• BMW89 - March 27, 2010 7:03 p.m.

Great article and so true! Since I don't usually use the headset and have a gender neutral gamertag, it cracks me up every time a bunch of guys starts to call me a f*g or tell me what I should do with my (non-existent) male genitalia. I'm just glad that it's finally gotten to the point where some of the employees in game stores I occasionally go to recognize me, so I don't get the 'Are you lost?' look.
  • Holty07 - March 27, 2010 6:15 p.m.

Hell yeah more of Samus. That's some damn awesome armour whether you're a girl or not. I'd wear it. Yeah even with 'that' breastplate.
  • SolidSpartan - March 27, 2010 6:12 p.m.

-ONLINE- Alright, here I go... IS IT REALLY NOT UNDERSTANDING WHY GUYS GET JUMPY WHEN THEY hear/see A FEMALE GAMER ONLINE? I mean, guys don't usually see other gamer girls, so we just react in a odd way. It's like we actually like that gamer girl, you know? So we talk to them, try to get their attention, and so on. Yeah, it's annoying hearing kids scream out "HEEEY, ARE YOU A GIRL?", but we gotta deal with it(or just learn to mute). And everything has something to do with STEREOTYPES, so DON'T try to get out of that cycle. (You know, mexicans, african americans, asians, kids with high voices, and yes, the "opposite" sex) The same with guys in general, but because we're the ones usually being the stereotypes, then there's only one who can actually attack us; females. Are there enough around online to do it? Not likey. Would one be able to do it? Not against a lobby of average Joes. Just be ready to get harassed online by guys. There's not much you can do. You CAN either talk in private with a actual male friend who has no prob with you being born a girl,(or even another girl) or you can just, well, not talk. Might be a little too demanding, but unless your willing to survive through a lot of smart remarks, then the next time you play you better just not use a headset. Society's a bitch. DEAL WITH IT LIKE THE REST OF US.
  • Wizrai - March 27, 2010 5:53 p.m.

Best article EVER.
  • Skykid - March 27, 2010 4:59 p.m.

I've been on Halo and heard girls talk smack on guys-including myself-that I don't really find this an opinion as much as a factual statement. To add to my first statement, I was quite literal, not sarcastic.
  • MediocreDinosaur - March 27, 2010 4:55 p.m.

Why yes, Paris Hilton I love my PlayCube too! Especially with its handy-dandy handle! I can carry it like a purse that doesn't do anything!
  • Skykid - March 27, 2010 4:53 p.m.

(with heavy dose of sarcasm)Thank you for shoving this revelation down my throat GR!
  • JADENkOTOR - March 27, 2010 4:34 p.m.

...and men built the Eiffel Tower out of iron and brawn
  • awil117 - March 27, 2010 4:29 p.m.

Lol. I love the new comments of how guys are 'respecting' girls. I'm sorry, but I really don't like girl gamers. Oh well for me right? Very funny hate article. And extremely funny first comment! lol. I have already known this perspective of women for a while now though. so ha! xP
  • Shrody - March 27, 2010 4:13 p.m.

you try explaining that you are a girl/gamer and not a girlgamer to a man who hasn't seen the sun in a week and survives primarily on doritos and code red. DOES NOT COMPUTE!
  • JADENkOTOR - March 27, 2010 4:06 p.m.

Funny shit. Now get back in the kitchen
  • Cyberninja - March 27, 2010 3:25 p.m.

i dont know any girl gamers but they seem like they take a lot of crap and that should change. i hope girls will play more shooters and stuff so that so us male gamers will shut the f**k up
  • oryandymackie - March 27, 2010 2:33 p.m.

Guys, they're on to you. Run, run fast.
  • Eevee10001 - March 27, 2010 2:16 p.m.

Lawl at the 6th one, if you look closely at all the games in the girl game isle, you'll see a Spyro game :B (And yes, I'm a girl too)
  • Modroneman - March 27, 2010 1:56 p.m.

lol@Bloodstorm
  • 5scott121 - March 27, 2010 12:21 p.m.

i understand what ya mean, people critisize grrrls because they think they cant play and there interested in grrrl stuff, not that most of you girls arnt but i got nothing against ya girl gamers, if i get owned -powned or whatever u wana call it by a girl, i just play the game and say hey its only a game, all you complainers and douches out there, get a life lol your life isnt evolved around a game you idiots.
  • Tommykrem - March 27, 2010 11:37 a.m.

I think number 2 is a stereotype. So what if you've heard it before, that just makes it more fun :P OK, I'm going to be a little bit more serious now, but I'm still going to be mean. 6. Sorry. Most of you DO play catz and dogz for DS. Millions of people buy those games, and they are mainly bought by girls, of course. So I'd say that most girls playing videogames playes these types of games, farmville or sims. Not that there's anything wrong with that. However, people playing those games are an own group. I wouldn't be surprised if a girl played MW2. Actually, I'd probably be thankful since it will likely give me easy kills, oh now I'm mean again. Guess you've heard that one before.
  • Zeb364 - March 27, 2010 10:14 a.m.

All of this is true. And that Gamescrush site is just as demeaning to guys. Like we're all pathetic losers who are afraid to stop playing video games and leave our houses and the only way we can contact any members of the opposite sex is to pay them to talk dirty to us while we play them online.
  • philipshaw - March 27, 2010 9:26 a.m.

Yeah that thing about Girls talking over a headset and people asking stupid questions is so true. It's dumb, as if you are going to get a meaningful relationship out of someone who is on there just to play a few rounds of a game
  • QWERTYCommander - March 27, 2010 7:40 a.m.

Women are people too... they don't deserve this.