• soxknight1127 - October 13, 2011 12:15 p.m.

Mass Effect 2 did the same thing and I didnt mind it then either. They dont make any money on used game sales (as far as I know) so this kind of incentive makes sense. Besides if you buy the game used and hate it then you dont have to spend the extra cash on the content if you dont want to.
  • db1331 - October 13, 2011 12:12 p.m.

It's genius, really. Take a heavy-chested female in tight black leather and dangle it in front of your largely-male customer base as an incentive to pay full price. In practice, it's a sleazy move, but I can see why they did it. It doesn't bother me though. I'll just pick up a digital copy in a Steam Sale sometime next year.
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 12:51 p.m.

I could go on an entire rant on how I'm disappointed with the over-sexualization of Cat Woman and Harley Quinn in these games, but I don't think I'll have enough space here for that
  • db1331 - October 13, 2011 1:27 p.m.

You know how I know you're gay? JK. I agree with you 100% I'm a guy who appreciates a beautiful woman. I spend a portion of my weekdays looking at pictures of them online, like on the Chive, and such. However, I hate it that 99% of female characters in games have boobs the size of their heads (or bigger), and have them hanging halfway out. If there's one thing that would make me embarrassed to tell someone I'm a gamer, that would be it.
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 1:40 p.m.

Have I told you lately that I love you? Seriously as usual I agree, at least their personalities seem right, I mean Cat Woman is flirtatious as a technique to throw off her enemies, but she'd never kiss a thug, that's something Poison Ivy would do, and even then it's because she's literally poisonous lol
  • gingermidget - October 13, 2011 12:09 p.m.

What about if you want to rent it? I really want to play it when it comes out, but there's no way I can afford to buy it :(
  • Dman3981 - October 13, 2011 12:07 p.m.

I love the idea of online passes and stuff because its great marketing. It discourages you from buying games used but it doesn't eliminate the option.
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 12:15 p.m.

that actually makes sense
  • flabslapper - October 13, 2011 11:58 a.m.

SPOILERS!! Oh wait, this is about something else, sorry, I'm just used to typing that in these Batman articles :3 Seriously though I don't really understand this stuff, I don't really see how companies lose money from someone buying the game used, the company made their money the first time when the distributor bought the game from them, but I guess used copies means that the distributor won't have to order anymore new copies of a game after that if they'll be getting used copies in eventually it just all seems very greedy to me