• azrael37 - November 15, 2014 5:49 a.m.

update other then the first time i played uncharted the real mindblowing came when i first took my ps3 and psp online and found out about psone classics(we didn't get broadband where i live till early 2008) and seeing all that classic greatness for ten dollars or less i still keep a psp just to play psone games
  • azrael37 - October 8, 2014 10:12 a.m.

jumping in the water for the first time in uncharted drakes fortune and realizing that drakes clothing was wet when he got out ..
  • michiyo-sentakubunya - August 24, 2014 2:11 a.m.

Finally topping the leaderboard of killers and banging Sylvia in No More Heroes. Finally killing the Metroid posing as you in Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Realizing that most people are never going to even realize that there are Nintendo-exclusive M-rated games. Causing a massive bloody massacre with a freaking beam katana on a "Kiddy console".
  • JS1HUNDRED - May 22, 2014 4:44 p.m.

- The Suicide Run at the end of Mass Effect 2 - Stepping out of the sewer at the start of Oblivion - The view and diving off your first ever Sync point in Assassins Creed - Pulling an all nighter playing 4 player coop Terrorist Hunts on Realistic Mode in Rainbow Six Vegas - Buying UNO on XBLA launch and getting the full 200 achievement points in a couple of hours(Pretty sure i was close to first in the world :P) - The first time you played Wii Sports with friends
  • bearded-snorlax - May 22, 2014 11:12 a.m.

CoD World At War--Playing Nazi Zombies for the first time Fallout 3--Watching an enemy's head explode in glorious HD detail God of War 3--Smashing Hercules' face in Gears of War 2--Riding a Brumak
  • eemikec - March 20, 2014 11:42 p.m.

How has nothing from the Batman Arkham games not been posted? Just mentioning the end of Arkham City with the Joker should spark something!
  • martin-pospisil - March 20, 2014 1:17 p.m.

Picture of Sif standing in front of you sends shivers down my spine.
  • Plagu3Born - March 20, 2014 1:12 p.m.

I know it wasn't the best game ever.. but that feeling when playing the force unleashed for the first time as one of the earlier games of the last gen, and seeing the entire physics of splintering wood with force push
  • travis-keeler - November 6, 2013 9:11 a.m.

My three favorite moments from the last generation 3. Bass solo tour being added in Rock Band 2 2. Final Boss in Resident Evil 5 1. Fallout 3; leaving Vault 101 for the first time
  • TMcKeon64 - November 3, 2013 4:55 p.m.

-Flying a helicopter over Liberty City at night in GTA 4 -Rosalina's storybook in Mario Galaxy -Megaman going back to the 8-bit era in Megaman 9 -"The Part Where He Kills You" in Portal 2 -Your last stand in Halo Reach -Dom's death in Gears 3 -Being surprise that I lived to see Duke Nukem Forever getting release (only to realized the game is a piece of shit)
  • talleyXIV - October 29, 2013 6:05 p.m.

Solving some hard as shit puzzle in Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess. All nighters with CoD or GTA.
  • udUbdaWgz - October 26, 2013 2:01 p.m.

my greatest memory always comes back to leaving vault 101 for the first time. first slo-mo vats kill. the intro scene and music from masseffect 1. finishing riddick and realizing how great of a game it was. old-skool doom3 gameplay and scares. my utter disappointment in gta4. the great leap in innovation and gameplay from blockbusters like halo3, gears1, creed1, bioshock1, etc. the great games i've got to play for just a handful of dollars in the bargain bins because others deem them bad. the greatest value pack in the history of console gaming: the orangebox.
  • shawksta - October 25, 2013 5 p.m.

Shot guns always gets the job done when you need it. I personally love the olympia from Black Ops.
  • shawksta - October 26, 2013 8:24 a.m.

Shit, wrong article :P
  • Clovin64 - October 22, 2013 2:43 p.m.

