• powerpc127 - March 27, 2010 6:36 a.m.

I just wanted to say that I'm a guy who loves to cook. I'm not great at it, but I sure do love it. Like fighting games. recaptcha: bluhdorn cynosure 'the fuck?
  • 510BrotherPanda - March 27, 2010 6:16 a.m.

Good article Lizzy. People who play these "guy games" need to man up and accept that a human beings women should have equal right to play what they want. I mean, there are women in the field of making/ marketing/ distributing games and other things, what's to say they are not allowed to play them? I also tired of all this BS "career" game crap for "girls". Why does the industry assume all young ladies aspire to be froofy air-headed one-dimensional cardboard-cutout socialites with idealized skills and bodies? It's getting/ gotten as bad as the fashion industry! Guy gamers also have to stop continuing the sexist put-downs, not just toward girls, but the homophobic words too. I'm straight, don't play shooters or ps3/360, don't have a girlfriend, and am current caught up in that Pokimans remake. DON'T YOU DOODS JUDGE, YEAH? ...oh, and I'm the one who started that whole "MIKEL'S MUSTACHE SAVES DROWNING PEOPLE" thing, but I'm just not registered to update the TDAR wiki page; that's why the edit was anonymous.
  • beezn - March 27, 2010 6:13 a.m.

My wife is playing the hell out of Cooking Mama right now, though she has beaten all of the Mario games that her DS Lite can play many times.
  • mdiaz033 - March 27, 2010 5:44 a.m.

girl gamers are a turn off. @shermie you are now becoming self-aware of your power over males. use it to get them to not shoot you in shooting games or to give you advantages. shit. if i was a girl gamer i'd do that. i'd tell anyone what they want to hear so long as they let me pwn them.
  • Shermie - March 27, 2010 5:20 a.m.

I hate the stupid questions. Asking me about my boob size is highly inappropriate. Plus, I can lie about it so what's the point? In fact, I can lie about everything so why ask anything. Let's just play the damn game.
  • KristopherMD - March 27, 2010 4:44 a.m.

I hate that so many guys think it's surprising that girls are good at video games. What the fuck did they assume, that girls were missing some part of their brains that make you play video games well? HOLY SHIT it's like they're just like us!!!
  • Twizinator - March 27, 2010 4:25 a.m.

haha, nice article GR! My friends and i heard a girl on Modern Warfare 2. Guess what i did? I acted normal and didnt say anything (other than stuff like "anyone need a UAV?" xD)
  • johngrybos - March 27, 2010 4:07 a.m.

Spending 31 hours playing Cooking Mama does so totally make you less of a gamer. Silly woman.
  • RebornKusabi - March 27, 2010 3:48 a.m.

As a male gamer, who has three female gaming friends, I think the key issue with women getting into games (if they haven't already) is that male gamers honestly DO NOT like playing video games with women. I specifically remember a match in Modern Warfare 2 where a guy was harassing one of my female friends that was in the party with sexist statements and lewd sexual comments until my entire party had to tell him off. I recognize that not all male gamers are like that, but anonymity brings out the darker, more repressed anger in most male gamers and many female gamers find that **** disconcerting. On another note, my other friend works a stop for gaming and constantly gets talked down to because the dumbass gaming customers assume she was hired just for her looks and not because she loves games. I do agree on having more female leads like Samus Aran and "Mistress" Sheppard from Mass Effect, but again, most game designers and writers are males so it's all a case of playing to your audience. Love the article, and still think the ladies of GamesRadar (and Veronica Belmont) should make a completely female podcast...
  • nik41507 - March 27, 2010 3:10 a.m.

I am a man and I cook well
  • ranzatsu - March 27, 2010 2:40 a.m.

Most boys are always perverted in online gaming. And when they try to compliment us it doesn't even seem friendly. I honestly think grrl gamers just make the games look....strange. And what does that mean if men see a girl in an online lobby? That they're house arrested noobs who live with their mom?? Show respect for once. Note: "Girl games" suck. @D0CCON: You are so right. I really agree with you.
  • big rudy - March 27, 2010 2:24 a.m.

I really do hate the unfair treatment of girls in online games. I mean seriously, some of the people's mindsets on there is like "Hey somebody who doesn't have a penis is on here! I must become an idiot and bombard this person with questions about their love-lives and their geographical location!" It pisses me off.
  • Kenzo - March 27, 2010 2:20 a.m.

I definitely wish the ratio of men to women gamers was a lottle more balanced, then all the guys wouldn't freak out every time a girl joined thier team and start hitting on her. the girl get treated better and I don't have to listen to a bunch of jackassess who've been locked in thier gamer position for so long they forgot what a girl looks and sounds like. everybody's happy
  • WrathLord03 - March 27, 2010 2:18 a.m.

Even the makers of games feel the only way to get females to buy games is to do 'girly' stuff. A lot of countries conquered sexism in the early 1900s and only conquered racsim in a few countries in the 1970s. And strangely, there's a whole lot less racism in games than there is sexism, probably fuelled by game developers. More Elena and Zoey-esque femme fatales, less 'these two similar pieces of armour provide the same protection despite the female version being 84% more revealing'!
  • sgloomy - March 27, 2010 2:18 a.m.

I know it happens but i never understood why people get excited about a girl online. you don't know what she is like or what she looks like, so are you so pathetic that the mere sound of a girl gets you excited?
  • IIIIIACEIIIII - March 27, 2010 2:16 a.m.

I hate the way every one feels the need to make a big deal out of the fact that a girl plays a game too. My sister plays CoD Mw2 and she's awesome at it, Chopper Gunner every match and she's going to get a nuke any day now. I've got no shame in saying she's just about better than I am. By the way I realise you're all going to go batshit and tell me about how you've got over nine thousand nukes under your belt, but I'd rather not hear it.
  • TKTOWA - March 27, 2010 2:14 a.m.

WHY IS SPYRO A GAME 4 GIRLS?! That's offensive. I f-ing love Legend of Spyro!
  • Bloodstorm - March 27, 2010 2 a.m.

Damn, Megatron really let himself go! (first pic)
  • D0CCON - March 27, 2010 1:58 a.m.

I'm a guy and I get annoyed whenever all the other guys in a lobby go crazy whenever there is a girl there. Although it sure doesn't help when most pictures shown of girls playing games on the net usually include them licking something gaming related (or holding it on a bed with minimal clothing). I can only imagine what pictures will be shown of women who apparently enjoy being objectified when the Playstation Move (I think that's what the controller is called) comes out (come on, even GR mentioned what it looks like.) Hopefully, more people will grow up.
  • ragingexplosion - March 27, 2010 1:54 a.m.

i played this girl in halo 3 and she pwnd my ass up and down the map and still had time to kill the rest of my team all by herself! plus, i'm a guy and i like to cook, and if you tell me to go back to wherever, i'll shove that controller where you can't reach it!!!