We Recommend

• MetroidPrimeRib - October 13, 2011 12:55 p.m.

PIRATED LIKE THE FIST OF THE NORTH STAR YOU ARE ALREADY TORRENTED
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - October 13, 2011 12:59 p.m.

Thanks for being a cheap dickwad.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - October 13, 2011 2:08 p.m.

Thanks for buying games where they take out the content then make you buy it later if you want to play the rest of the game so I have to pirate games if I want to play anything good
  • lilspooky - October 13, 2011 2:21 p.m.

I hope it has some creative DRM like the 1st one. If you like the game, support the developer. PS. You are indeed a cheap dickwad.
  • rabidpotatochip - October 13, 2011 2:43 p.m.

Sorry bud, but you're making a strong case against yourself. If you don't want these things to keep happening to may actually have to learn self-restraint and to live without the game. You're not making any kind of statement by pirating other than the fact that you are indeed cheap.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - October 13, 2011 6:06 p.m.

Or I could get the game and all the DLC for free I'm not really seeing your point here You moralfags will blindly defend anything
  • babyhenchy1 - October 13, 2011 8:21 p.m.

Or you think that two wrongs make a right and you're being just as big of a douche as they are. You're just lowering yourself to their level.
  • SerpentineZERO - October 13, 2011 8:14 p.m.

Actually, you buy new, you get all the content. You buy used, you can pay for some content. Not that hard. I could explain that you're totally cheating the devs out of their work, but for some reason, i don't think there's any swaying you.
  • db1331 - October 13, 2011 1:22 p.m.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
  • AngryScotsman - October 13, 2011 12:24 p.m.

I understand locking multiplayer content behind an online pass: I totally do. But I think that locking single-player content, which has been advertised for months in such a way as to make you think that it was an integral part of the game's storyline, is going a bit too far. I could even understand locking away Robin or Nightwing behind an online pass (and yes I know that they're preorder bonuses but just pretend they're on the disc for this example), as they are only used in challenge maps much like the Joker in Arkham Asylum, but Catwoman actually features in the story and I definitely heard Sefton Hill say at E3 that the Catwoman content was 10% of the game. No matter what, I have Arkham City preordered so I have no need to worry but it's still a cheap move.
  • soxknight1127 - October 13, 2011 12:32 p.m.

Now that you mention it, it is odd they chose stuff the advertised that strongly and only drop that its restricted till now. Still though, as a concept I think its fair and sound. Better than the DRM and always online BS that PC gamers have to deal with.
  • soxknight1127 - October 13, 2011 12:15 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 did the same thing and I didnt mind it then either. They dont make any money on used game sales (as far as I know) so this kind of incentive makes sense. Besides if you buy the game used and hate it then you dont have to spend the extra cash on the content if you dont want to.
  • db1331 - October 13, 2011 12:12 p.m.

It's genius, really. Take a heavy-chested female in tight black leather and dangle it in front of your largely-male customer base as an incentive to pay full price. In practice, it's a sleazy move, but I can see why they did it. It doesn't bother me though. I'll just pick up a digital copy in a Steam Sale sometime next year.
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 12:51 p.m.

I could go on an entire rant on how I'm disappointed with the over-sexualization of Cat Woman and Harley Quinn in these games, but I don't think I'll have enough space here for that
  • db1331 - October 13, 2011 1:27 p.m.

You know how I know you're gay? JK. I agree with you 100% I'm a guy who appreciates a beautiful woman. I spend a portion of my weekdays looking at pictures of them online, like on the Chive, and such. However, I hate it that 99% of female characters in games have boobs the size of their heads (or bigger), and have them hanging halfway out. If there's one thing that would make me embarrassed to tell someone I'm a gamer, that would be it.
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 1:40 p.m.

Have I told you lately that I love you? Seriously as usual I agree, at least their personalities seem right, I mean Cat Woman is flirtatious as a technique to throw off her enemies, but she'd never kiss a thug, that's something Poison Ivy would do, and even then it's because she's literally poisonous lol
  • gingermidget - October 13, 2011 12:09 p.m.

What about if you want to rent it? I really want to play it when it comes out, but there's no way I can afford to buy it :(
  • Dman3981 - October 13, 2011 12:07 p.m.

I love the idea of online passes and stuff because its great marketing. It discourages you from buying games used but it doesn't eliminate the option.
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 12:15 p.m.

that actually makes sense
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 11:58 a.m.

SPOILERS!! Oh wait, this is about something else, sorry, I'm just used to typing that in these Batman articles :3 Seriously though I don't really understand this stuff, I don't really see how companies lose money from someone buying the game used, the company made their money the first time when the distributor bought the game from them, but I guess used copies means that the distributor won't have to order anymore new copies of a game after that if they'll be getting used copies in eventually it just all seems very greedy to me