Topics

Week of Hate

• KA87 - April 29, 2012 2:08 p.m.

I think you can now safely include the ending to 3 and the lack of involvement of most of your love interests from two in 3. Would it have killed them to have made Jack or Maranda one of your party members? Oh, and of all the reporters in the galaxy why did we have end up with the short and slightly overwieght one.
  • Boudro - April 29, 2012 1:35 p.m.

Gayness is gay
  • christian-shaffer - April 26, 2012 5:04 p.m.

I find it kind of humorous that so many people hated your point about a lack of man-on-man relationships and they added it to ME3. I think that point should be replaced with the ME3 ending as most would probably agree.
  • mutton11 - January 3, 2012 7 a.m.

i completly dis agree mass effect is a classic i have every 1 and they're great
  • fatguy19 - May 1, 2011 12:44 p.m.

I agree with you about number 5 however I can understand why bioware would not include a guy on guy option. The public perception seems to be that it is perfectly acceptable for two girls to be together but not two guys> If there were to by a guy on guy option imagine the controversey it would cause. It would be 100 hundred times worse then what fox news reported on ME 1. Great article by the way. I must say I enjoyed driving the Mako
  • Bawheidbob - May 1, 2011 7:54 a.m.

Just what we need in the world the 'press square to suck alien man's dick button'
  • cameronl9 - May 1, 2011 1:41 a.m.

How dumb are the people commenting on gay shit? Does anyone not realize that the girl-girl relationship was done because the entire Liara storyline would have had to be re-written with the female version of Shephard? Does anyone know even the slightest scratch of what it takes to make games? The game's storyline was originally written with a man in mind, and then all of his relationships would have to be transposed to the female version of him. Bioware didn't include lesbianism it to titilate immature boys, as if being a lesbian is somehow a showcase to pander to immaturity. This was done solely as a character swap as part of the game design. Seriously people, USE YOUR BRAINS!!
  • Jackariah - April 30, 2011 9:21 p.m.

What a great comments section. My favourite is the lesbian and her wife calling gay relationships 'wrong and disturbing' if theres anything more than a high 5 involved. Hank at least is just most likely an uninformed basement dweller, Jenna is laughably bigoted. But of course being gay is just a choice, after all this is 1978 we live in. Sickening.
  • XD00175 - April 30, 2011 8:21 p.m.

Haha, as much as I love Mass Effect, I was hoping for this. I especially like number 4.
  • lovinmyps3 - April 30, 2011 6:22 p.m.

WHY COULDN'T MY FEMALE SHEPARD HOOK UP WITH TALI!?!?!?!
  • PortalMe - April 30, 2011 4:58 p.m.

This game blows hard
  • philipshaw - April 30, 2011 1:35 p.m.

I didn't mind the suicide mission because when I played it on PS3 I had Kasumi and used here for the tech part and everyone in my crew survived so I was pretty happy with my ending. I do agree that it's a bit dumb only girls can be gay in space, the more options the better I say
  • SerpentineZERO - April 30, 2011 7:55 a.m.

These comments are depressingly homophobic. And @BellaKazza, not everyone believes that, nor do they have to, so your argument is invalid.
  • zigs - April 29, 2011 11:33 p.m.

I'm not quite sure what "homosexual behaviour" is, or how it differs from the behaviour of a heterosexual. Unless you somehow mean that love between two homosexual men or women is unnatural?
  • SolidEye - April 29, 2011 11:12 p.m.

"The handful of horribly homophobic comments on this are just disgusting, disturbing and just plain wrong" No more wrong than justifying homosexual behaviour as perfectly natural and normal. The term homophobic is used to defend homosexuality and make anyone who opposes it as "ignorant". Homosexuality isn't racism.
  • Ravenbom - April 29, 2011 10:01 p.m.

Yeah, I'm completely over romance options in Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Like Carolyn said in the comment she made at the bottom of the first page of comments, I think it would be better if there were no romance options and they made a cannon romance part of the story, more like KOTOR which basically had one romance option depending on gender. (Juhani was supposed to be an option too but it's super buggy) *how the hell do you make umlats? wtf recaptcha?*
  • Crabhand - April 29, 2011 8:57 p.m.

Ugh can't agree more on the last point. And no, this is not so my GarrusxMale Shepard fanfics become reality. But they totally should. Let the bromance commence!
  • sharkweek - April 29, 2011 2:41 p.m.

@Hank34 No one here wants to listen to your homophobic ranting I heartily suggest you take your idiotic opinion elsewhere.
  • zigs - April 29, 2011 1:51 p.m.

The handful of horribly homophobic comments on this are just disgusting, disturbing and just plain wrong. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I guess, but when it's founded in such ignorance, it's just bewildering. Especially Jenna's.
  • SolidEye - April 29, 2011 12:11 p.m.

The less homosexuality there is in games, the better.