• Talvari - April 17, 2013 4:35 p.m.

I can get behind this. Nothing wrong with having an easy mode so long as its not forced.
  • BladedFalcon - April 17, 2013 4:04 p.m.

Easy mode is for chumps. 'Nuff said.
  • winner2 - April 18, 2013 7:03 a.m.

Agreed, and I think its safe to say we can be labeled as Souls fanboys with that lol.
  • BladedFalcon - April 18, 2013 7:44 a.m.

Heh, yeah XD
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 17, 2013 4:02 p.m.

I feel like a game called Aban Hawkins & the 1,001 Spikes is meant to be super difficult. Also, YAY SHINOBI!!!!!
  • AdonisX82 - April 17, 2013 3:49 p.m.

I NEVER had a hard time (after a little practice) with battletoads, and same goes for the coral reef level of TMNT. these weren't hard people, and i'm not that good at games.
  • n00b - April 17, 2013 3:39 p.m.

I disagree with all of these. These hard quirks are what makes these games satisfying and unique
  • GR_LucasSullivan - April 17, 2013 4 p.m.

I don't think Easy mode in any game is a bad thing--it's there if you want it, nothing more.
  • JMarsella09 - April 17, 2013 8:38 p.m.

One could argue that the stress and pressure to succeed is diminished, even if you don't use it. With the inclusion of an easy mode, the player knows he can win without heavy mastery of a game. The very pressure of not having an option can add to the experience.
  • Rub3z - April 18, 2013 2:38 a.m.

Hmm. I never thought of it that way. Nonetheless, I think my mind usually just pretends the easy mode was never there in the first place. Like selecting "Hard" as soon as the difficulty comes up is second nature to me, and I never give any more thought to my decision after that. Unless I'm playing one of those annoying fucking games that, upon dying a few times too many during one section, will bring up a reminder that I could change the difficulty in the options menu or something. Now that... THAT is fucking annoying. As long as a game doesn't do that, I'm totally fine with the existence of easier modes, because when I'm playing I'm never giving much thought to them.