• lewis-barclay - April 21, 2012 10:32 a.m.

Guys CHILL OUT. It's their opinion not FACT. God you guys always freak out if they don't put YOUR favorite game on a list. Calm down. Thats why half the time they ask WHAT ARE YOUR FAVS.
  • r200reviews - April 21, 2012 9:58 a.m.

Hey, you kept THPS3!
  • Chewie07 - April 21, 2012 9:25 a.m.

What I want to know is why any GTA games are on this list. This is the top 100 Best Games, not the greatest technical achievements in gaming or the top 100 most boring games list. Put Saints Row 2 or 3 up there, I'd agree with that. Hell, put Vice City up there. But leave San Andreas & GTA4 off the list. SA does not hold up today - it looks like shit and controls accordingly. 4 fixed those flaws, but was just boring to play through. The characters were boring, the plot was unimaginative, hell - the game even managed to make driving around and shooting random pedestrians boring - something that was a blast in Vice City & GTA3, and if I may, something that Saints Row managed to get right.
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 9:39 a.m.

"Hell, put Vice City up there. But leave San Andreas & GTA4 off the list. SA does not hold up today - it looks like shit and controls accordingly. " ...But this does not apply to Vice City? ._. It looks and controls as shit as San Andreas does. I WILL agree that I do consider Saints Row 3 to do a better job in terms of looking and playing far better than those two however, as well as just being deliciously over the top, mindless fun. As for GTA IV, that's honestly your opinion. I don't necessarily think it deserves to be as HIGH as it is. But I liked the story, and I found plenty of their characters to be pretty enjoyable and unforgettable. Mainly Brucie and Jacob. And seeing as I just finished saints 3. I can say while enjoyable, none of the characters there left me a lasting impression. (Except perhaps zimos, but that's more because of how cool his voice is rather than for the merits of his actual personality and character.)
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 2:03 p.m.

Play the first two Saints Row games if you want to meet characters that leave a lasting impression. Three is probably better than the first one, but it is nowhere near as good as the second.
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Fair enough. I mean, I HAVE heard that SR2 is a far superior game, which is a good sign, because I've genuinely have enjoyed SR3 quite a lot. I just don't take it seriously at all XD
  • TURNAAAR - April 21, 2012 9:10 a.m.

Love the fact both Portal's are on this list, utterly love those games. Still wonder why Gun hasn't appeared on any of these 'best of' lists? Bloody love Gun, made me want to be a cowboy and then RDR took it further.
  • ParagonT - April 21, 2012 8:53 a.m.

It probably would have been better to select a top ten instead of trying to rank 100 games and then having a best of genre. Good job though guys. Is it me, or does Portal get a little too much credit? It may have been innovative at the time, but I'm sure there are plenty of games that can contribute much more and give a better sense of replay and entertainment. Such as Solitaire or Minesweeper. THOSE are the games that have withstood the test of time. But I'm being facetious to a degree, but the pedestal Portal craze is a bit disheartening.
  • MrJP - April 21, 2012 10:30 a.m.

I agree, splitting into genres would be much more manageable, and Portal is fantastic but overrated. The second one is deserving of a place on the list, but putting them both on is just repeating a game. I also think that if GR did a top 10 games in different genres by the same criteria as this list has that it would show up inconsistencies with this list.
  • Elard621 - April 21, 2012 8:46 a.m.

ANSWER OUR QUESTIONS GAMESRADAR!!!
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 9:08 a.m.

Your level self-entitlement is astounding. GR in no moment has stated that their list is absolute and everyone should agree with it. GR simply put a list on what THEY consider to be the best 100 games. THEIR opinion. You're free to agree or disagree as you see fit. But expecting them o listen to or reply what you say as if you were some kind of indisputable connoisseur of games or gaming authority is nothing short of idiotic.
  • Elard621 - April 21, 2012 9:38 a.m.

Of course you are right, that`s why they put this at the end of the list: "Or maybe you think you found a small flaw with our chart. If that's the case, why not share with us your opinions in the comments? We happily welcome the discussion (but please understand that we are always right)." WE HAPPILY WELCOME THE DISCUSSION. There, do you understand it better when it is written on capital letters? If they welcome the discussion they should be part of it. Oh, and I forgot, do you call idiot at your wife or your mother? No, you don`t. Start calling idiots to them and then come and say it to me. I just want to have my question answered, you don`t have to act like an asshole.
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 9:52 a.m.

Then you shouldn't have acted like an asshole yourself in the first place. Shouting in capital letters and demanding an answer. Which, by the way, yes, they welcome and encourage discussion, though this is probably meant to be a discussion in egenral between readers. And the editors (Mainly Cooper, form what I've noticed so far) DO take part of it. Only that first, they probably have limited time to do so, because they are either busy or simply feel like doing something else. And secondly, you can't expect them to address every single comment, nitpick and complaint that comes in, specially since there's been at least 100 of those in less than a day. Also, they simply might not consider your comment worthy of an answer, simple as that *shrugs*
  • Govt CHEESE - April 21, 2012 8:43 a.m.

Sorry GamesRadar, but it seems you are not always right. I see nothing from the Dead Space series on this list. Somehow these games are trumped by Day Of The Tentacle? Really? And FFX over FFVII? Srsly?
  • Chewie07 - April 21, 2012 9:26 a.m.

Yeah, FFVII sucked. FFX was much better.
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 2:04 p.m.

Yet both pale in comparison to Final Fantasy IV
  • BladedFalcon - April 21, 2012 4:05 p.m.

Which in turn pales in comparison to Final Fantasy VI :P thank you for setting me up beautifully!
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 4:51 p.m.

Eh, VI is my second favorite and honestly the only other Final Fantasy game that I enjoyed. I could see someone liking it more.
  • charnickmx - April 21, 2012 5:05 p.m.

I think that Final Fantasy VII is NOT overrated (overhyped yes, but not overrated) and frankly I think that it's a far better game and more memorable than the (overrated) X (winny protagonist, AWFUL voice acting, muddled excuse for a plot and story, idiotic mini games, overreliance on being "cinematic", etc.) wich should NOT have been included on this list. FF VII for all it's imperfections is still pretty competent and memorable, and I think it's the victim more of the fanbase than it being a bad game at all (it's the COD4 of the franchise, everyone knows that I and 2 are better, but COD4 is the one that launched the series to prominence). I've said it before and I'll say it again: yes, X was the las FF that everyone gave a damm about, but it also marks the beggining of the end for the franchise because it's were it all started to go wrong.
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 5:32 p.m.

I never said that Final Fantasy VII was overrated or how I felt about it for that matter. There is a reply button for the guy that you want to talk to, not just me.