• robotdickens - April 21, 2012 8:13 p.m.

Personally I don't think Portal was the best game ever, however, it is super awesome. The quirkiness, funniness, portal gun mechanics (of course) and unique art design all made it fantastic.
  • SlowOctopus - April 21, 2012 5:08 p.m.

I'm happy to see Mass Effect 2 in the Top Ten. I've become obsessed with it over the last year and I'm glad it's getting the respect it deserves.
  • TheCipher - April 21, 2012 7:38 p.m.

That is retarded. Mass Effect 2 is not even top 100 material. The first ME, definitely. ME2 is when EA bought the trilogy and made it a thoughtless sexy-action space for kids game. Nothing but plot holes and tits in space. Having it in the top 10 is a joke. You have no taste in games.
  • thing1amc - April 21, 2012 8:10 p.m.

Gee, Cipher, you're kind of an ass. Slow Octopus, I salute you.
  • christian-shaffer - April 22, 2012 11:57 a.m.

You are a douche. Someone states their opinion and you call them retarded because you disagree. Get over yourself. I also preferred ME2 over ME1, that doesn't make me retarded and it most definitely doesn't mean I don't have a taste in games. I would elaborate on other games I like, but why should I have to explain myself to some arrogant prick that naively thinks he's better than me.
  • TheCipher - April 22, 2012 12:35 p.m.

You guys probably played Mass Effect 2 after EA started advertising for it and played through half of ME1 later. I played ME1 when it first came out. It was an excellent RPG-shooter with a kick ass universe/story. I would place it below KOTOR but definitely top 100. ME2 was a disgrace, no more RPG, no more upgrading weapons, no more inventory, and the entire "plot" was not only full of holes, but also total filler and a slap to the face of ME1 fans. ME3 was the same thing with the garbage ending the icing on the cake proving once EA bought Mass Effect they had no idea where the story was going and just went for marketing/mindless sexy space action for 14 year olds. And you want to tell me ME2 should be in the top 10? You have no taste in games. Let me guess you want Black Ops and MW3 at number 1 and 2? No taste, this isnt just opinon I backed it up and you can't refute it.
  • ParagonT - April 23, 2012 4:36 p.m.

You sound like God already.... Trolls....
  • TheCipher - April 24, 2012 1:31 p.m.

I tried to enjoy Mass Effect 2, but I compare it to Mass Effect 1 so I cannot just be a brainless zombie and think it is great. No RPG element, no customization in weapons/upgrades, the entire game is just filler and full of plot holes. Unfortunately it was after Mass Effect's success that EA bought the trilogy and did nothing but advertise for a mindless sexy space action game so kids like YOU would take notice. I doubt any of you even played Mass Effect 1, but you get brainwashed by advertisements and see tits in ME2 and love it.
  • jdognasty - April 21, 2012 4:58 p.m.

I'm pretty suprised that Jak and Daxter & Crash Bandicoot didn't make this list
  • joerevs300 - April 21, 2012 4:58 p.m.

I'm not a FFVII fanboy but that is one of the very, very few games that has left a lasting impression on me and that I still play 14 years later. I'm also with others who talked about FFIV not being on this list. That's another game I've played over almost all iterations (and I will agree, it's high time that FFVI gets the same treatment). And I didn't go back through any of the lists...but it's a shame that more Atari generation (2600-7800) or NES games were represented. It seems this list is WAY overstacked with games that came out 2005-now vs. games that, within their respective system eras/windows, WERE the best possible game. They went through every system, they should have taken 2-4 from each of those lists and then filled it in IMHO.
  • Relayer71 - April 21, 2012 4:49 p.m.

Oh and how the hell is Blood Omen: Legacy Of Kain not on there? Blasphemy!
  • Relayer71 - April 21, 2012 4:43 p.m.

Some of my faves made the list so I can't complain...but I will :) No really, these should have made the list: Morrowind Baldur's Gate 2 Final Fantasy IV or IX replacing overrated X FF Tactics higher on the list Persona 4 (damn it, no Atlus games on this list!!!) Colony Wars (ridiculous shortage of space shooters on your list!) Dark Age Of Camelot (best PVP in any MMORPG!) Super Empire Strikes Back (underrated SW game, excellent side scroller) Phantasy Star IV (or I or II, these are excellent, innovative RPGs!) DQ VIII higher on the list or... DQ III Mario Golf on GBA rocked
  • two22bob - April 21, 2012 3:43 p.m.

List was great but star wars battlefront 2 should have made the list. Didn't you love killing 1000's of droids, clones and rebels with lighsabers? I did.
  • Brett35 - April 21, 2012 3:10 p.m.

sigh.... Like always no powerstone ... I'll still break out the dreamcast and play it haha
  • tehtimeisnow - April 21, 2012 1:41 p.m.

this list is horrable y isnt modern warefare 3 in hte top 5 and there shuoldnt b a single nitendo gane on this list cuz nitedno has never maked a good game and there ganes r stuped gimmecks for 3 year olds
  • two22bob - April 21, 2012 3:35 p.m.

you sir need a lesson in gaming (and spelling) (and grammar)
  • samsneeze - April 21, 2012 4:50 p.m.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
  • thing1amc - April 21, 2012 8:13 p.m.

Modern warfare three is not on the list because it's not particularly good.
  • TheCipher - April 22, 2012 12:36 p.m.

LOL. well played troll.
  • HellgateX - April 21, 2012 1:39 p.m.

I call BS on the whole list! No Heroes of Might and Magic 3