• Thequestion 121 - February 10, 2009 10:18 p.m.

It's cool how the art started out awful and getting better as time went on. SF IV art looks so cool.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - February 10, 2009 10:18 p.m.

Oh, Chun-Li, why are you always stuffing footballs under your dress?
  • Red - February 11, 2009 2:11 a.m.

I remember seeing the Street Fighter 2 box art on the wall at my local video rental store when I was a kid and being completely terrified of the face "the big ugly green guy" was making.
  • iKOemos - February 11, 2009 3:29 a.m.

Bring on Street Fighter IV!!!
  • Rasy2kG - February 11, 2009 3:52 a.m.

the SF Pinball ad is wrong and terrible to look at in so many ways
  • garnsr - February 11, 2009 5:17 a.m.

USE the FLIPPAH!
  • Shifty1001 - February 11, 2009 7:38 a.m.

Aww I feel bad for Brett now. It's okay Brett, I didn't think Tyler wrote the article. You're way cooler anyway. Regarding the article: Good god DAMN SF box-art used to be godawful. Though there's still something about the SF4 art that bothers me... Maybe it's just that Ryu looks more like a toddler who's just been put in the corner than a large man who's decided "Fuck The Bullshit, It's Time To Throw Down".
  • mattface - February 11, 2009 10:10 a.m.

The European box art for champonship edition is the best, in my opinon. http://www.vtxgames.com/Lists/Sega_Megadrive_-_Genesis_PICTURES/Street-Fighter-II-Championship-Edition.jpg It just looks so awesome.
  • SOLIDSNAKE1983 - February 11, 2009 1:06 p.m.

Don't mind any of the snes boxes (apart from the boring brick wall), best cover is definitely the GBA one though, alpha covers are cool too. Double impact is the worst-no effort whatsoever!!!
  • Sash - February 11, 2009 1:33 p.m.

Does anyone else think Street Fighter EX Plus @lpha cover looks a lot like a Jin Kazama pose. I am sure he has been drawn in a pose like this. I dont have any pictures though =[
  • ronliu75 - February 11, 2009 10:22 p.m.

love the game
  • spolasi - February 11, 2009 10:49 p.m.

show up
  • SkinnyJr - February 12, 2009 2:10 a.m.

whoa idk what the hell I was saying up there ^ EDIT!!!! ****The kool aid impression was a priceless form of heartfelt laughter. Very nice work once again****
  • nash1991 - February 12, 2009 4:26 a.m.

I remember playing Street Fighter 2 at the arcade when I was a kid about 7-8 years ago.. I miss those days.. I haven't played any other Street Fighters since then. I feel ashamed. But I am definitely gonna buy SF4.. just to relive that experience once again ;-)
  • mEgAzD - February 13, 2009 10:45 p.m.

and a baby sound effect for Mr Elston's comment
  • morningcrapper - February 17, 2009 11:53 p.m.

I hope whoever wrote this is doing it as a joke. Most criticisms in the article are extremely petty and hold no substance or weight when you put into consideration the era these prints came out in. It was not just printing tech, but international marketing awareness