• robantor - April 25, 2009 2:41 a.m.

melee was the best i played that nonstop for years and in my opinion is better than brawl because of its fast pace
  • GoldenMe - April 25, 2009 2:14 a.m.

Owned all three, and I loved them all. SSBB gets my favorite cause it had Sonic...shut up. SSB takes due to it being one of the most original ideas of all time. SSBM is, well, a bit lackluster to the others. Overall, I'm getting the next one. No doubt.
  • AuthorityFigure - April 25, 2009 2:12 a.m.

I'm glad they removed Wave Dashing (it wasn't deliberate to begin with, as you've written).
  • LinkSceptile333 - April 25, 2009 1:52 a.m.

I love the Smash series and I love Brawl. It's so fun to play with friends.
  • Dudeman47 - April 25, 2009 12:27 a.m.

I didn't know SSB existed for the N64, that's pretty cool, but the graphics for it suck. Oh well.....
  • veratron - April 25, 2009 12:15 a.m.

loved smash bros. for the n64 who would have thought pikachu could be such a little bitch
  • vic88 - April 24, 2009 10:58 p.m.

ah how time has gone by, great retrospective
  • Unoriginal - April 24, 2009 9:31 p.m.

Nice retrospective. Brawl is my favorite multiplayer game. My friends and I still regularly play it together.
  • Ddz53 - April 24, 2009 9:11 p.m.

I remember how much fun it was to play the first SSB on N64. A real N64 classic
  • lava_lamp - April 24, 2009 8:41 p.m.

reading this article i realized why brawl sucks and the other Smash bros dont while the other Smash bros do what they do with a nice charm and silliness brawl does it with a straight face which is not as appealing
  • revrock - April 24, 2009 8:32 p.m.

Gotta love Smash Bros. Great article! BTW I never really liked the GCN version for some reason but the N64 and Wii are golden Re Captcha= 1/4 brain GR knows me all too well
  • LOUDcarBOMB - April 27, 2009 9:14 p.m.

Loved them all, didnt own all though. Brawl is the best in my book though. Fast paced, challenging, etc. Thank you for making this article about the series GR!!!
  • Analogic - April 27, 2009 5:36 p.m.

I've had the good fortune to try them all, and as as much as I'm concerned the second one is the greatest, when it comes down to playability and such. The third were a little TOO much arcade-like for my liking. c:
  • Tininho8 - April 27, 2009 2:50 p.m.

I love smash bros. for the n64. Nice retrospective.
  • Fenix654 - April 26, 2009 5:11 p.m.

I like Brawl more then melee, but I thought that in melee it was a lot harder to unlock characters. Am I the only one hoping Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes will be in the next one?
  • Gotxxrock - April 26, 2009 2:52 a.m.

In all forms and all manners, it doesn't matter which: Such a collaboration of great franchises and mascots, such pure concentrated nostalgia applied to such a fresh and vibrant gameplay formula... It is a thing of perfection.
  • jar-head - April 26, 2009 2:04 a.m.

omfg i've been waiting for this GR I love Thee
  • SuperBadnik - April 25, 2009 10:25 p.m.

Huh, this series really needs to end. Brawl had nothing really new, any other series wouldn't get away with it.
  • GaMeRGuY1oh4 - April 25, 2009 7:32 p.m.

SSB : Best Game For the N64. Period. Great classic, and the first fighting game (as I know of) to get knocked off stage. (No health bar) SSBM : Better graphics, I'll say that. And many WTF moments. Was the version for advance players. Most characters were crappy clones. SSBB : The reason to buy a Wii. Almost everyone who owns a Wii owns this game. Beatiful graphics. Much more variety with the characters. More fair, not using advanced techniques. My vote goes to, dammit, it's just too hard. But SSBM was the worst because of the too many cloned characters. I think SSB was the best since it was different. But, then again, in SSBB, Mario and Sonic could fight to the death, with Snake also. You know what, all of them are the best.
  • Styrophoamicus - April 25, 2009 6:53 p.m.

Melee was my favourite, I think mostly due to the easy-to-digest adventure mode. I wish that there were character-specific "Break the Targets" levels in Brawl like they did with Melee. I also found Brawl to be a bit slower. If they combined Brawl's characters with Melee's gameplay that would be awesome. BTW why is there no Smash Bros. DS? IT CAN BE DONE! WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY! The real winner, though, is the internet series "There Will Be Brawl" =P.