• GoldenEagle1476 - October 19, 2013 4:47 p.m.

When Ezio assassinates his first target in AC2, such a badass scene.
  • zack-norris - October 19, 2013 4:28 p.m.

definately for me- Halo 3.
  • Outofmanyone - October 19, 2013 3:32 p.m.

Looking through this list and the comments, it's a really cool thing to see how many of my favorite moments are others favorites as well. I distinctly remember buying an HDMI cord for my PS3(A friend advised me to)thinking "How much of a difference could this possibly make?" and for the first time seeing how crisp and clear the text and images looked on my first 1080P HDTV.. that was a WOW moment right there. I have to say, I think this past generation happens to be my personally favorite. My college years I actually didn't game that much sadly, I did play here and there but it wasn't until about '07-'08 that I really got back into it. My younger brothers, cousins, and sister were all very into gaming at that time and I'll never forget all of the great times we had, catching up on some of the best gaming titles, then discussing all of our playthroughs and multiplayer matches together. So many inside jokes, gaming glitches and of course, arguments. Yeah.. gaming really brought us together. Even though we all enjoy movies, and reading as well, there's something special about video games through those special years that stands out--like playing L4D with my family the day after Christmas for 10 hours straight, heh. I'm grateful for those memories, and I hope the coming generations with these new consoles, have as great of a time as we did.
  • FAT47ITY - October 20, 2013 2:19 p.m.

Valve makes some of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever played. There's nothing better than having a laugh with your friends after successfully completing a L4D2 campaign, MVM onslaught in TF2, or a particularly difficult co-op level in Portal 2, especially if you're all in the same room.
  • snipes101 - October 19, 2013 11:52 a.m.

I remember playing my first Xbox 360 game in the EB Games I would visit all the time in my teenage years. There, in that crowded store on a 20-inch Samsung TV, I, for the first time, got my hands on the next generation of gaming, and realized how awesome it was going to be. Oh, the textures! Here is an assortment of other memories: Flipping an Elephant in Halo 3 and getting the message "wait, how did you do that?" Speaking with Vigil in Mass Effect one, and playing that damn game through about 15 damn times. Countless Gears Of War lans. Playing the scaleable maps in Perfect Dark Zero with 14 bots for hours on end with my bestie, before diving into the co-op head first. ITS A GIANT WORM in Gears Of War 2 Performing mind-blowing drifts in PGR3 using the Microsoft Steering Wheel All the adventures I had with Nathan Drake Spending hours online in COD4 and playing the Ghillied Up mission for the first time. Opening up chat rooms with friends. The online mode of Rainbow 6 Vegas Far Cry 3 - all of it. Staying up all night playing Oblivion with two friends in my family room, sharing secrets that we discovered. Helping friends get achievements and boosting cheevos in online game rooms. Shooting the gravity switches in Prey until Tommy puked. Getting a taste of HD gameplay. The Xbox 360 Remote (sans d-pad) The list goes on, but these came to mind pretty quickly.
  • Sinosaur - October 19, 2013 10:34 a.m.

Getting all the way through Mass Effect to that ending and being so incredibly amped to see what would come next. Mass Effect 1 still has the best ending of the series and I sat through those credits probably a dozen times. It was also the first game I got every achievement for until they put out the second crappy DLC that I've never bothered to play... which retroactively made it not 100% complete.
  • SDHoneymonster - October 19, 2013 10:19 a.m.

A few game-specific favourites of mine: - Driving across Algonquin Bridge at sunset and by luck finding Hello's 'New York Groove' on the radio. Poifect. - Playing some user-created levels in Little Big Planet and realising what was possible. - Another music-related one, as I lead an army of head-banging grunts into war soundtracked by Quiet Riot's The Wild & The Young in Brutal Legend. - Leaving Vault 101 for the first time. - And finally, four words: 'This was a triumph...'
  • zombi3grim - October 19, 2013 8:37 a.m.

Popping my first achievement and becoming addicted.
  • rob619 - October 19, 2013 10:16 a.m.

I agree
  • Jennero_Rossi - October 19, 2013 6:54 a.m.

I remember moving from SD to HD with HDMI, amazing. Then playing Dead Rising not believe how many character were on screen.
  • Sinosaur - October 19, 2013 10:30 a.m.

I feel so stupid because at the beginning of the generation thinking that the PS2 (and then the Wii) was about as good as I could ever want graphics to be. Then when I hooked up the 360 to an HD TV and played GTA4 and knew I had been wrong. (And now GTA4 is looking a bit old).
  • chriszewski - October 19, 2013 10:48 a.m.

Dead Rising was my "this is next gen" moment... Especially since i couldn't read anything on my SD tv :)
  • jh4911 - October 19, 2013 4:20 a.m.

Good list, a lot of memories. I gotta say though my favorite memory is playing halo 3 four player split screen. So much fun.
  • freeden - October 19, 2013 12:52 a.m.

A few of these on here bring memories, but where's MGS4? The game that arguably brought MGS to a close (yes, I know, MGS5, but it's a prequel). The ending to that game is one of the most memorable in gaming history. Also, To The Moon gave me a lot of memories, specifically in the memory change scene with "Everything's Alright playing" and the ending, both of which brought a tear to my eye. This generation certainly did have a lot of good memories for me in gaming. Can't wait to jump into the next one.
  • rob619 - October 19, 2013 10:17 a.m.

Highly agree with MGS4 to not even be on this list is so bad! The last fighr with ocelot, with the music changing reminding you of the previous games on top on the ship was too epic!
  • TreyTable - October 18, 2013 10:58 p.m.

PlayStation Plus.
  • awesomesauce - October 18, 2013 10:21 p.m.

"No Russian" in CoD:MW2
  • awesomesauce - October 18, 2013 10:22 p.m.

ok maybe that wasn't "good" but it was memorable
  • awesomesauce - October 18, 2013 10:20 p.m.

Shooting the Moon in Portal2
  • awesomesauce - October 18, 2013 10:19 p.m.

Punching Zeus' face in God of War3