We Recommend

• codeman38 - March 21, 2009 8:46 p.m.

One of my favorite underrated soundtracks would have to be Super Adventure Island. When I rented the cartridge, I expected the sort of cutesy music found in the NES games from that series. I did *not* expect this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nVYcfylzc
  • VermithraxDagon - March 21, 2009 9:09 p.m.

Great article as per the usual
  • big rudy - March 21, 2009 11:17 p.m.

why isn't burnout 3 on this list?
  • Danomeon - March 21, 2009 11:30 p.m.

I love music in video games. Sometimes I find myself humming starcraft tunes in my head.
  • AyJay - March 22, 2009 3:42 a.m.

no earthbound?
  • waynski1457 - March 22, 2009 2:56 p.m.

I can't help myself. I have been coming back to this article again and again to listen to the great music here for about 3 days now. Key standouts for me have to be Bioshock, BC:R, DH:T, FFMQ, and Silver Surfer. Now would you kindly do another of these amazing articles? I request Y's get featured. It may be known for its amazing music, but then again, so are Secret of Mana and JGR to those who've played them.
  • Conman93 - March 24, 2009 6:58 p.m.

U SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED KINGDOM HEARTS AN SMASH BROS. THEIR SOUNTRACKS ARE BRILL
  • stuzimuzipuzi - March 25, 2009 10:16 p.m.

ant played jet grind radio in ages lol
  • TyeTheCzar - March 27, 2009 6:40 p.m.

Uguu~ As obscure and unreleased as it is here in the U.S.(the creator is a Japanese doujin/indie dev, of course), ZUN - one man member of Team Shanghai Alice - is the creator of the long(really, really long)-standing 'Touhou' shmup series(Embodiment Of Scarlet Devil, Highly Responsive To Prayers, Perfect Cherry Blossom, Shoot The Bullet, etc). Not only does he do all the elements of each game(yearly!), he also happens to make the music himself - which is so GODLIKE - that you can find lot's of lyrical remixes of his music on youtube. But I digress; I'm just shocked at how nobody here even thought of including this music. But I still forgive y'all of not being as in to the Indie Gaming Scene as you are(Though Touhou is pretty obscure even indie-wise to me, mostly you can find fans on 4chan) For information: go to wikia.org and search for 'Touhou'. Second: Gamesradar would have recieved uber-indie credit for including World Of Goo's and Big Bang Mini's OSTs and they're out there on the internets for free!
  • wiigamer024 - July 8, 2009 5:14 p.m.

heh, I like the Jet Grind Radio music, but how come I know that game as Jet Set Radio? What the hell, did they change it, or did Sega screw up again...
  • Slayer11496 - December 3, 2010 10:49 p.m.

it is really awesome to mix these by watching them all at the same time.
  • Gameover333 - December 6, 2010 11:14 p.m.

Atelier iris music and the game itself is something i recommend highly to any of my friends who are looking for a fun light hearted Rpg. Awesome on showcasing its really cool soundtrack