• thelostmc - September 3, 2011 12:15 p.m.

I would prefer to not spend $60 a year on live and another $50 for a crappy game.
  • cj12297 - September 3, 2011 2:55 p.m.

get a playstation then....
  • Soliden - September 3, 2011 3:34 p.m.

It's still $50 plus an unreliable online service...
  • SolCross - September 3, 2011 12:03 p.m.

I would say this concept is silly to me, but I bought the Rockstar Pass for LA Noire. The only difference here is that the LA Noire DLC was affordable and not overpriced, as I find it hard to justify spending money on maps as it is. And let's face it, a lot of people are just in it for the maps, rather than tripping over themselves to see Jason Bateman and Will Arnett goof around. On another note, I randomly started re-watching Arrested Development the other day, so this is fairly amusing to me.
  • LeSieg - September 3, 2011 11:42 a.m.

Wait I'm confused, is multiplayer customization (a la Halo) only available to Elite subscribers? Or is Elite going to provide custom-made gametypes into a special playlist for subscribers? Or does it do something else entirely? A community supported playlist would be awesome, but I'm a little hesitant to buy in to Elite for that privilege, unless of course I'm missing on a detail or two.
  • Darkhawk - September 3, 2011 11:05 a.m.

I'm with alphafour. That's why I refuse to pay for Live.
  • alphafour - September 3, 2011 3:43 p.m.

Yeah exactly I mean the people who only have xbox 360 got a pretty shoite deal. We get screwed out of £35 every year for an online service which is free on PS3.. (and I don't give a shooite if I can get access to a demo or DLC 15 minutes earlier.. who cares?). To add insult to injury.. my 360 broke down 3 times with the RROD (well i suppose its a different one every time because they sent me refurbished ones back so..). My mate's PS3 has never gone wrong ever. Furthermore.. the 360 (I don't know about the new slim one) sounds like a bloody hoover and is as hot as the sun. My mate's PS3 is almost silent unless you are silent yourself (and who plays games on mute.. you losers). I've obviously gone off topic completely but who cares.. f*ck Xbox 360.. I traded it in for a PSP anyway.. those twats at Microsoft aren't getting any more of my money! End of rant! Oh and I'm not buying this crappy game. I'll just get BF3 on PC :)
  • paul212 - September 4, 2011 3:38 p.m.

I just use xbox live because the online usually runs alot smoother than on my ps3.
  • infestedandy - September 4, 2011 8:56 p.m.

It's too bad your experience with the Xbox was so terrible, but I definitely can tell you that between my 5 RRODs, I'm happy with the system presently. If your friend's Xbox sounds like a jet-engine it's definitely an old model. The newer 360's make minimal noise. Between Microsoft and Sony, both companies have made huge mistakes this generation with their consoles. Saying one is better than the other because of "this problem" is a very weak argument at this point. To remain on topic with online connectivity, the 360 is by far the better console that utilizes online. $60 a year is not a lot of money, especially when you look at what the PS3 has and that doesn't even contain cross-game chat yet (nor will it ever). I appreciate my PS3, but hearing you traded in your 360 for a PSP is embarrassing. In my opinion, it's a clunky mess of a system with few games even worth mentioning. At least with the 360 you can experience some amazing arcade games the PS3 never got and some great exclusives too. Oh well, I guess it's too much to ask everyone to embrace all the consoles. Why don't the rest of you justify your purchases as well?
  • infestedandy - September 4, 2011 8:56 p.m.

Sorry about the wall of text. For some reason pressing enter did nothing when I submitted.
  • ahuythgtenf - September 3, 2011 11 a.m.

The issue here is that it should be free. Nobody would be complaining about MW3 being a total rip-off/rehash (which it definately is) if all these premium features were implemented for free. The game would actually be a new game, and not an edited MW2. Activision had a chance to dispel all the dissent about their annual franchise milking, and make a good new game. But they won't because they're determined to get as much money out of the game as possible...
  • packster - September 3, 2011 10:44 a.m.

You mean Michael and GOB Bluth?
  • thelostmc - September 3, 2011 12:13 p.m.

GOB stands for George Oscar Bluth bro.
  • alphafour - September 3, 2011 6:30 a.m.

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3: £45. A one year subscription of Xbox Live : £35. Subscription to Call of Duty Elite : £40. Overall cost of actually using COD Elite : £120. Realising DICE does it all for free : Priceless.
  • Dared00 - September 3, 2011 7:46 a.m.

Wow, so DICE gives me free Live subscription and a free game? OH WOW.
  • AttractiveMeat - September 3, 2011 8:16 a.m.

Ha!
  • alphafour - September 3, 2011 3:32 p.m.

Haha you knew exactly what I meant, you just wanted to twist it because you have nothing to actually come back at me with.
  • Mik3one5 - September 3, 2011 8 p.m.

DICE? The same DICE that copied and pasted Battlefield's multiplayer onto MOH? I'm not saying CoD doesn't do that, because everyone knows Black ops is a watered down MW2 rip, but DICe didn't have to follow suit.
  • call_me_curtis - September 3, 2011 10:42 a.m.

Well said. Screw Modern Warfare and their greedy ass developers. This is the beginning of the end for COD.
  • RedAppolyon - September 3, 2011 6:36 p.m.

I agree
  • Campbell - September 3, 2011 5:47 a.m.

So first they make you pay for content we used to have for free, and now were paying for function it should have anyways. This post got my hopes up of somthing actualy interesting but just like CoD since MW2 it just kept on disapointing me. It is BS we are asked to pay for basic function, wich is not even close to generous. And for you who actualy do see it as generous, just buy Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament or even halo 1 (And i f**kin hate halo). And youl see that pretty much everything they offer as "generous" is a complete and utter ripoff