Topics

Minecraft

• CrashmanX - January 26, 2013 2:10 p.m.

So uh... did GR actually research into some of these pictures? Cause a lot of them I swear are just exported from Minecraft and then loaded up into a rendering program. Especially the ones with the really realistic skys.
  • CrashmanX - January 26, 2013 2:13 p.m.

Oh well nvm. Most of these aren't even IN Minecraft. 90% of them were just built to LOOK like Minecraft or using Minecraft materials in another program. That is some REALLY shitting article naming since they're not 50 Minecraft screenshots, they're 50 "Images that were made to look like Minecraft".
  • SanosukeEiji - January 26, 2013 6:18 p.m.

It's minecraft, just butchered with countless graphical mods and filters
  • zelta38 - January 27, 2013 9:59 a.m.

I wouldn't call this "butchered", check out http://procworld.blogspot.co.uk/, it's another procedural world project but that goes for a photorealistic feel which recently introduced minecraft-like terrain modelling. I like minecraft, but it could definitely do with much improved graphics and the option to switch between these styles.
  • CrashmanX - January 27, 2013 10:53 a.m.

Oh I would love to see MC with improved graphics (Lighting mainly and rendering) but for that to happen nicely we'd need a new Minecraft engine entirely. Minecraft is wholly coded in JAVA so that kinda makes it a resource bitch when you get into the more intensive stuff.
  • zelta38 - February 1, 2013 5:24 a.m.

Agreed, Java really is not suited for high end gaming.
  • CrashmanX - January 27, 2013 10:52 a.m.

No no. Some of these (La Cene Leonardi Da Vinci being an example) are done in either G-Mod or 3DS Max or some entirely other rendering program. How do I know this? I've done it before. It's not hard. Minecraft assets have been exported and can be used in just about anything now. Granted a FEW are done in Minecraft, many of them are not and were just exported or completely re-made elsewhere.
  • LAG3R - September 4, 2013 12:43 a.m.

Question: How exactly did you export java to use in 3ds max and such? Last time I looked, they didn't support it...
  • brickman409 - January 26, 2013 1:52 p.m.

Am I the only one who is amazed by these?
  • austin-fields - January 26, 2013 12:40 p.m.

yeah i agree battleship one looks like lego's
  • ThatGamerDude - January 26, 2013 11:06 a.m.

In my head, I keep thinking that I'm looking at screenshots of some epic, large-scale Minecraft RPG game. Of course, that's not what any of this is.
  • talleyXIV - January 26, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Is the Battleship one even real? That looks like Legos put on water. Epic Minecraft Airship was pasted on to a picture if it is even real. Minecraft 2 is not even a screenshot. Half of these are not even screenshots and then another half of those are not stunning.