• Hobogonigal - July 20, 2010 10:06 a.m.

Loads of Xbox 360 games are in 1080p though and I have noticed a difference in texture between games of this resolution and those in a lesser resolution. Still, I didn't realise beautiful games like GoW3 and Uncharted didn't support 1080p and wonder if they would look any better in full HD. Most people say that better, detailed graphics don't matter and are overrated but if a game can do it, why not?
  • banjokazoozie - July 20, 2010 9:56 a.m.

it wont really matter to me, because I cant afford 3 grand+ for a new tv to support 3d
  • BigCNuggit - July 20, 2010 9:55 a.m.

God of War 3 actually supports 1080i so it's still 1920x1080, just frame rendered differently. But to answer the question, yes, 1080p does matter. If my tv has a resolution of 1920x1080, I want my games to match it. After running some Just Cause 2 on my pc to my tv with max graphics at 1920x1080, then again at 1280x720; there was quite a distinct difference. Almost like a layer of fuzz was removed when going back to 1080. People that say 1080p is unnecessary don't have the hardware for displaying it and are just sad :(
  • Meeko - July 20, 2010 9:55 a.m.

I don't really care. I'm not even sure if my T.V supports 1080p as most games native resolutions seem to be 720p.
  • EdDeRs1 - July 20, 2010 9:50 a.m.

who gives a fuck about this 1080p crap, i dont even understand what it stands for just that there are idiots out there with more money than sense that buy ridiculesly oversized hd tv's and moan that the good games dont support high def, they forget that most people dont have HD t.v's yet and dont need 1080, hell i dont even understand what 1080 and 720p stand for and what sensible person gives a fuck if Price's tash is more realistic or master choef's armour is more detaled!!!!!!!!! D: D: D: D:
  • WrathLord03 - July 20, 2010 9:36 a.m.

1080p seems to affect texturing most of all, and there were some textures in uncharted 2, GOWIII and the like that could have looked a little better. I mean, look at that bridge in Full Auto II: Battlelines. Nevertheless, I don't care. 720p and 1080p don't really make or break a game. I thought you'd know that Gamesradar! What matters is the story, gameplay and whatnot. And I'm not buying any 3D games anytime soon anyway so meh.
  • Tronto13 - July 20, 2010 9:35 a.m.

As movie tie ins go Kung Foo Panda wasnt a bad game, but i see what your getting at :) I cant play games in HD yet as i am still lacking in the HD TV department which sucks but if i did i'd say the bigger the better, Id much rather have 1080p than 3D. But thats just me :)