• santaclouse37 - September 23, 2010 10:19 p.m.

It's only weeks, days, perhaps hours, before someone Rule 34's Trip, the climbing will probably be annoying, and since the story looks so promising I can almost guarantee it's gonna pull a Condemned 2/Indigo Prophecy/Beyond Good and Evil twist near the end. Cynicism aside though, this looks incredibly awesome and can't wait to play it, especially as one of the few who genuinely enjoyed Heavenly Sword.
  • RebornKusabi - September 23, 2010 10:12 p.m.

The thing is... I'm getting this on the first day for one very good reason: Ninja Theory's Heavenly Sword. It's one of the main games, if not THE main game, that justified me buying a PS3 in it's first year instead of waiting another year for MGS4. Aside from that, I actually have read Journey to the West before so I get almost all of the parallels between this adaptation and it's original source from what I've seen. So yeah, I'm getting this game on day 1 of release and taking time off of work just to play through it.
  • Yaro - September 23, 2010 9:51 p.m.

I played the demo without knowing anything about it, and at one moment I thought, damn he moves like a monkey! Then I noticed the sash, damn that looks like a tail, but then he got the staff and I thought, wait a minute, this can't be coincidence...what is the name again....odyssey to the west? Then it finally clicked, I love the Journey to the West, so I immediately got interested, the demo is awesome, I was so surprised by Monkey's voice, tough but somehow it feels so different from other meatheads as stated in the article, it feels somehow...I don't know, there is just so much emotion in it. And yes Trip's eyes are gorgeous.
  • garnsr - September 23, 2010 9:39 p.m.

I've been planning to get this, but I ordered it after playing the demo. I don't know why, when the demo is just the beginning of the game, they don't just let you save at the end, so when you do buy the game you don't have to play through all of that again. I've already done the slightly irritating tutorial stuff in the demo, then I have to do it all again two weeks later.
  • hatebreeder - September 23, 2010 8:53 p.m.

I read somewhere that this is being made by the same studio that got the DmC reboot, I was always interested in this game (mostly because i feckin' loved monkey!) and if it's possible even more so after reading this. If they can create this with a new IP, then perhaps (if it is the same studio) they could handle DmC decently. I just won't look directly at "dante"
  • MrSuitMan - September 23, 2010 8:46 p.m.

This game looks pretty good. I would love to play it.
  • OriginalJonty - September 23, 2010 8:34 p.m.

Comes out on my birthday. Definite purchase.
  • Darkshine34 - September 23, 2010 8:29 p.m.

I think I want this now...thanks gamesradar.
  • Jacko415 - September 23, 2010 8:29 p.m.

Can't wait! i like how shes not annoying or slows you down. i hated in PoP 2008 when you had to wait for her to jump on your back to continue climbing... it killed the flow. I like the alyx vance route.
  • BMW89 - September 23, 2010 8:20 p.m.

I played the PS3 demo last night, and I'm hooked. Got it pre-ordered and have already informed work I will be "sick" 10/5.
  • n00b - September 23, 2010 8:17 p.m.

the world could have been influenced by Scott Westerfeld Uglies vision of the future. There's still people that live in cities but all the old cities are abandoned and overgrown with plants and stuff. good book for any one interested (yes i said book) but other than that it does look original. nice to know the idea well isn't drying up
  • Lemurian - September 23, 2010 8:01 p.m.

the demo is awesome but its nothing new its like uncharted/jak and daxter
  • Denrok - September 23, 2010 7:56 p.m.

Looks really great.
  • dingo221 - September 23, 2010 7:48 p.m.

I've played the demo of the first chapter on the PS3, and I'm really impressed. Its gonna a purchase near its release for me i reckon
  • bluscorp - September 23, 2010 7:44 p.m.

I'm looking forward to this, It reminds me of the 2008 PoP, which i loved.
  • Felixthecat - September 23, 2010 7:42 p.m.

I would love to buy this day one, but sadly, it comes out on the same day as Castlevania: LoS. I'll have to genuinely wait for reviews now :(
  • drewbian - September 23, 2010 7:37 p.m.

nice list, i was one of the ones who would have overlooked this game, i didnt even bother watching the trailer on the xbl homepage, but this has made me reconsider. thanks gr
  • db1331 - September 23, 2010 7:37 p.m.

This actually does look really cool. I'll have to wait for a port though.