• awil117 - March 27, 2010 4:29 p.m.

Lol. I love the new comments of how guys are 'respecting' girls. I'm sorry, but I really don't like girl gamers. Oh well for me right? Very funny hate article. And extremely funny first comment! lol. I have already known this perspective of women for a while now though. so ha! xP
  • Shrody - March 27, 2010 4:13 p.m.

you try explaining that you are a girl/gamer and not a girlgamer to a man who hasn't seen the sun in a week and survives primarily on doritos and code red. DOES NOT COMPUTE!
  • JADENkOTOR - March 27, 2010 4:06 p.m.

Funny shit. Now get back in the kitchen
  • Cyberninja - March 27, 2010 3:25 p.m.

i dont know any girl gamers but they seem like they take a lot of crap and that should change. i hope girls will play more shooters and stuff so that so us male gamers will shut the f**k up
  • oryandymackie - March 27, 2010 2:33 p.m.

Guys, they're on to you. Run, run fast.
  • Eevee10001 - March 27, 2010 2:16 p.m.

Lawl at the 6th one, if you look closely at all the games in the girl game isle, you'll see a Spyro game :B (And yes, I'm a girl too)
  • Modroneman - March 27, 2010 1:56 p.m.

lol@Bloodstorm
  • 5scott121 - March 27, 2010 12:21 p.m.

i understand what ya mean, people critisize grrrls because they think they cant play and there interested in grrrl stuff, not that most of you girls arnt but i got nothing against ya girl gamers, if i get owned -powned or whatever u wana call it by a girl, i just play the game and say hey its only a game, all you complainers and douches out there, get a life lol your life isnt evolved around a game you idiots.
  • Tommykrem - March 27, 2010 11:37 a.m.

I think number 2 is a stereotype. So what if you've heard it before, that just makes it more fun :P OK, I'm going to be a little bit more serious now, but I'm still going to be mean. 6. Sorry. Most of you DO play catz and dogz for DS. Millions of people buy those games, and they are mainly bought by girls, of course. So I'd say that most girls playing videogames playes these types of games, farmville or sims. Not that there's anything wrong with that. However, people playing those games are an own group. I wouldn't be surprised if a girl played MW2. Actually, I'd probably be thankful since it will likely give me easy kills, oh now I'm mean again. Guess you've heard that one before.
  • Zeb364 - March 27, 2010 10:14 a.m.

All of this is true. And that Gamescrush site is just as demeaning to guys. Like we're all pathetic losers who are afraid to stop playing video games and leave our houses and the only way we can contact any members of the opposite sex is to pay them to talk dirty to us while we play them online.
  • philipshaw - March 27, 2010 9:26 a.m.

Yeah that thing about Girls talking over a headset and people asking stupid questions is so true. It's dumb, as if you are going to get a meaningful relationship out of someone who is on there just to play a few rounds of a game
  • QWERTYCommander - March 27, 2010 7:40 a.m.

Women are people too... they don't deserve this.
  • DeeEss - March 27, 2010 7:16 a.m.

Haven't really run into many girls playing online, but I was in a clan led by a girl once. She ran that outfit with an iron fist. Intimidating as hell, scared the shit out of me. :) Good player though.
  • powerpc127 - March 27, 2010 6:36 a.m.

I just wanted to say that I'm a guy who loves to cook. I'm not great at it, but I sure do love it. Like fighting games. recaptcha: bluhdorn cynosure 'the fuck?
  • 510BrotherPanda - March 27, 2010 6:16 a.m.

Good article Lizzy. People who play these "guy games" need to man up and accept that a human beings women should have equal right to play what they want. I mean, there are women in the field of making/ marketing/ distributing games and other things, what's to say they are not allowed to play them? I also tired of all this BS "career" game crap for "girls". Why does the industry assume all young ladies aspire to be froofy air-headed one-dimensional cardboard-cutout socialites with idealized skills and bodies? It's getting/ gotten as bad as the fashion industry! Guy gamers also have to stop continuing the sexist put-downs, not just toward girls, but the homophobic words too. I'm straight, don't play shooters or ps3/360, don't have a girlfriend, and am current caught up in that Pokimans remake. DON'T YOU DOODS JUDGE, YEAH? ...oh, and I'm the one who started that whole "MIKEL'S MUSTACHE SAVES DROWNING PEOPLE" thing, but I'm just not registered to update the TDAR wiki page; that's why the edit was anonymous.
  • beezn - March 27, 2010 6:13 a.m.

My wife is playing the hell out of Cooking Mama right now, though she has beaten all of the Mario games that her DS Lite can play many times.
  • mdiaz033 - March 27, 2010 5:44 a.m.

girl gamers are a turn off. @shermie you are now becoming self-aware of your power over males. use it to get them to not shoot you in shooting games or to give you advantages. shit. if i was a girl gamer i'd do that. i'd tell anyone what they want to hear so long as they let me pwn them.
  • Shermie - March 27, 2010 5:20 a.m.

I hate the stupid questions. Asking me about my boob size is highly inappropriate. Plus, I can lie about it so what's the point? In fact, I can lie about everything so why ask anything. Let's just play the damn game.
  • KristopherMD - March 27, 2010 4:44 a.m.

I hate that so many guys think it's surprising that girls are good at video games. What the fuck did they assume, that girls were missing some part of their brains that make you play video games well? HOLY SHIT it's like they're just like us!!!
  • Twizinator - March 27, 2010 4:25 a.m.

haha, nice article GR! My friends and i heard a girl on Modern Warfare 2. Guess what i did? I acted normal and didnt say anything (other than stuff like "anyone need a UAV?" xD)