• TheMagnificentManCooker - July 6, 2012 4:16 p.m.

What How on Earth didn't Skullgirls get in? It's the best fighting game out there now personally
  • archnite - July 6, 2012 8:01 p.m.

That and SFxT were the only games I can think of that weren't mentioned. I guess GR didn't think they made the cut.
  • atecle - July 6, 2012 4:08 p.m.

Divekick
  • BaneTigerSeeker - July 6, 2012 3:17 p.m.

I would have put KoF 13 in the top 5. Also, I would have replaced Smash Bros. or Tekken 5 with Skullgirls.
  • shawksta - July 6, 2012 3 p.m.

BlazeBlue and Street FIghter 4 are debatable, but i gotta go with Street FIghter 4 in general for bring back the Fighting game Genre and still being one of the best. Otherwise Spots really dont matter when your having fun and enjoying your fighting games. For me, I love Marvel a shit ton more, yes, Wesker and top tiers are annoying but learning through them with your favs make it all the better fun, same goes with Brawl, i havnt played Melee for so damn long that i dont care about it or the people who constanty bad mouth Brawl. Skull Girls, that game is very interesting and can get you hooked, nice to see you guys atleast add it to the reader choice
  • BladedFalcon - July 6, 2012 4:06 p.m.

I would debate that while SFIV might have revitalized the 2D fighting Genre, the one title that it probably would have come out regardless of SFIV's popularity would have been BlazBlue. Mainly because the GG franchise had thrived more the most part of the last generation even when all the other 2D franchises lay dead. Most other games might owe their return to SFIV, but something tells me that even without it, BlazBlue would have occurred regardless.
  • shawksta - July 6, 2012 4:44 p.m.

That is true and BlazBlue deserves all the praise for achieving that. For whatever reason, it just seemed the Fighting Community were very excited when Street Fighter 4 came, especially with 3D models. Im speaking in general for hype, otherwise Blazblue's a Kickass Machine.
  • EnigmaSpirit - July 6, 2012 2:40 p.m.

I also think Blazblue should be 1, but this is overall a great list. Blazblue has everything I look for: wildly different characters (which makes it difficult to be great with more than one character without huge amounts of practice), an amazing soundtrack, an actual story (which could admittedly make more sense, but it's more than others), a complex fighting system (which makes it intimidating for newcomers, but is very rewarding to master), tons of flare and style... I do have to say that I was never a fan of the tekken games though, and I do think that Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom could be thrown in somewhere, but this is a very solid list.
  • BladedFalcon - July 6, 2012 2:06 p.m.

Nice list, though I'd personally swap King of Fighters XIII with Skullgirls >> I also personally like Blaz Blue better than SFIV, but oh well, still glad to see it in second place.
  • Ravenbom - July 6, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Yeah! Where's the love for Skullgirls? It's better balanced and more thought out than half the games on this list. Yes, Skullgirls is a smaller game but it's even got a tutorial mode that translates to the other games on this list and would make you a better fighter on the other games on this list. Also, I think Tatsunoku Vs Capcom belongs on this list instead of a few of these other fighting games. Third Strike is a classic but I thought this was a "current gen" list. Yes you can play it online, but it's not current gen. It's like a two generations ago game you can now play online.
  • onetimebuster - July 6, 2012 1:54 p.m.

I would say number 1 should be mortal kombat and number 2 virtua fighter 5 final showdown.
  • raphael-SPINKY - July 6, 2012 10:40 p.m.

Hell to the yeah.
  • Cyberninja - July 6, 2012 1:47 p.m.

I like this list except personally I would make Blazblue number 1 since I am a huge fan and also surprised skullgirls didn't get a mention