• mubashir-ahmed - March 9, 2014 5:57 a.m.

GTA5 Sleeping dogs Forza Horizon COD:Ghosts Battlefield4 only on xbox360:)
  • talleyXIV - March 9, 2014 11:58 a.m.

Is that supposed to be your top 5 list?
  • Skeletornado - March 8, 2014 8:48 p.m.

A good list, mostly. Just wanted to say a few things. First, you've broken your own rule of only listing one game in each 2D or 3D series by having both Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island on here. I mean, it's titled Super Mario World 2, for one thing, and I'm pretty sure that Miyamoto himself considers it cannon. I'm not saying that either Super Mario World or Yoshi's Island don't deserve to be on a list of the best 100 games of all time--because they both do. I'm just being a jerk and calling you out to make the impossible choice between the two. Also, I think there is a bit of overlap between some titles. For example, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us and Uncharted 2--all fantastic games, yes--but Uncharted and Tomb Raider are so similar (and TLoU tops them both) that I think--and I know this would be a very hard call--but to make the leanest list possible, you'd have to choose which is better--Uncharted 2 or Tomb Raider. (Personally, I'd give it to Tomb Raider, even though I am a huge Uncharted fan, and give TLoU/Nauhty Dog the respect the deserve with a spot in the top 10.) I'd also choose the original Mass Effect over Mass Effect 2, as it had a more cohesive story and deeper customization, from what I recall. Final Fantasy X beating VII is criminal; the music, characters, setting, and story of 7 were--and remain--the pinnacle of the 3D FF series. Cloud is the single most recognizable character in the entire series for a reason.
  • sephex - March 9, 2014 5:19 a.m.

Wow I agree with every words you said. Well, except that I think Uncharted 2 is better but Tomb Raider is a fine game too.
  • Relayer71 - March 9, 2014 9:58 a.m.

I wanted to like Mass Effect. Cool story, lovely graphics and nice soundtrack, but gameplay wise it was a bit dull. Not just that but it seemed clunky. I only played ME2 because it was a gift but I was so glad I did because it's become one of my favorite games. Everything wrong with ME was fixed - it was more polished, easier to control/maneuver, the pacing was much better, the combat became a highlight as opposed to in the first game where it felt a little disjointed from the quality of the rest of the game. You're right, ME had more customization options and felt a little deeper, but it could get boring and frustrating to play. ME2 was slightly dumbed down but it was just a hell of a lot more fun to play.
  • cgriff63 - March 9, 2014 11:19 a.m.

The gameplay was dull, and the interface was awful, and the inventory was cluttered. Mass Effect 2 sort of over-corrected by making things too simple, and taking away a lot of the customization, but it was still vastly superior. Honestly, I loved the characters in Mass Effect 2 A LOT more, but Mass Effect 3 really got the combat and the customization down just right. I know it's taboo to say ANYTHING good about Mass Effect 3 for some reason, but gameplay wise, it was perfect.
  • seantommy - April 16, 2014 5:51 p.m.

While I agree with you that Uncharted 2 and Tomb Raider are very similar, I don't think Last of Us belongs with them. Similar in tone, very different in gameplay and story. I'm also of the opinion that Tomb Raider wasn't as good as so many people think, but I'm in the (rather large) minority on that one. As for Mass Effect, I agree that the first game's story was better put together than the second's (by far, actually), it's worth noting that the second game streamlined the gameplay very well. It went from mediocre action with an amazing story to fun, fast-paced action with a good (but not great) story. It's a matter of opinion from there. Honestly, I consider Mass Effect 3 the best in the series, but I'm in the painfully small minority there, so... (if you don't know abou indoctrination theory and have completed the trilogy, I recommend you look up CleverNoobs's 2-part explanation of it on Youtube. It's hours of video, but well worth it if you love the series).
  • brickman409 - March 8, 2014 7:20 p.m.

Why do these lists exist? they just create hatred and war in the comments section
  • souflee - March 8, 2014 6:58 p.m.

I really can't respect or understand putting Super Mario Galaxy 2 out of the top 5, let alone out of the top 10, and not including Kid Icarus Uprising is just pathetic,
  • jeremycarrier - March 8, 2014 3:20 p.m.