Pretty good list! Reminds me how much pure joy this console generation has given me, despite my misty eyed nostalgia for the SNES, PS1 and PS2 days. Here's my fave momments: - Desperately pumping bullets into the bad guy at the end of COD4 after you witness your friends dying around you. Such an epic last-gasp momment. - Reaching the Archylte Steppe in FFXIII. After all those corridors, arriving at this massive open jurrassic world populated with a huge assortment of creatures running around felt pretty magical. Damn, those giant tortoises still look incredible. - First playing Skyrim. In the tutorial level I was limited to admiring the much improved graphics, the better character animations, the dual-wielding etc., but when you leave the first area and see those massive open snowy moutains, and realise that theres a huge fantasy world ready for you and filled with stuff to see and do just begging to be explored. - Pulverizing Zeus's stupid smug face into jam at the end of God of War III. Fuck you Zeus. - Finally figuring out how to use the VATS system in Fallout 3 after several hours of stupidly playing the game like a vanilla shooter. "Christ, look at his head explode! I can see bits of brain!" - I would almost say making sexy with Garrus in Mass Effect 2, but I'll opt for the suicide mission instead. The whole mission had an incredibly epic feel to it (especially the music), and every second of it was murderously tense knowing any of the beloved squadmates I spent the whole game learning to love could die. - Seeing Monkey and Trip's relationship evolve throughout Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Ninja Theory did a fantastic job of creating lifelike characters I could really get to know and love over the course of the game. This aplies equally to Telltale's Walking Dead. - John Marston's selfless and heroic last stand in Red Dead Redemption. - Reaching that incredible Vampire Castle in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. It looks exactly like something ripped out of the darkest corner of my imagination. Dark, gothic, atmospheric and ubsurdly beautiful. After running through forests and swamps fighting goblins and werewolfs in the game's first third, I arrived as this huge imposing vampire-ridden castle and was like "Yeah, this is bloody Castlevania!" - Reaching Anor londo in Dark Souls. That magnificent view... cathderals, towers, a gorgeous sunset and the amazing uplifting feeling that you've acheived something in the game.
  • supaMcnugget - October 26, 2013 5:26 a.m.

Once you reach the wide-open spaces of FFXIII, it is certainly glorious. Here are mine: - Playing Journey for the first time - Wandering the world in Ni No Kuni for the first time - Shooting and stabbing your way through Helghast hordes in Killzone 2/3 - Viewing Rapture for the first time (I only played the demo, sadly) - Pretty much everything about Portal 2 - Rolling up the universe in Katamari Forever - Parkour-ing through the beautiful world of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Listening to the hilarious conversations of the Sam & Max series - Finally beating the Jak trilogy - Racing through the islands of Motorstorm Pacific Rift - Enjoying the pleasures of Okami in HD And these are just for my PS3....the only good Xbox 360 memories I have are playing Alan Wake and the Gears of War series (man those games are fun...)
  • StrayGator - October 22, 2013 12:54 a.m.

PCs aren't divided into discrete generations. I got nothin'.
  • Verenitz - October 21, 2013 4:36 p.m.

After finishing Bioshock 1 and Infinite, I had to run to the store to get a mop and clean the walls from my brain chunks. Also, i cri evruytiem for Dom and Maria. cri cri.
  • TheTrooper424 - October 21, 2013 3:01 p.m.

So many great feels on this list. Much obliged GamesRadar.
  • Pruman - October 21, 2013 10:33 a.m.

-Storming Space Normandy with robots and jetpacks in Vanquish -Going back to my TIE Fighter days in Halo Reach's "Long Night of Solace" -"I took a lot of bad things out of this world, Kolyat. You were the only good thing I ever put into it." -Curing the genophage -Learning about the Geth on that mission with Legion, and then reuniting them with the Creators -Watching Poseidon get beaten to death by me through his eyes (well, until I gouged them out) -All of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, but especially Rosalina's storybook section in the first game -"Shock and Awe," "Whiskey Hotel," and "Iron Lady" -Cole Train scores a touchdown That's off the top of my head, I'm sure I could come up with more if I was at home looking at my collection.