• shawksta - July 1, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Of course The Last of Us, the game deserves it, despite its lack of engaging gameplay, it still holds up with everything else and the Multiplayer is already engaging in itself. Bioshock Infinite vs The Last of Us, this is gonna be interesting, of course everyone has their own best games, but since Media loves pandering, this is pretty much it.
  • obviouslyadouche - July 1, 2013 2:09 p.m.

I found the gameplay very engaging, much more so then infinite's.
  • shawksta - July 1, 2013 3:14 p.m.

To each their own, either way, they both have a big sense of a relationship.
  • rcarrasco121 - July 1, 2013 11:47 a.m.

Bioshock Infinite, Luigi's Mansion, Ni No Kuni, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us. Such a great year in video games, and we still have 6 months to go. It makes me wonder about the types of games we'll be getting at the end of the ps4/Xbone generation.
  • MrJP - June 2, 2013 4:52 a.m.

Nice to see Tomb Raider and Bioshock 2 getting some recognition in the comments section. I just finished Tomb Raider and Infinite before it, and completely agree that Tomb Raider was the better game. I never truly got to grips with the Vigors in Infinite like I did with the plasmids in Bioshock 2. By the end of Bioshock 2 I felt like a boss and relished the combat, but at the end of Infinite I didn't feel I'd massively moved on from the start of the game. Playing Tomb Raider felt a lot like the first time I played Resident Evil 4 through, it had me hooked. Even though most of what it does is borrowed ideas, it still feels fresh and was really engrossing. The island was creative genius. Infinite was excellent no doubt, but for me it felt like it was too episodic and the way it moved from one section to the next felt a bit off because of the separate floating islands. Maybe it was just that I was expecting more and less from the two games and expectations got the better of me.
  • Redeater - June 2, 2013 1:04 p.m.

Sadly, I think after all the hype dies down we will recognize B:I for what it was. A good game with a great story. I went through the game 3 times and loved it but gameplay wise I don't think it is even close to B:2. You hit it on the head about the growing power in 2. I think most people missed that you were supposed to become more powerful and godlike while getting Daddies thrown at you like popcorn............which was kind of the point of Adam in the first place.
  • Redeater - May 31, 2013 8:38 p.m.

Tomb Raider, Metro LL, Infinite and Fire Emblem. This has been a fucking incredible year. These games have easily become some of my favorites of this generation.
  • Redeater - May 31, 2013 8:41 p.m.

It is sad that while Metro has sold a fraction of what TR has, we are almost certainly going to see a sequel to Metro while TR is up in the air. Seriously people, go buy both new if you can. I'm sure TR is down to $30-$40 by now. It's the best Metroid game since Super Metroid.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 1, 2013 12:21 a.m.

Agreed! Both were super incredible :D
  • pokepark7 - May 31, 2013 3:45 p.m.

Good list, even though i would have chose other games i do see a resemblance :D
  • saya-MON - May 3, 2013 11:58 a.m.

Wow, Guacamelee! Good reason to find my Vita.
  • codystovall - May 2, 2013 5:39 a.m.

ni no kuni beat DmC?
  • awesomesauce - May 1, 2013 8:32 p.m.

Glad i played both games of the month this month
  • shawksta - May 1, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Guacamelee? NICE
  • winner2 - May 1, 2013 12:03 p.m.

TR was a good bit better than Infinite IMO. Way more memorable and fun to play.
  • PatHan-bHai - June 1, 2013 12:26 p.m.

Yep........BioShock's too overhyped
  • gus179 - April 21, 2013 8:26 a.m.

I hate that Injustice didn't make March. But its hard for a fighting game to compete against TR and Bioshock.
  • jtball16 - July 6, 2013 5:28 p.m.

Injustice was April dude.
  • Gr8BallsOFire - April 1, 2013 2:13 a.m.

GR, your new(ish) format sucks.
  • Bloodstorm - March 29, 2013 6:59 p.m.

"We're not sure Infinite trumps the original BioShock--only time will be able to tell if the complex, brilliant story has the lasting power of Rapture's tale of a crumbling dystopia" Really? Have you played Bioshock lately? It does not live up to nostalgia. It was great, but the 'main quest' was short (and relatively narrative free) and instead most of it was found through exploration and audio logs. So, in my opinion, it sure as heck trumps Bioshock. Trumps it in spades.