• winner2 - April 29, 2014 5:14 a.m.

KOTOR 1 and 2 are better than all the rest of Star Wars, sorry everyone. I don't give a shit about the main "canon", those are two of the greatest games ever made. Also, it's the universe of Star Wars that's great, not the movies. It's a whole different reality that's been wonderfully fleshed out, and now that they want to restrict everything more to their movies for that extra sales boost, Star Wars WILL be stifled to some degree.
  • dcbernman - April 29, 2014 6:19 a.m.

I'm on the same wavelength here.
  • Frieza - April 29, 2014 2:53 p.m.

"KOTOR 1 and 2 are better than all the rest of Star Wars, sorry everyone." The Empire Strikes Back is one of the greatest sci-fi movies in cinematic history. It outclasses the KOTOR games in a narrative aspect as well as significance to the franchise. The KOTOR games may have had good stories, but they really can't live up to The Empire Strikes Back. "I don't give a shit about the main 'canon', those are two of the greatest games ever made." I love the KOTOR games as much as the next guy, but saying their the greatest games ever made is quite a stretch. Especially with KOTOR II. That game wasn't very stupendous, even though it was fun in its own right.
  • winner2 - April 29, 2014 4:35 p.m.

"two OF the greatest gameS ever made." And the earlier part of your reply is debatable, but I'm not good at debating, and it would mostly boil down to opinion anyway.
  • Temperance11 - April 29, 2014 5:14 a.m.

What a great way to shit on decades of other people's franchise-saving work Lucas, you continue to prove yourself to be a horrendous douche.
  • Cyberninja - April 29, 2014 6:04 a.m.

First blame Disney, Second none of it was franchise saving work since, no matter what good or bad things people say about any of the movies they all did well in theaters and the franchise was in no danger. Third all the extra stuff will still be there but will just no longer be canon, for every jem in the rough you found in the EU there was garbage that was worse then anything nostigic fanboys feel the prequels did, but guess what it was all canon no matter how much it contradicts other "canon" material.
  • BladedFalcon - April 29, 2014 6:54 a.m.

Before flinging shit, why not make sure that Lucas is actually responsible for this to begin with?
  • Temperance11 - April 29, 2014 7:09 a.m.

Yeah that was purely reactionary, it slipped my mind that he's not involved anymore...my impulse is to go after Lucas when anything moronic happens with SWs. My bad.
  • rafael-silvestre - April 29, 2014 4:56 a.m.

Ok here's a thought, what about Star Wars: Republic Commando, is the game canon?
  • Swedish_Chef - April 29, 2014 4:15 a.m.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in anger and were suddenly silenced. I fear something really stupid has happened.