Mario Bros. 1986 The Legend of Zelda 1987 Final Fantasy 1988 John Madden Football 1989 SimCity 1990 Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon 1991 Sid Meier's Civilization 1992 Wolfenstein 3D 1993 7th Guest 1993 Myst 1993 Doom (The Ultimate Doom) 1994 Warcraft: Orcs and Humans 1994 The Elder Scrolls: Arena 1995 Phantasmagoria 1996 Duke Nukem 3D 1996 Command & Conquer Red Alert 1996 Diablo 1996 Phantasmagoria 2 1997 Grand Theft Auto 1998 StarCraft 1998 Sanitarium 1998 Half Life 1999 EverQuest 1999 Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings 2000 The Sims 2000 Diablo 2 2003 Call of Duty 2004 Half Life 2 2004 World of Warcraft 2007 Bioshock 2008 Mass Effect