Topics

Week of Hate

• CommanderCrunch - April 28, 2012 9:42 a.m.

The Pokemon one should have been "It hurt itself in its confusion". or just Zubats.
  • J-Fid - April 28, 2012 7:55 a.m.

Is the Pokemon slide about Altering Cave, or just caves in general? Regardless, they're both annoying. Also, how can anyone hate Funky Kong? He's not only awesome, but he's also helpful.
  • c-c-c-combo breaker - April 28, 2012 6:15 a.m.

Should've put 'Everything after 2001' for pokemon.
  • winner2 - April 28, 2012 5:37 a.m.

That Mario Galaxy 2 one was spot on. Screw that purple fat ass, I'll stop playing when I'm ready to stop playing! Also, the picture for GTA IV was hilarious. But you have to admit, Jacob was a bad-ass.
  • Unoriginal - April 28, 2012 5:24 a.m.

So someone at GR seriously counts Sonic 2006, Ninja Gaiden 3, Kinect Star Wars and Dragon Age 2 as their favorite games?! Everyone is entitled to their opinions I guess...
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 28, 2012 8:41 a.m.

Admittedly we ranked a few not so good games as favorites just for as excuse to add more funny images.
  • brazmanoqk - May 1, 2012 9:14 a.m.

I figured it meant sonic as a series.
  • Higgins - April 28, 2012 4:48 a.m.

Lol at Heavy Rain & the Teeth of Doom!
  • jmcgrotty - April 28, 2012 2:15 a.m.

Guess I am naive. And I've even played a fair number of those. I only undestood what anyone could dislike about 17 of them and agreed with 9...
  • Rub3z - April 28, 2012 1:31 a.m.

What was there to hate in that pic of Rayman: Origins? Do you mean to say that you hated those chase sections? Or the ice levels? Just about everything in that game was damned fun, especially slipping on the ice and timing your jumps to reach awesome speeds... and the satisfaction of completing those speed platforming challenges (the treasure chests come to mind) was stratospheric. Just looking at any darned screenshots of that game is enough to make me smile. I'm sorry guys, but... I can't find anything to hate about that game aside from the travesty that was its release date and the resulting masses of idiots who missed it. And that, really, isn't even a fault of the game... As for the things leveled against other games I love... like Portal 2... man, I agree. Them loading screens, man. Ha. And the phone calls in GTA IV. The dogs in Modern Whorefare. That fat purple lump of shit in Mario Galaxy 2. I like how all the screen grabs of the Halo games were basically the same thing, that was a nice touch. And then there was... oh... my... God!!! No! NOOOOO!!! That... slimy, filthy, child-raping, baby-seal clubbing, orphanage-burning, snaggle-toothed mother fucking asshole... BLUE SHELL!!! GAAAAAAHHHHH!!! SOOO... MUCH... ANGER... HATE... BUILDING... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- ***pops blood vessel in head from mounting pressure, collapses***
  • machupichu1992 - April 28, 2012 2:23 a.m.

I agree on Rayman Origins. I don't see anything wrong with their picture. I actually loved the ice levels. The chases even more so.
  • espenrio - April 28, 2012 9:39 a.m.

Yeah, I don't see how any part of that game could be hated, especially the chasing levels
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 27, 2012 9:33 p.m.

I actually like the "lore" of the Flood. But seeing as we're talking about videogames here... they suck. And Gravemind? A giant venus-flytrap from space was a pretty dumb idea, but the new feature of the Flood being apart of a hivemind made it so much cooler. I liked the Halo 3 version of Gravemind more. It was a scheming menace and only represented by a bunch of tentacles. Still, there are three problems: the constant interruptions on one of the most annoying levels in the series, he's not a boss, and he's not a freaking boss.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 27, 2012 9 p.m.

Spot on. Got yet another round of laughter and smirking. I won't type to much this time around, since there's too many to pinpoint, so I'll just go ahead and give a general job well-done, people. I'm already eager for next year's Week of Hate!
  • deadbrownrabbit - April 27, 2012 8:45 p.m.

hahah great list. but is the ME3 one about the ending, or about the fan's response to the ending?
  • Brutalicus - April 27, 2012 10:16 p.m.

We can only speculate!
  • BladedFalcon - April 28, 2012 7:41 a.m.

LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE!
  • GR_HenryGilbert - April 28, 2012 8:43 a.m.

I'll just say that we chose it because it can work for hating the ending and hating people that protested about the ending
  • shadeslayer77 - April 27, 2012 8:07 p.m.

All I have to say is that you were so right on the Bayonetta one. I hated constantly getting Stone Awards!
  • JMAN1156 - April 27, 2012 6:38 p.m.

Why would you hate the highly symbolic and deep story of Braid. One that made you scratch your head and ponder for days!