• Strangleme - May 28, 2010 1:39 p.m.

Sweet Article Brett. My personal favorites were the Black Kiler Instinct and red Doom cartridges. Ah memories.
  • AuthorityFigure - May 28, 2010 1:19 p.m.

I have the DK Land and KillerInstinct carts. They were memorable. RE: 60,000 surplus (The amount of sperms I made reading this article)
  • cyclone306 - May 28, 2010 12:45 p.m.

Shit, I just finished listening to last weeks podcast, and I thought I would go and comment on all of the articles you guys have done in the past few days, you know, to keep morale high. The one comment I've left in the past couple days was on this article and without realizing it I posted twice...terrible.
  • cyclone306 - May 28, 2010 12:39 p.m.

Fcking Awesome article.
  • Kage_No_Shi - May 28, 2010 12:27 p.m.

I had Maximum Carnage, on the SNES I think. Majora's Mask and DK64 on the N64. Of course the several obligatory pokemon games (Yellow, Silver, Crystal). I can't remember if Hey You Pickachu! had a special color (if it did, Yellow would be the obvious choice). Just FYI. While the PS2 didn't really have special colors, I can recall at least one 'special edition' cover art. The no-so-rare shiny silver version of Kingdom Hearts II.
  • 8bitBaby - May 28, 2010 12:23 p.m.

wow... i actually owned that DKjr cartridge. and my best friend lorded his having that gold LoZ cartridge over me. we still argue about how he wouldn't let me borrow it. ah, good times.
  • mastersworded - May 28, 2010 11:03 a.m.

I DID just spend 5 mins reading about plastic... Also, that we the most accurate description of looking at an original NES Zelda cartridge I've ever seen. Kudos.
  • JayLin22 - May 28, 2010 11:02 a.m.

Great article Brett, brought back loads of memories!
  • philipshaw - May 28, 2010 9:55 a.m.

Great article, only Brett could write it. I remember all the great PS2 games having different coloured cases. GTA: SA had a black case and MGS3 had a white case
  • Spybreak8 - May 28, 2010 6:25 a.m.

Oh baby I still have my golden Zelda: Ocarina of Time cartridge. I saved it for value later on but now I'm just saving it because it was a great game.
  • Ridgley - May 28, 2010 6:03 a.m.

My Ocarina cart was gray. This makes me jealous. I remembered Donkey Kong Land though because that was my first Game Boy game.
  • Wazzle - May 28, 2010 5:35 a.m.

Brett gushing about Zelda again? "grey cart, black cart, grey cart, GOLDEN PERFECTION!" I'd do it too though. Zelda was, is, and always will be the best.
  • shyfonzie - May 28, 2010 5:33 a.m.

You're right Elston, I did!!
  • Irishranger - May 28, 2010 3:56 a.m.

Maaan, looking at those simple NES carts makes me yearn for a simpler time in my life. I think I'm gettin' misty eyed.
  • TKTOWA - May 28, 2010 3:54 a.m.

Always forgetting my beloved Sega Saturn. They had a stripe pattern on most, plain white on some and piss-stain yellow for Myst. Sometimes the cover-art would expand outside the frame and get on the logo.
  • Tenfey - May 28, 2010 3:38 a.m.

What if all games had their own unique color?
  • marioman50 - May 28, 2010 3:28 a.m.

Plastic is revolutionary, it's changed my life.
  • CaptCOMMANDO - May 28, 2010 3:07 a.m.

I just spent five minutes reading about plastic. That made me laugh out loud. Oh Elston, adding your flare to your articles never ceases to amuse me!
  • StrayGator - May 28, 2010 2:56 a.m.

Famicom cartridges came in almost as many colors as Famiclone consoles did. I don't even think they had a "Standard" color.
  • Chewrocka - May 28, 2010 2:25 a.m.

I think the prefer to be called "African American" cartridges now... jk, great article!