• g1rldraco7 - December 2, 2013 5:01 a.m.

Not sure if I should get Bioshock Infinite or not. I do plan on getting Saints Row 4 though even though it wasn't mentioned.
  • db1331 - December 3, 2013 5:13 a.m.

I'm a huge BioShock fan. The first game is one of my favorite games of all time. I really enjoyed the 2nd as well. Infinite was a massive letdown for me. It felt like it was designed for frat bros. I paid $16 for it, and I still feel ripped off.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 3, 2013 5:42 p.m.

Which version did you get Infinite for?
  • db1331 - December 4, 2013 5:03 a.m.

PC. The version doesn't matter. The combat was horrible, and Elizabeth's much-hyped AI was pretty bad. She was constantly walking in front of me, talking over things happening in the game, throwing me coins every 20 seconds...
  • Child Of Death - December 13, 2013 3:12 p.m.

Are you fucking kidding me? Dont listen to db. Yes the gameplay was not as good as the first two Bioshocks but it was by no means horrible. The Elizbeth AI is actually extremely helpful. She takes care of herself, she gives you ammo and health when you need it in combat and money outside of combat. It does not most definetly happen "every 20 seconds". And designed for frat bros? Please. The story is one of the best video games stories I have ever had the pleasure to play through and IMO is second only to Last of Us. I will admit there are some problems with the game that makes it fall behind the other Bioshocks. Vigors are not really that good and not as powerful as the plasmid versions. The enemy hardly used vigors at all. And the game looks like it supports a morality system in the first half but they dont affect the story at all. With those problems in mind I would probably pay $30 for the game.
  • shawksta - December 13, 2013 4:07 p.m.

Its understandable how you felt about the game. Though Infinite wasnt trying to be like the past games, maybe thats why.
  • winner2 - December 1, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Damn July was rough.
  • JarkayColt - December 1, 2013 3:17 a.m.

I love how, in the month both PS4 and Xbox One launch, Nintendo still comes up trumps (read: glad that people don't just see shiny graphics and forget about actual quality gameplay experiences.) Although to be fair you can never expect much from launch games (and conversely you can always expect some semblance of quality from Nintendo.) I ought to pick up ALBW sometime soon. Just one month of this list left! :o
  • Redeater - December 1, 2013 2 a.m.

I'm going to go ahead and ruin everyone's time by saying Link Between Worlds was the superior title. Mario World is pretty great but goddamn, Nintendo completely knocked it out of the park with that game. I'll defend most of what Destructoid does but they really fucked up on that review.
  • shawksta - December 1, 2013 10:40 a.m.

"Grumble Grumble, 6.5"
  • shawksta - November 30, 2013 6:25 p.m.

That entire paragraph for 3D World nails it. Especially that word Panache
  • shawksta - November 30, 2013 7:03 p.m.

Both of them I mean, the entire entry, especially the second paragraph. Also still haven't gotten Link Between Worlds and I cant wait to experience it, I'm planning on getting the Zelda 3DS Bundle and hopefully when I get my Xbone ill have spare for Wii U at the same time and I plan on getting the Wind Waker HD Bundle, I want dat designed Gamepad
  • Matchbox10 - November 2, 2013 9:05 a.m.

I'm sorry but GTA is way overrated, the last of us deserves best game of 2013 without a doubt, I'm sure GTA only won because more people have played it (being on both consoles and having way too much hype)
  • Divine Paladin - November 30, 2013 9:49 p.m.

Opinions are like assholes - everybody has one and it's normally full of shit. ...I just wanted to use that phrase. On topic: One can argue that any AAA franchise is overrated. Naughty Dog is undeniably one of the most overrated developers out there right now (to the extent that a steaming pile of crap like Jak II has gotten a lot of love recently). But overrated or not, they are quality - as is GTA. The question then becomes which is "better;" I feel GTA because it succeeds on two platforms instead of one and because while TLoU embodies this generation's footprint in gaming, GTA's features define the next. (And while I don't factor GTAO into the equation much as it's technically a separate game, I have to credit Rockstar for the single most effectiv cleanup I've ever seen. Even though the issue was with the lack of servers, they explained on their website, day one, how to get online despite issues. And within days it was running as expected, despite at that point 15+ million people playing simultaneously.) Of course, this brings me back to the comment about assholes. There are probably a few people still out there giving Infinite the nod for GotY. Though even Infinite was stellar in its own right. In the end, the winner is trivial; all three games deserve it in some respect.
  • Redeater - December 1, 2013 1:54 a.m.

" I'm sure GTA only won because more people have played it " Nice of you to take time off Reddit and post on GR. Let's hope you lost that shit attitude over the last few months.
  • herrer - December 13, 2013 1:34 p.m.

GTA was great but I found myself enjoying SR4 yeah the graphics are not great but it was fun plus had so many great moments
  • herrer - December 13, 2013 1:40 p.m.

I agree I thought the gameplay was ok but the story was really good and the characters really grow on you. The ending is what really surprised me and it leaves allot to talk about which is really rare in a videogame.
  • artcellrox - October 31, 2013 11:07 p.m.

No mention of X/Y at all? o_O
  • slimjim441 - November 1, 2013 12:22 a.m.

Yeah, I call foul play. Pokemon beats Ass Creed.
  • Sliet - November 1, 2013 3:31 a.m.

Can't take the bet back, pay up!
  • N7Spartan95 - November 1, 2013 7:02 a.m.

I don't know, I'm loving Black Flag so far. Seriously, what other game lets you be a pirate in a vast open-world rendition of the Caribbean?