• SuperSDizz - May 10, 2011 10:33 p.m.

Although the REALLY good stuff is only available at the end of each game, I think that Ratchet's Omniwrench is a good choice. Although it's radically different from the games in the article, the ratchet series has some of the best weapons in all of history, not just game history. You can finish the game using only the wrench if you choose!
  • CoryM1134 - May 10, 2011 10:22 p.m.

Line gun beats plasma cutter. Sorry.
  • SDHoneymonster - May 10, 2011 10:11 p.m.

I have to disagree with Perfect Dark - the Farsight could shoot through walls dammit! THROUGH WALLS! And that's before we've even mentioned the Laptop Gun... I'd add the Shadowgun from Shadowman. It's a bit shit at first, but once you've fed that baby some dark souls, it's zombie mulching heaven. ReCaptcha: umpontom from. Sounds like a town from Final Fantasy...
  • p0wnd - May 10, 2011 10:05 p.m.

Snub was 10x better than the Lancer
  • LTS - May 10, 2011 10:02 p.m.

Crowbar..... Portal Gun....
  • Y2Ken - May 10, 2011 9:46 p.m.

Plasma cutter is definitely the most useful weapon through both Dead Space 1 & 2. Other guns are great in design but nothing tops it for sheer clean precision. Also I love the grappling hook. =)
  • Gameguy94 - May 10, 2011 9:42 p.m.

i smell an epic crossover shooter where the above weapons are the only weapons.
  • JayQ - May 10, 2011 9:39 p.m.

bowie knife + boxing gloves*
  • Markstone - May 10, 2011 9:39 p.m.

I think the wrench + electrobolt in Bioshock should fits this list as well, pretty much beat normal only using that combination.
  • JayQ - May 10, 2011 9:37 p.m.

I have to disagree with the Dead Rising 2 one, by far the best combo weapon is the boxie knife + boxing gloves.
  • Fhiend - May 10, 2011 9:37 p.m.

You forgot every weapon in Radiant Silvergun.
  • Red - May 10, 2011 9:36 p.m.

It was a shame they gimped the pistol in Halo 2, and 3 for that matter.
  • fetalspray - May 10, 2011 9:32 p.m.

Super Shotgun beats chainsaw
  • FauxFurry - May 10, 2011 9:21 p.m.

While it makes me feel slightly unclean to bring God of War up when someone finally saw fit not to mention it, the first game in the series has the Blades of Chaos which, when fully upgraded, is the only thing one needs to depopulate most of ancient Greece. Fable 3's Hero weapons came pretty close to rendering upgrades to one's armory largely cosmetic but not quite,though the pre-order weapons such as the The Champion did completely succeed on that front. "LeVay cringer" does sounds like a good name for an in-game weapon, ReCaptcha. Maybe it could be said to be named after a Satanic version of Prince Adam's talking tiger?
  • Bloodstorm - May 10, 2011 9:20 p.m.

I'm sorry, but the Retro Lancer is just as awesome as the Lancer. The first time you skewer someone with it is as exhilarating as the first time you cut someone in half with the Lancer. Plus, it is completely necessary in the fight against shotgun rushing. You can keep your Lancer, I'll take the Retro Lancer.
  • Nin10DOH - May 10, 2011 9:17 p.m.

The Plasma Cutter was pretty much the only weapon I used in Dead Space. And what about the Big Daddy drill from Bioshock 2? Or is that just me...
  • SergeWaffels - May 10, 2011 9:11 p.m.

I am sorry but the best weapon that you get right away in Dead Rising 2 is the Knife X boxing gloves.
  • nebno6 - May 10, 2011 9:10 p.m.

What the hell guys? You missed off Metal slug! HEAVY MACHINE GUN, YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!11111
  • EvilChicken - May 10, 2011 9:07 p.m.

Assassin's Creed, hidden blades. Hell most of the time, I normally used them and never the swords or anything, I would use daggers now and then, but mainly hidden blades
  • 04whim - May 10, 2011 8:56 p.m.

I introduce you to The Ripper, guys...