LMAO @ Tomb Raider in the top 100, let alone the fuckin' top 20.
  • usmovers_02 - March 10, 2014 8:19 a.m.

Agreed completely. It's a fine game but not even CLOSE to legendary... which is what you have to be to crack a top 100 all time list.
  • bambam609 - March 8, 2014 3:08 p.m.

The list was just about spot on. I have not had the chance to play a lot of those games but the ones I have played have a spot and I am content with that although some games should have had a higher rating. But I feel they missed some great games for example Final Fantasy 7 (unless I missed it), Tomba, and of course one of my all time favorites The Legend of Dragoon. Other than that great job.
  • rcarrasco121 - March 8, 2014 2:36 p.m.

I actually really like this entire list. It shows what gamesradar is really all about. So what if some of these games had just recently come out? Does that mean they can't be considered great? And why do people take these things so seriously anyway? How can you say #35 should really be #34? At that point does it matter? If anything take this list of great games as a guideline for what you should play next.
  • wladodragovic - March 8, 2014 11:28 a.m.

Reading some of these comments makes me reminisce to the days when I first found out about GamesRadar years ago... There were so little comments, and they were all witty, funny and pretty creative! I adored this site! ... And now... Now there's so many readers and so many comments, and they're all YouTube comment material. Fuck.
  • Divine Paladin - March 8, 2014 11:23 a.m.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Tetris DS is a better game than The Walking Dead OR GTA V, or most of the list for that matter. I love me some Tetris but to put it so highly seems like a cop-out. Then again, a game I beat in less than two hours is the best game of all time according to GR, so maybe I should just agree to disagree with much of the list. But the representing thing should only stand for "best series ever," not "best games ever." It'd be unfair to a bunch of games if we just assumed that WW represents the whole series - when to some multiple Zelda games HAVE to be on a legit top 100 list. Even as a casual fan of LttP, I find it surprising that it got skipped (unless I'm dumb and missed it when scrolling through the list).
  • horrorfinatic - March 8, 2014 2:43 p.m.

What does length have to do with the game's merits? Portal is an excellently written and well paced masterpiece with a unique and interesting gameplay mechanic. It's a blast but it never overstays its welcome. It's as close to perfect as any game I've ever played. So the fact that it's only 2 hours...shouldn't be a factor, not to me, anyway. I wouldn't complain about an excellent movie because "It's only an hour and a half long."
  • Relayer71 - March 8, 2014 3:24 p.m.

1.5 hours is about average for a film though. I bet you'd complain if a 15 min short film was listed in a greatest films of all time list, no matter how good it was.
  • Divine Paladin - March 8, 2014 4 p.m.

Last year, Portal 2 was ranked 20th or so on this list, stating that it improved upon the previous game in every way imaginable. Guess what was ranked first? A game that was improved upon in every way imaginable. I have no problem with a short game getting into the top 100 (To the Moon is absolutely phenomenal despite its length, as is Journey). I wouldn't have a problem with a short game getting number 1. But Portal had absolutely no impact on me. It just exists. The dialogue is decent, and funny at times, yes. There were maybe four puzzles that kept me stumped for over five minutes, yes. But that's it. I had no connection to the Companion Cube, no hatred of Glados, no "wow, this is amazing" moment, nothing. I should've probably elaborated in my first post that I'm not some dipshit that values length in games (as an example, Skyward Sword would have been the best 3D Zelda if it were ten hours shorter - mostly because the filler crap would've been cut). That's not a factor. My point was that GR puts Portal, a short and in my opinion very unremarkable game, on this pedestal as if those two hours changed gaming forever. All they did was build a set of memes and an even bigger overrating of Valve as a developer. Anyway, I digress. My point is that I completely disagree with GR's choices at times, and that's perfectly fine by me.
  • TheBountyHunted - March 8, 2014 9:52 a.m.

I have to say, I cannot stand the whole "representing" thing. I think it is completely unfair to the other games it represents. Like how FFX represents all other 3D FF games. All of the FF games are so vastly different and are their own game. To clump an entire series into one slot is lazy and unfair to the other games. If this was a list of the greatest game SERIES, then it would be different, but "The 100 Best Games of All Time" implies games singularly, not as a series. I think they should let individual games stand alone, not clump them all together into one number.