We Recommend

• mothbanquet - April 10, 2012 9:43 a.m.

Could definitely do with some LoK collection, though it'd be absurd from a storytelling perspective not to have the original Blood Omen in there since so many of its events are referenced directly in SR2 and Defiance. Just give us all of them and sod off with this 'reboot' business - a proper finale would do just fine.
  • samuel-ip - April 10, 2012 5:06 a.m.

ACE COMBAT 4,5,ZERO Epic games with great music and background story IMO way better than the latest Ace Combat Assault Horizon (which essentially just another American-vs-Russian game)
  • Flypiesky - April 10, 2012 1:57 a.m.

I think that the Dino Crisis series would make a good HD port, I freakin' loved those games. Well maybe not the 3rd one, so they should probably just update the graphics on the first two as the gameplay was great in my opinion.
  • robotdickens - April 9, 2012 1:11 a.m.

I would LOVE a Ratchet and Clank HD for 360 and since Insomniac is going cross platform I may actually get my wish. You also forgot Resident Evil and dare I say Pokemon.
  • AGPacman - April 9, 2012 3:10 p.m.

As I was reading this I was just thinking Resident Evil, especially since some of the older games don't hold up that well in terms of looks anymore. I doubt Ratchet and Clank will be on the 360 though, even though Insomniac have gone multi platform Sony owns the rights to Ratchet and Clank, not Insomniac.
  • masterjoe123 - April 8, 2012 5:14 p.m.

Zelda HD collection?
  • DualWieldingIsNotFeasible - April 8, 2012 4:19 p.m.

I really don't understand why we aren't seeing more of these. Yeah, it might cost a bit more than just re-releasing the original for download, but that means you can charge more.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 8, 2012 3:40 p.m.

How many outlets are aware of how crappy the Silent Hill HD collection is? Various smaller sites and blogs have reported it, but I haven't seen much of it on many of the bigger sites ('cept EuroGamer, though admittedly my web reading is rather sporadic and probably unreliable). I would of thought, after the righteous uproar from GR about Skyrim's PS3 problems, that they would have at least picked up on the issue. http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/konami-under-scrutiny-for-sile/1283503?page=1 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-what-went-wrong-with-silent-hill-hd Maybe I missed the article. Anyway, can someone please get back to me on this? It would be much appreciated.
  • Mezolitik - April 8, 2012 1:07 p.m.

Are you really asking for a HD remake of a game that was released in 2007 in the UK (FFXII)? I could understand Dizzy or Cannon Fodder, but in asking for a HD rehash of a five year old game, aren't we basically telling developers that we're a bunch of suckers that will throw money at anything? If EA hears this, we'll have Mass Effect 3 HD out at full price by the end of the month.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 8, 2012 3:14 p.m.

Pffffffff (runs hand through hair) Where to start? Umm... FXII is a PS2 game. Meaning it's not in HD and doesn't look that great on a HD screen. Which is why they (plus me) want a HD remake. Following? People want to be able to play their old games on their new systems. Backwards compatibility would be nice but it's not exactly earning companies like Sony any money. They are, after all, companies. Companies don't operate on goodwill. It's not a nice fact, but buying a HD update seems be the only option nowadays, and therefore a necessary evil. Besides, developers are savvy to the fact we *will* buy any old shit. [insert rather predictable dig at COD franchise here]. We gamers don't have to imply it; it's a fact. The last bit made absolutely no bloody sense whatsoever; no, EA won't release 'Mass Effect 3 HD'. Know why? Because while they may be mean and money-grabbing, they're not complete fucking morons: Mass Effect 3 is already in HD. I think you meant to make good use of the exaggeration technique, but you actually ended looking like a bit of a gonk. I won't hold it against you, don't worry. Just don't try so hard next time. Live long, and die. Christoper
  • Mezolitik - April 9, 2012 2:33 p.m.

Well, your patronising tone made everything easier to understand, so I'm suddenly feeling enlightened. Thank you. Sarcasm aside, your point did help me see why HD collections are valued; for some reason it never occurred to me that HD remakes would be made for HD TVs. I had assumed they were...well, cash grabs aimed at the gullible. You did spell your own name wrong though, 'Christoper'! So yeah, take that.
  • ChristopherDalley - April 11, 2012 12:41 p.m.

GUDDUMIT! Effing TYPSO! The patronising thing was more for my own amusement. Sorry about that. Glad you feel enlightened BTW! I feel I've have taken another step toward spiritual fulfillment!
  • BertTheTurtle - April 8, 2012 11:21 a.m.

I would have loved to see Silent Hill 4: The Room in the HD Collection, but I'm still very happy with it. And a Fatal Frame collection sounds splendid now that you mention it. Also, how about The Suffering?
  • FinderKeeper - April 8, 2012 10:34 a.m.

OKAAAAAAAAMIIIIII :-) Make it so. Actually, I'd like to see Red Faction I and II, but I don't think that'll happen unless another publisher buys Volition (the studio that developed the games) from THQ (or buys THQ).
  • larkan - April 8, 2012 8:46 a.m.

Please, no more overpriced Capcom HD Collections until they do it right. Upscaling is not the same as making it HD, and the games usually end up looking like crap.
  • Ilyere - April 8, 2012 5:45 a.m.

Was expecting Okami in here. XD I got it for the Wii, but the controls were a little weird for me. A console version suits better.
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - April 8, 2012 8:07 a.m.

because the wii is a portable system... *facepalm
  • charles-duran - April 8, 2012 1:17 a.m.

really want okami and viewtiful joe would buy them again in hd but as much as i want onimusha i played the first1 and demon siege recently and was dissapointed considering how much i loved them last gen i dont think they aged that well , an all new onimusha would be welcomed though
  • forestfire55 - April 7, 2012 9:54 p.m.

Im still wating for hd knights of the old republic... and i would fucin love republic commando and battlefront, did i mention i like star wars?
  • DecoyOctorok - April 7, 2012 8:10 p.m.

These all seem like no-brainers. Especially Legacy of Kain and Onimusha. I wonder if it's a copyright issue or if there just isn't enough interest. Also, I love the first three Silent Hill games but the HD collection of just two games is extremely lazy.