• philipshaw - April 17, 2010 8:59 a.m.

Read this in PSM3 and have to agree with most of it
  • PaulieWaulie - April 17, 2010 9:25 a.m.

At first I never used Recon because there was always so many of them and because of the comments on forums and articles like this but there's more than one way to play as them. When I do use Recon (Medic is my favourite) then I spend a bit of time at a distance trying to pop people off but usuallyy just spotting, get loads of points for spot assists, and then I use the mortor strike on busy areas when ever it's ready. Then other times I'll get within 100m of the objective and pick off the defenders when they're trying to disarm, they're so focused on disarming that it's easy to pick off multiple enemies. Also I don't just use the rifle, use the pistols at close quarters, they can rip people to bits if you get the drop on them. Plus always lob motion mines around objectives on defense or attack. I think Nelson bay is the best sniper map, you can sit closer to the action, get good kills and support the team.
  • frmonth - April 17, 2010 11:35 a.m.

I would talk but I have no friends who have battlefield (MW2 fanboys to the death!) and I don't like talking because I generally encounter mutes or abusive people who like to latch onto the fact that I'm from England and make as many insulting jokes as possible.
  • frmonth - April 17, 2010 11:38 a.m.

Also I agree that the recon class is can be very usefull if played properly but there are too many just camping and taking potshots instead of going for the objective, I personally rarely play recon just because their are so many others constantly doing the same even if the situation requires other ways of playing.
  • OD-Apache - April 17, 2010 7:36 p.m.

I love being a sniper, and I love it when I piss people off, and I love it when they try to knife me but set off my motion sensor and I no scope 'em, therefore, making them that more mad. Snipers like being hated, I know I do. But, where are the mortar strike? Those can rack up so many points, so fast, especially if you have an enemy tank or two sitting on your flag. Hell, I'll mortar a building down if looks at me the wrong way. And there is no better feeling then getting a marksman head-shot from across the map, Arica Harbor might be my best map. I do need to branch out though, I've gotten all but the last rifle in the sniper class. Sniper Spotter? That gives me about 200 points alone. I think I'll play it safe and stick with the Assault class though.
  • SausageLozenge - April 17, 2010 8:08 p.m.

Its kind of funny to see somebody take off in the helicopter to just see them crash it.
  • JizzyB - April 17, 2010 8:08 p.m.

I stopped talking on Live because I either hear young teens spamming and talking nonsense or potheads that just rip on their team with no helpful or positive feedback. I think many guys in my age demographic (late twenties) don't even bother with the mic for these reasons. As to sniping, I agree that if done right it could be very useful. Tricky sniping can disrupt the opposing teams' flow. Say you have one stretch of land on lock-down, killing anybody who steps in front of you, they will start to use alternate routes to get to their objective. At which point you go secure another avenue. I've been in squads where we were moving from one flag to the next, always in control. Everybody knowing where to move, where to train their sights while capturing a flag, moving to the next one in unison. This is what you want to keep the opposing team from doing. I feel sniping is one way to wrest away control. Again, it's needs to be done responsibly.
  • vadorsoul - April 17, 2010 11:09 p.m.

Add me for bfbc2 psn: Vadorsoul
  • Chester - April 18, 2010 3:15 a.m.

I love to snipe in this game, their is so many bad kids who do snipe its easy pickings for people like me.
  • AnonymouZ - April 18, 2010 4:37 a.m.

this is SO luls. i haven't gotten the game... but since i played the first to heart (still do... till i can afford THIS) it still makes sense. but, doesn't it SUCK when your teammates don't don't what the TAG is for? that is just RAGE/luls at my heart.
  • RedChaos765 - April 18, 2010 10:43 a.m.

I don't have the game, but 8 and 9 are a problem in most online shooters. Yes, I love sniping but I scout the map alot. Campers are useless, unless there protecting the flag. I alsovrun into ALOT of players who can't drive for s*** but still try and end up killing the rest of the team. If you're like me and can't drive, then please, PLEASE let someone else do it.
  • RedChaos765 - April 18, 2010 10:45 a.m.

Oops typos. And sorry for the double post.
  • jakery22 - April 18, 2010 1:58 p.m.

See i'd love to try out some of these tips online. But unfortunately for me my PS3 broke on tuesday so i have nothing to do. :(. I might see if my dad would be kind enough to play it on his. :P. But Good guide GR hopefully when my PS3's fixed i can try some of this out. :).
  • Gameguy94 - April 18, 2010 2:30 p.m.

Yeah I'm tired of MW2's bullshit. duelwielders, campers, noob tubers, it all gets old after awhile but with BBC2 unless you're sniped its ALMOST always a legit kill.
  • FNG - April 18, 2010 7:47 p.m.

I only snipe and I don't care about the squad. I find out what my whole team needs and I adjust to that. My squad is just a mobile spawn point
  • IcarusLeonardo - April 18, 2010 9:06 p.m.

Yaaa the last one is abit...(impossible) dont know if its the people iv been playing with but no one ever talks even the ones with mics, and when i say something they dont reply.
  • flare149 - April 18, 2010 11:05 p.m.

I try really hard to do all of these, but for the longest time I could not figure out how to freaking tag someone, so thank you so much GR! Another tip for players using the UAV, after you fire off a missle go hide behind a rock or a building. The UAV is really durable so if you drop really fast it won't really hurt it and then no one can shoot you down. Plus I've noticed that often it will reload faster if you do this.
  • richiehogan - April 18, 2010 7:30 p.m.

good guide for a great game,but there is a lot more tricks and tips for each class that u can pull off for tons of points and the big win i.e. when u are recon drop mortars on the m-com right after its been armed,if u are medic and your squad mate is down,shoot the guy who shot him first THEN revive him,if u go chargin in to rescue sombody without eliminating the enemy,you're just giving them an extra kill by shooting u in the face,if you're an engineer use the g3,its more powerful and accurate than any other weapon except the m16a2 (seriously,check the stats)and with gol magnum rounds it will stop any enemy with a few shots,theres loads more stuff but thats all i can think of at the mo
  • ScruffyTheJanitor - April 19, 2010 11:11 p.m.

Snipers, like random grenades are for pussies. Join the Fight Against Gay Snipers!
  • patzivota - April 20, 2010 10:44 p.m.

@sklorbit first of all - stop using the word "noob" - it's become an overused cliché on the internet - stop continuing it. second of all - the sniper kit is very useful - unless everyone in your squad is using a sniper gun (if they are and you have a mic - let everyone know) - this is not that common, really - but still, the sniper kit has a great shotgun that you can run around with. Sniper kit's motion mines are great, too. But the best feature of the sniper kit is the spot assist - such a sweet feature that benefits everyone on your team when you spot an enemy - it's shown on everyone's map. Preferably I want to get platinum stars for every weapon - which'll take a while. This involves mastering every weapon in every class and getting a shiz loads of kills on every weapon or device. plus sniping from miles away with the 12x scope is in nowhere near easy. Great page! btw.