• JCRules - December 25, 2013 12:16 p.m.

I can't believe this! Grand Theft Auto V should have been rated number one!
  • -Saatkvss- - December 25, 2013 11:17 a.m.

tomb raider is easily the best game i played this year. would be nice if square would come to their senses and release some sp dlc, and forget about lame-ass dlc for tomb raider mp (that no one bought the game for, or plays anymore(seriously, FUCK OFF, SQUARE!) ). bioshock infinite is my next in line. even though it let me down( exploration not as good as 1&2, swapping tonics for mostly useless "gear", too much emphasis on combat ), the buried at sea dlc was a nice addition. and i know that this very site gave it a poor review, but i really enjoyed metro last light.
  • alexandre-bret - December 25, 2013 10:56 a.m.

Gonna buy Last of Us tommorow see if its what everyone says.. Infinite was a letdown
  • Squander - December 19, 2013 6:59 a.m.

Wow, that video is wonderful - compared to other videogame-sites that simply roll out a list with clichéd standard-opinions based on their reviews, the GR-staff totally justifies their GotY-choice with sharp and emotional statements. Chapeau GR
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 22, 2013 10:14 a.m.

Thanks! Glad you liked it :D
  • CitizenWolfie - December 19, 2013 5:31 a.m.

I can't think of any other game that deserves GOTY more than The Last of Us. I found it a little tough to get into it at first (mostly thanks to the day one autosave bug which meant I had to replay the first 3 hours), but once I did I was totally hooked and still think about parts of it today. I wish I was about 10 years younger where I had the time to sink into a game like Fire Emblem. Each time I pick it up I completely dive into it but sadly I never have chance to play it for any significant length of time. I had the same with Skyrim a couple of years ago. Tomb Raider was great but its shortness and the fact I found 100% of the hidden items in my first playthrough would put it at about #10 for me. Otherwise my top three would be: 3 - Bioshock: Infinite 2 - GTAV 1 - The Last of Us Haven't played it yet but I also imagine Walking Dead Season 2 will probably shoot into the top five if it's half as good as the others.
  • v28mr - December 17, 2013 2:50 p.m.

As a Tomb Raider fan I think the newest game is totally wrong. Should not win anything. They ruin the whole point of the game to make it more like Uncharted (A bad version of Uncharted). Puzzles where optional, that was never on the other games and its really tiring to keep fighting all the time. Even on the Uncharted games the action is more balanced. What was really wrong with TR after The Last Revelation was the dull storyline. This time around they completely changed everything, not even the music was left (classic TR song is nowhere to be found). I was dissapointed, I was expecting some reminiscense of the older games. The Last of Us on the other hand is way better, should definetely win.
  • milan - December 17, 2013 9:38 a.m.

i think is the best games because it worked verry verry fast
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 16, 2013 7:55 a.m.

Awful choice considering the ending but at least it didn't go to Dildo launching game 4 or Lets kill some hookers 5.
  • lkchevrolet021 - December 16, 2013 10:39 p.m.

People either love the ending or hate it. Personally loved it, anything else would have been cliche.
  • filipe-alves - December 18, 2013 1:58 p.m.

It was an awful choice because it was not a Nintendo game right? Hipocrite....
  • bthesaulnier - December 26, 2013 8:33 p.m.

Hey, to be fair you can kill way more than hookers in GTA V.
  • larkan - December 15, 2013 9:46 a.m.

Tomb Raider was OK, but it was too linear, had zero replayability, and the multiplayer was a waste to consider it that good of a game. TLOU is my #1 overrated game of the year, with Bioshock Infinite as a close second. I'm sorry, but linear games trying to tell a great story only takes me so far, and the only reason to replay either game was for achievements/trophies. TLOU was pretty lackluster in the combat department once you've used everything once, and figure out what works best. Infinite was the same way. As far as the indie game goes....yeah....I don't know anyone who isn't a critic or reviewer that actually thought that was a good whatever it was, certainly not a game though.
  • Redeater - December 16, 2013 1:44 a.m.

Well we know who gets the 2013 award for worst attempt at trolling.
  • GenderBender_9000 - December 15, 2013 9:17 a.m.

The Last Of Us was pretty good. But it's no Halo Reach.
  • n00b - December 14, 2013 9:19 p.m.

DMC " but the gameplay here speaks for itself." You mean combat that only thinks its better than its and fools ppl who only play the game for a weekend? My gripe with this DMC is that the skill ceiling is so low, in past DmC games you could play the game for 100's of hours and still find new stuff and the moment to moment gameplay is still exhilarating. This new one the combo system is plain broken, once you've played the game through 3 times you've basically got everything it has to offer. The combat is so route and plain, unimaginative weapons, and then the game even shoots itself in the leg by limiting the amount of weapons you can use by only throwing enemies that can be hurt by 2 weapons. wow so much for free flow combat ninja theory. Ok i think im done for now
  • iamtheman2 - December 14, 2013 6:52 p.m.

plain and simple: #1 GTA 5 #2 Bioshock Infinite #3 The Last of Us that's it, there it is, LIVE WITH IT !!!!