• CH3BURASHKA - August 23, 2013 4:02 p.m.

From an old Talkradar, I remember Seth Killian saying the Merchant dominated the "most cosplayed" and "most unknown" Venn diagram. He has a pretty simple design, but seeing him in RE4 was a joy every time. I have no idea why Capcom straight-up abandoned him; no mention in 5 or 6 or any of the minor spin-offs (that I'm aware of). He honestly needs some more attention - maybe not a complete spin-off game, but more Merchant cameos - why would I buy guns from a stupid menu when I can get it from a bad-ass dude who can magically teleport? As for RDR, someone posited the theory that Uncle is actually Red from RDRevolver. Food for thought. Not everyone cares about through-lines and canon - I do, and I like when there's a history to every character.
  • shawksta - August 24, 2013 3:30 a.m.

I like that as well Would.be pretty awesome if that were the case
  • Clovin64 - August 23, 2013 3:47 p.m.

Goddamit I love the Resi 4 Merchant. As everyone else in the entire universe will tell you, his eyes actually glow red at night, so we know he's one of the Ganados. Yet he still helps you fight against all the others. He doesnt enough sound Spanish. I smell a facinating tale of betrayal and revenge. Get writing Capcom!
  • Darkhawk - August 26, 2013 1:02 p.m.

Yeah, surprised GR overlooked this. The going fan theory is that he's infected but for some reason has managed to keep it at bay. However, because of the infection, he can only support through supplies, not do battle himself.
  • codystovall - August 23, 2013 2:50 p.m.

Nurse joy is a product of lazy anime.
  • J-Fid - August 23, 2013 3:52 p.m.

Not only that, but the nurses in the games are all unnamed, probably to prevent players from thinking they are all the same person.
  • C.King - August 23, 2013 6:53 p.m.

whoa just noticed is officer jenny in any game other than yellow? i not really sure but i only recall seeing her dealing with the guy who stole the dig tm
  • codystovall - August 23, 2013 7:47 p.m.

shes not even named jenny in yellow, and no to answer the question.
  • Frieza - August 24, 2013 12:24 p.m.

She also gave you Squirtle in Vermillion city.