Topics

Week of Hate

• winner2 - April 24, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Glad dark souls was on here. It and Demons Souls were and still are to this day, the most frustrating games I have ever played. There is no difficulty setting, and there is no level scaling or anything. You can theoretically try to get to the final boss without leveling up any attribute or changing any of your armor. The game world does not give a crap, it just wants to kill you as much as possible. Especially considering that everything but the bosses will respawn every time you die. Oh, and they make you hate other players like no other. The help is appreciated when you can get it, but when someone invades and kills you because there is no level range/equipment effectiveness separation it is beyond infuriating. Guy can start playing for the first time and within 30 minutes be killed by an invader who's been playing for half a year with some of the best stuff and every attribute maxed out.
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 11:47 p.m.

Which is why playing off-line is the way to go. at least for me XD The games can certainly be rage inducing, they were for me, but in a good way. It encouraged me to be better and smarter, and every time I finally bested a boss that had kicked my ass 20 times before, I felt GOOD. I think no other game in this generation gives such a roller coaster experience of joy and despair XD
  • winner2 - April 25, 2012 3:53 a.m.

Yeah, playing offline has a serious perk like that, but some bosses I feel like I need help (O and S). I havn't played dark in a few months, so I'm just stuck at seath (the moonlight sword opportunity gets me distracted from just trying to kill him outright). And you're right about the good way, it pushes you to think about every single move the enemy makes, making the fights so much more enjoyable, especially when you win. 20 deaths, and that 1 win is like ambrosia. Truly one of my favorite series ever. No other game has made me angry, but then so happy.
  • BladedFalcon - April 25, 2012 7:11 a.m.

I feel your pain. Seath's by far the hardest, most annoying tail to cut off. That being said, I'd actually recommend you to refrain from using online help to deal with him if you wanna get the sword. Because Seath itself is rather easy once you focus on HIM. Also helps if you have the curse-bite ring. That being said... Not sure the moonlight sword is worth the effort mate. I frankly found it useless, and it doesn't even have the cool features the one in Demon's souls had. (transparent blade, able to ignore blocking.) SO maybe you're just better off killing him? XD Also also, if you every find yourself in need of humanities, there's a place where you can get them ridiculously easily last time I checked: The last room before the boss in the Tomb of the giants. Once you deal with the more powerful, annoying enemies there, killing the smaller, re spawning ones usually yields humanities fairly often. Only catch is that you gotta pick them up immediately because they fade away within seconds. but still you'll get a shitload of them within minutes.
  • DrFunFrock - April 30, 2012 3:11 p.m.

Moonlight Greatsword is good is you have high int. At +5 it scales A so, it is pretty ok. Tends to go through most shields at least a little, but greatswords have their disadvantages for sure. If you're going for platinum of course you need to get it. Summoning other players for tails is very hit and miss, if they're a bit unreliable they might well just kill the boss and then there's nothing you can do. Lag can be a factor too. I've helped a lot of people to get boss tails, but it can be hard...
  • BladedFalcon - April 30, 2012 4:37 p.m.

Yeah, but i dunno, if you have high enough int, you might as well just use big hat Logan's staffs and crystal magic instead...
  • DrFunFrock - April 30, 2012 3:07 p.m.

To be fair, if someone's able to invade a new player with 'every attribute maxed out' then they've somehow hacked the game. Invasions are within a certain level apart from in very specific areas. Admittedly far too many people abuse the bottomless box glitch, that's probably what gets most new players as you describe. It is a seriously sh*tty thing to do. And the very hardest normal enemies don't respawn usually :) There's good weapons you can get early on to make things much easier too. Sorry you seemed to have such a bad experience with it...
  • jeremy-warner - April 24, 2012 3:23 p.m.

Prinny for sure.
  • justcallmejosh - April 24, 2012 3:22 p.m.

i never had too much of a problem with dark souls, admittedly some bosses were ragetastic, like the bed of chaos, but it never felt unfair so i never got angry if i died
  • colin-knapp - April 24, 2012 3:19 p.m.

I'm surprised that Trials HD/Trials Evolution aren't on the list for the extreme levels which are damned near impossible unless you sit and play thousands of times. Also surprised that Shinobi for PS2 is not on this list. This one shocks me the most, as it had the famous level that has no floor...with enemies to fight. Honorable Mentions: Manhunt (hard mode), Ikaruga, Einhander, Infiniti Danger (XBLA indie) and Megaman 1
  • needles - April 24, 2012 3:09 p.m.

Most of these games I've never played. I'm usually too busy scoring with chicks. You should try it sometime instead of bitching and moaning about Modern Warfare and how it sucks so much and how only douches and brat kids play it.
  • christian-shaffer - April 24, 2012 3:18 p.m.

Behaving like that, I would be surprised if you scored with any chicks. Most don't take kindly to insulting douchebags.
  • jeremy-warner - April 24, 2012 3:22 p.m.

I'm sorry, but you act like people who like video games are instantly nerds and can't get with chicks but you care enough to, not only go to a video game website but register and become a member on it...
  • needles - April 24, 2012 4:19 p.m.

Games Radar is great. Anyways Now back to scoring with chicks. I'll get back to you pocket protector wearing starwars loving geeks tomorrow to tell you how many times I nutted.
  • Fhiend - April 24, 2012 4:44 p.m.

Chicks must be real stupid where you live.
  • BladedFalcon - April 24, 2012 11:57 p.m.

Old troll is old, also obvious. How can you guys not spot them from a mile away, and just ignore?
  • needles - April 25, 2012 2:47 p.m.

Chicks are stupid everywhere. Don't you have a mother, Fhiend? You should know this.
  • Senorwaffles - April 29, 2012 6:30 a.m.

You are the reason why gamers get a bad reputation. If you dont like something, you dont need to just start bitching about them. And you say we have no life...
  • needles - May 4, 2012 11:58 a.m.

I think you spelled senior wrong.
  • jeremy-warner - June 17, 2012 7:52 p.m.

psst, people that talk about scoring with chicks and still have to brag about it normally means that they haven't or have done very little anything if it's still a big deal to you...