• Nsrune3 - July 10, 2012 6:25 a.m.

AND WHAT ABOUT UNREAL 1and2 unreal 2 takes a mini gun and blows away every game in the top ten. I want to literally coke someone right now I'm so freaking pissed off
  • ryan-sun - July 11, 2012 6:36 p.m.

where the heck is the original starcraft? starcraft 2 and mw4 or 3 don't deserve any of that. the first portal is not better than the best selling awesomeness of starcraft.
  • Divine Paladin - July 25, 2012 11:42 a.m.

Remember, people, that this list is completely invalid. They make the case that Portal 2 is better than Portal 1 in every way, but then Portal 1 is still the greatest game of all time. I find it funny that Portal 1 was so good even though I beat it in less than two hours my first time through. Puzzle games are NOT the best games ever because the puzzles don't change. It's one and done.
  • sameroni - July 25, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Graaaaa WTF!?!? how can u not include FF7 in a top 100 list??? Its the best ff game by far! U say 6 deserves such a high rank, but 7 isn't even mentioned???? The story and characters of ff7 are truly unforgettable, and all it got was a reference!? RAGEEEEE!!!!
  • jack-breen - August 5, 2012 10 a.m.

Heavy rain and LA Noire should DEFINATELY have been on this list, and I'm disappointed at the lack of any sports games, most notably FIFA12. Portal should never have been number one, neither should portal 2 have been top 100, it was a massive let down. Tetris is a great inclusion though
  • alexander-brizgalov - August 8, 2012 3:03 p.m.

No Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment or Fallout? I call BS on this
  • laurent-zalinski - August 8, 2012 4:05 p.m.

Exactly what I tought, can't believe the shit tons of mario games, COD MW, and such and no fallout nor planescape or baldur. This is just wrong.
  • ImmaChicken - August 9, 2012 2:06 a.m.

This will anger a lot of people but, I don't think and cod games should be there apart from cod 4, and i think that there wasn't enough retro sonic games. Portal is a great game but i disagree with it being number #1. There should be fallout 3 as well.
  • sebastian-seb-atkinstall - August 9, 2012 10:32 a.m.

Where's Poke'mon Ruby? Poke'mon Ruby is easily one of the best games I've ever play and, personally, my favourite game of all time. I think it deserves AT LEAST a spot in the top 10.
  • tyler-parke - August 12, 2012 11:53 p.m.

WHERE IS GOLDENEYE007 FOR THE N64 IT IS AMAZING it was one of those games where is just hit the bulls-eye on the first shot, you made a mistake not putting it on this list
  • IntenseGamer 1992 - August 13, 2012 6:12 a.m.

Fable 2 and Elder Scrolls oblivion and Skyrim need to be on this list!!! Skyrim is the best game ever!!!
  • DASHONFIRE - August 22, 2012 1:34 p.m.

Did you even read the list? I don't think you did otherwise you would have known that Skyrim is on the list and way way too high up.
  • Exhaltia - September 15, 2012 8:29 p.m.

No Fable game ever deserves to be on a top list. It's not the best, it's not the worst, it's mediocre. At best it's not even worth honorable mention. Only thing it did win at is being the biggest disappointment of all time, it was nothing like it was meant to be. I followed the game for 6 years before it's release. It failed horribly, and the predecessors were just add-ons to failure. It even failed at being evil, as apparently breaking windows and apologizing was what Satan did to get his spot in the underworld.
  • talleyXIV - August 15, 2012 1:16 p.m.

This list is incredibly bad, and I know you will pull the whole bull shit excuse, "EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINION." Yes everyone does, and in this case your opinion is ridiculous. Geometry Wars 2 is a better game than Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Metal Gear Solid, Fallout 2.... And I am no Nintendo fanboy but if this list were serious, the top 30 would be riddled with Zelda and Mario games. Almost everyone of those series games could be in the top 20.
  • haipayazoo - August 30, 2012 8:13 p.m.

I like how you say to not use the "Everyone has their opinion" only to agree and then say that their opinion is stupid in your own opinion. What kind of screwed up logic is that? And dude, Geometry Wars 2 can't lift a candle to Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, Fallout 2, and METAL FUCKING GEAR! How the hell can you say a generic seizure-inducing game to the greatest cinematic game of all time? Also, any list that is filled with non-stop Zelda games and mario games is a shitty list.
  • sinmagic - September 3, 2012 10:36 p.m.

Geometry Wars is better than MGS? Are you retarded? There are few games better than MGS, both in gameplay and story. The only game I can really think of is Half Life.
  • sinmagic - September 3, 2012 10:39 p.m.

Also, forgot Deus Ex.
  • DASHONFIRE - August 22, 2012 1:31 p.m.

Wow Gears OF War 2 really? And that high up? I thought it sucked compared to number one. Silent Hill 2 should be much higher up. Pokémon Black/White sucked compared to Pokémon Gold/Silver. COD4 is a great great game but above Batman: Arkham City, Portal 2 and MGS3? No. Unchared 2 should have been in the top 10. And no Dark Souls or Demon's Souls seriously? They are two of the best and most important games of this generation. Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time.
  • glutamatedealer - August 23, 2012 4:06 p.m.

You say timeless, essential, and you forgot those games every gamer should have played!: Neo Geo: Metal Slug, The Last Blade, King Of Fighters, Samurai Shodown ...and PC Engine!!!: Bomberman, Gunhed, Super Star Soldier, Final Match Tennis, PC Genjin/Bonk, to name a few...
  • cgriff63 - August 24, 2012 7:05 a.m.

Unlike most of the commenters, I have no problems with this list. Many of these games are among my all time favorites. But, and I know this game has been out FOREVER, but I haven't finished Final Fantasy X yet, and I just had the ending to final fantasy X spoiled for me. Soo not cool Gamesradar.