• Hippie72 - March 4, 2011 12:44 a.m.

Alright, so, here's how I see this.... WTF HAPPENED TO THE TECHNO MUSIC AND MADE UP PLANES!!! Will they even keep planes in the game like the Wyvern, or is everything COMPLETELY SCREWED UP!!! I love this new look, don't get me wrong, not to mention this is gameplay technology that has never before been used, but I mean.... IT'S LOST THAT ACE COMBAT FEEL IF THERES NO BAD ASS LOOKING FUTURISTIC PLANES AND BOSS ARTILIRY TO BATTLE!!!!! Namco better surprise me with this or I'll get mad.... and you wouldn't like me when I'm in a shit storm mood >:(.
  • AngryScotsman - August 11, 2010 7:26 p.m.

I absotively loved Ace Combat 6, although Assault Horizon being set on Earth and not Makebelieveistan, I doubt we'll see as many giant mechanical Stingrays in this game.
  • griever - August 11, 2010 6:11 p.m.

just the other day i was wondering how come the next gen consoles missed out games based on helicopters? like i used to play Apache on my PC... what about next gen Apache?? Good to see Ace Combat, although not completely an entirely helicopter game, will quench my thirst for next gen heli game... can't wait to get my hands on it.
  • MikeyWartooth - August 11, 2010 3:32 p.m.

Wow. I really hope they at some point go back to the world they made up for Ace Combat, because the storyline for that was amazing, like, truly brilliant. Half of the reason I played those damn games was for the story. Although, a real world setting could be a nice break? I dunno, just seems like they're trying to out-HAWX HAWX (although AC is the better series). I'm gonna miss stuff like Excalibur and Stonehenge though :( Infact, awesome reference would be dogfighting as the RAF over the actual Stonehenge monument B)
  • Cwf2008 - August 11, 2010 3:36 a.m.

Creaters of HAWX and Ace Combat need to get together and work on a game...NOW THAT WOULD BE BADASS!
  • Phantom Cipher - August 11, 2010 3:06 a.m.

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for a long damn time!!! I wish that Namco Bandai release AC6 on the PS3 earlier because they have really damage their fanbase when they made that Xbox 360 exc. We got fans here too you know.
  • Samael - August 10, 2010 11:49 p.m.

Huh. Haven't played Ace Combat in years. This may change that. There better be a POM credits song though...
  • bmrskate - August 10, 2010 11:39 p.m.

I actually skipped AC6, since I don't own an Xbox, but I did play Zero and Skies of Deception. Can't wait for Joint Assault, but this....THIS is what I have been waiting for! I wanted current-gen graphics and effects: Check. I wanted photo realistic cities and terrain: Check. I wanted glorious orchestral background music and dramatic action that only Project Aces can provide: Check. I wanted all of my favorite real world fighters from previous releases: Looks like a check too. I wanted a destructable environment (somewhat like an air sandbox): Seems like a check! All systems green! We have take-off clearance! If that wasn't enough of a bombshell....they have frickin HELIS in it too!? Oh HELI yes! I see that they have an Apache that's controllable, but I want a Comanche damn it! I want THE most technologically advanced war chopper in Ace Combat and I want to hop in it, NOW! I'm not sure what to make of the somewhat upgraded third person Ace Combat/HAWX sort of gameplay, but if they have a 3D cockpit view, then I will be perfectly satisfied! And what about joystick support for Ace Combat?? Hmm?? Pre-ordering it if everything goes according to plan!
  • OneEyedGoon - August 10, 2010 11:08 p.m.

I have never cared about Ace Combat before, but boner achieved.
  • Darkhawk - August 10, 2010 10:05 p.m.

Do a Barrel Roll!
  • CallSignSky - August 10, 2010 9:33 p.m.

Can't wait for this I loved the old ones just please no puddle of mud
  • JakeyBaby - August 10, 2010 9:30 p.m.

That's excellent news. Looks slick too. ( Triangle button prompt to swoop around behind the tailing fighter?) My status last week was asking what happened to Namco, where my ace combat on ps3 was, and where is the next ridge racer.... Well now one of those has been answered. Who knows, Ridge racer announcement at Tokyo?
  • ClusterShart - August 10, 2010 7:58 p.m.

So long ass it has the balls-out bad-assery of Ace Combat 4 and Zero, I will buy a new console for it.
  • michaelkaramas - August 10, 2010 7:48 p.m.

why does trailer only have ps3 marked?
  • Levy - August 10, 2010 6:58 p.m.

I am excite
  • GamesRadarBrettElston - August 10, 2010 6:56 p.m.

Mach 9 was also joke, so there's that.
  • allthegoodnameswheretaken - August 10, 2010 6:43 p.m.

Nice one Howetzer you've proved me wrong But on a manned plane the fastest ever if I remember correctly is the SR-71 which was Mach 3.2 at above 80000 feet But then again it would be fun to flay a rocket with wings with smaller rockets mounted onto those wings
  • Felixthecat - August 10, 2010 6:14 p.m.

Woooooooooooooooooooooow!
  • CaptCOMMANDO - August 10, 2010 5:59 p.m.

I am honestly excited. I played Ace Combat 6 and had alot of fun, But eventually it got stale. I will miss all the Si-fi elements if they do take them out for a more realistic game. ASSAULT HORIZON
  • Howetzer - August 10, 2010 5:59 p.m.

Ok, Allthegoodnamesweretaken Im gunna have to go ahead and call you out on this one. "Mach 9 doesn't exist on the Face of the earth" Now because the speed of sound can varry pretty wildly due to atmospheric pressure, altitude, temperature , etc its hard to really say what mach 1 is, but most would say that mach 1 at sea level is about 760 mph. However we all know most planes do not fly at sea level so when we adjust for most altitudes planes would usually be flying at, say 5500 ft to about 36,000 feet, the speed of sound becomes more like 660 mph. So mach 9 then would equal 660*9 or arond 5,940 mph, lets just say 6,000 mph for the sake of making a nice round number. Not only do ICBM's and several other types of missiles travel faster than that (some ICBM's travel over 15,000 mph), but also if mach 9 didn't exist no one would ever have been able to make it into orbit around the planet earth considering escape velocity is about 17,500 mph. I hope we all enjoyed today's lesson.