• Romination - December 5, 2009 7:29 a.m.

you also forgot that, you know, GRIN opened about 4 other studios before these games failed to sell, causing a GREATER cash flow problem and helping to bankrupt them since there was really no need for those studious.
  • crumbdunky - December 5, 2009 7:05 a.m.

I liked Lair. I liked it BEFORE the normal control patch AND I liked it after. There, I said it. So sue me. Everyone was wrong and I'm still right and nice to see the infighting at F5 continues to this day-it's what those unweildy dragons would have wanted. Flip your sixaxis vaguely forwards to rush-that's how you make a dragon move, ledt you all forgot because you're STILL scared of a game.
  • JakkedGamer - December 5, 2009 7:03 a.m.

R.I.P 3D Realms, u will be missed most of all. I have been waiting for duke 2 return FOREVER. Now all I have left is Duke 3D on the Xbox Live arcade. HAIL TO THE KING BABY!
  • Cyberninja - December 5, 2009 5:39 a.m.

i bet EA will make a crap starwars bf3
  • Yeager1122 - December 5, 2009 4:46 a.m.

I didnt know that happened to pandemic now im sad:(
  • Furyspittles - December 5, 2009 3:27 a.m.

What, no Free Radical? The...absorption(?) of Free Radical into Crytek was the saddest thing that's ever happened in my life. I'm not even joking. The complete eradication of both Battlefront III and the next Timesplitters in one fell swoop nearly even made me cry. And yeah, my understanding may be a little off, but I thought Pandemic wasn't responsible at all for Battlefront anymore seeing Free Radical was working on the third one. So, yeah, I don't even care about Pandemic closing. Hurray for apathy!
  • Cwf2008 - December 5, 2009 2:11 a.m.

Sad but at the same time no uncommon in this day...still...FUCK YOU EA. You had to kill off Pandemic didnt you? Will we ever get Battlefront 3? And seeing as Pandemic wont be in charge i dont see it becoming the greatest game of all time like it should be if it ever exists...=*(
  • mentalityljs - December 5, 2009 2:06 a.m.

@ Wizrai Oh hell yeah, APB looks and sounds fucking SWEET! ReCaptcha: Madison drunkest No, no, no. It's here in Milwaukee that's the drunkest. Madison's got the stoners :P
  • onewingedantista - December 5, 2009 1:54 a.m.

R.I.P. Pandemic. My dreams of a Battlefront III have been well and truly crushed.
  • TrIp13G - December 5, 2009 12:29 a.m.

3DRealms made Prey, didn't they? Or was that just a distribution deal?
  • Wizrai - December 5, 2009 12:26 a.m.

@mentalityljs Yeah, at least maybe some of these veterans will team up and do something like Realtime Worlds did.
  • barrage7667 - December 5, 2009 12:21 a.m.

sad tht pandemic is gone but as long as activision and insomniac are still around i will be happy :D
  • mentalityljs - December 5, 2009 12:19 a.m.

What always happens when devs close their doors? The best of the best team up and pump out the coolest shit! This is history in the making :)
  • FantasticMrStarFox - December 5, 2009 12:12 a.m.

so many games that couldve been. no more pandemic. :(
  • skyguy343 - December 5, 2009 12:06 a.m.

oh Pandemic, you will always hold a place in my heart.<3 hopefully Team Ico can survive 2010 and more
  • FlyWire2 - December 4, 2009 11:37 p.m.

RIP Pandemic: 2002 - 2007, They died once they joined that infamous posionous snake called "Electronic Crap". I knew this a long time ago but theres a little group of fans waiting for Pandemic's comeback... ...Thats the Pandemic's Forum itself waiting...
  • GrenadeSpamAndSausages - December 4, 2009 10:38 p.m.

pandemic has to be the saddest and with todays technology a batllefront 3 could have been turned into the most epic online game ever
  • dakranii - December 4, 2009 9:15 p.m.

The saddest for me was Ensemble Studios, which closed in the early part of the year. Aside from Goldeneye, I spent my most of my college years playing Age of Empires. I loved that game and still do (despite them putting Alexander the Great in the Trojan War?!).
  • IGiveUFunkButt - December 4, 2009 8:46 p.m.

Web of Shadows was so bad I had to take the disk out of my 360 to check that I hadn't bought an original Xbox game by mistake.
  • Xplosive59 - December 4, 2009 8:30 p.m.

aww i was looking forward to battlefront 3