Topics

Dreamcast

• maxsterling24 - September 9, 2013 10:35 a.m.

This blasphemy...no Burning Rangers? I played that almost as much as PSO...even though I had a PS1
  • smmac41 - September 10, 2014 1:40 a.m.

Burning Rangers came out for SEGA Saturn
  • avedon-arcade - September 9, 2013 10:14 a.m.

Solid list. I can agree with this, even if there are a few others I really liked, this was pretty much the standard set of games every DC owner should have by now.
  • JBizFoShiz - April 22, 2012 10:02 a.m.

I love this list. Personally, I would have moved Jet Set Radio a BIT higher up the list (I actually thought it would be number 1, because to me, that is the *quintessential* Dreamcast game. It's almost like the Dreamcast itself, really.) But no mention of MDK2 or MSR? Or Floigan Brothers? Or Cannon Spike? The beat-em-up that featured so many random Capcom characters? Or Capcom Vs SNK, which featured crossover play with the Neo-Geo Pocket Color version?! Gotta admit, Demolition Racer: No Exit was a guilty pleasure. It was a "meh" game, but you could totally t-bone your opponents and make their cars EXPLODE by jumping down on them from ramps. Also, Tony Hawk 2, Super Magnetic Neo, Sword of the Berserk, Wacky Races, and Virtual-On. DAMMIT, why couldn't the Dreamcast have had even HALF of the PS2's lifespan??
  • aequitas13 - April 21, 2012 1:40 p.m.

For how short lived this system was there sure were a lot of great games! May have to go dust this puppy off sometime soon.
  • Rowdie - April 21, 2012 11:17 a.m.

Toy Commander, Sega Bass Fishing, revolt, MSR any could replace Shenmue and Code Veronica both of which were absolutely awful games and should be no where near this list.
  • Balaska - April 20, 2012 4:05 a.m.

My Dreamcast sits next to the PC I am typing this on, hooked up to a 19 inch LCD TV. About 80% of these games sit next to it. See you next week, I have some nostalgia to indulge in :D
  • Swagsalot - April 19, 2012 8:16 p.m.

I loved Skies of Arcadia so so much. I can't believe they haven't made a sequel, like how much better of an idea is a sky-pirate RPG?!
  • jpbr139 - April 19, 2012 6:42 p.m.

I did not see that coming, Skies of Arcadia really deserves that spot on the list, it is my favorite game of all times.
  • thochaos - April 19, 2012 4:41 p.m.

No Shenmue II or Resident Evil 2? Disappointing.
  • Relayer71 - March 6, 2014 5:03 p.m.

A port of RE 2? You kid, right?
  • MtnMax99 - April 19, 2012 4:09 p.m.

Very disappointed that Toy Commander did not make this list
  • alexandre-bret - April 19, 2012 3:35 p.m.

Shenmue was so boring. Ryu had the personality of a rock
  • Cyberninja - April 19, 2012 3:13 p.m.

Dead of Alive deserved a spot but otherwise spectaular list.
  • joey61401 - April 19, 2012 2:52 p.m.

spawn I love that game
  • samsneeze - April 19, 2012 2:45 p.m.

At least you guys didn't really forget about the Dreamcast... I pretty sure the Dreamcast is my favorite system, second only to the Super Nintendo. It's clear that SEGA had a thing for turning out arcade games and fighters for the system. This probably the only list where I've played everything you've put up. There are a lot of great games for the system and I can't really disagree with any of the choices on the list, though I think Dead or Alive 2 should have been put on there somewhere in the top ten. Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia are tied for my favorite game on the console. Well, those and D2. Other games that are AWESOME are: Shadow Man D2 Project Justice: Rival Schools Shenmue II Sonic Adventure Despite it probably not being as good as 2, I still prefer it. Sword of the Berserk - Guts' Rage I'm starting to think I'm the only person to have ever played this.
  • J-Fid - April 19, 2012 2:29 p.m.

100% knew Soul Calibur would be #1.
  • Frogfucious - April 19, 2012 2:18 p.m.

No Ecco the Dolphin on this list? Quite sad. That game rocked it.
  • Fizban - April 19, 2012 2:21 p.m.

wasn't Ecco originally on the Master System?
  • Fizban - April 19, 2012 2:23 p.m.

Sorry - Mega Drive/Genesis - never on the Dreamcast