Topics

3DS Nintendo

• Redeater - July 1, 2013 4:45 p.m.

"Everyone knows that Canadian money isn’t worth that much." Our dollar has been almost on par with US dollar for a very long time now. Alberta recently suffered the worst floods ever recorded and the government (along with many generous people and companies) sprang into action with a surplus of funds to aid in the face of this devastation. Our country isn't perfect but we have a strong economy. You guys left poor people to suffer for days while your government argued about who was and wasn't responsible for the complete shit show that was Katrina.......
  • Redeater - July 1, 2013 4:48 p.m.

I realize that this is supposed to be a "humorous" article but joking Canadian money isn't worth much on Canada isn't funny. It's just fucking disrespectful and stupid.
  • GOD - July 1, 2013 4:50 p.m.

I think you missed this line when you read the article: "we'll have GamesRadar's Editor in Chief (AND CANADIAN NATIVE/Animal Crossing addict) explain everything for you…"
  • Redeater - July 1, 2013 4:57 p.m.

...and your point is? Being a "Canadian Native" doesn't change the content and pretty sure she would technically be American now anyways.
  • GOD - July 1, 2013 5:02 p.m.

There wasn't a single hint of disrespect in the wording of that slide. It was completely over the top satire and practically beats you over the head with its silliness. I'm not sure how it seems disrespectful to you. Also how do I even know you're really canadian when you didn't even start your reply with an apology?
  • tuomotaivainen - July 1, 2013 5:13 p.m.

Because unlike the stereotype, we ARE NOT super apologetic. I swear the US is so incredibly ignorant about others it actually has to SPY on it's allies in order to understand they're behaviors and nuances. I mean... COME ON!
  • GOD - July 1, 2013 5:17 p.m.

That was the joke..... >_> I make a comment about how it's completely satirical, and then end with a joke that follows the same ironically ignorant theme as the rest of the article. Next time I'll try to be even more obvious with my jokes not being serious. You don't sound very canadian either though. (Get it? It's a joke!)
  • GR_SophiaTong - July 1, 2013 5:30 p.m.

Well, it's not funny if you have to explain the joke. So don't bother :) But this is coming from a supposed ignorant American because I must be by now.
  • GOD - July 1, 2013 5:35 p.m.

Uhhh! Me dammit!! Honestly hate americans more than anyone else and pretty much exclusively because they make me look bad!
  • GR_SophiaTong - July 1, 2013 5:37 p.m.

Don't hate. There are going to be people that make you look bad no matter where you go. Especially the internet!
  • GOD - July 1, 2013 5:41 p.m.

Welp. Goodbye forever internet. May you one day be cleansed of your shame on humanity's record when you die a beautiful cyber-apocalyptic death. ......on second thought I'm kinda bored, so I might as well tough it out, eh?
  • tuomotaivainen - July 1, 2013 10:22 p.m.

Yes, yes you are. You're even ignorant about things that are occurring in your own Country or at least don't seem to care about them. So, next time you try to spin 'satire' on something think for a second to see if that topic (or sub-topic) is actually worth joking about. And hiding under the "it's just satire!" excuse is just complete cowardice, start doing that often enough and you'll somehow believe that anything you say or do is all in the name for satire and somehow can not possibly hurt someone else. Remember there ARE people from other Countries reading this... Oh wait, you 'Muricans only care about y'all selves.
  • Redeater - July 1, 2013 5:47 p.m.

If I sound touchy it's because I've seen houses floating down rivers like boats, countless families lose their homes over the course of one weekend and landmarks completely ruined. I've also seen the amazing response by our government and the people. They had to turn away volunteers. Friends and neighbors who took in families that don't have a home anymore. Hell, we even had pumper trucks leave the rigs in order to help with the damage for free. The fact that the death toll wasn't higher wasn't because it was a miracle. It was because of the response of our government and city officials. Take that as you will but satirical comment or not it was in poor taste even if a "Canadian" made it. After all the kindness and generosity I have witnessed.....I think I've earned the fucking right to do a little pro-Canadian ranting. If you don't like it...... *does his best Ricky impression "You can fuck off."
  • GOD - July 1, 2013 6 p.m.

It seemed less defensive and more like a "my _____ is more _____ than your ______" kind of thing, but I'll take your free advice and fuck off :)
  • Redeater - July 1, 2013 5:50 p.m.

Gotta admit, I love the irony of two Canadians being the biggest dicks on here.
  • Redeater - July 1, 2013 4:52 p.m.

Canada = Canada day
  • Cwf2008 - July 1, 2013 5:47 p.m.

Disrespectful and stupid? Nothing was disrespectful, and the only stupid thing here is you.
  • rcarrasco121 - July 1, 2013 4:30 p.m.

Canada seems like a good place to live! Moose, Beavers, Bells, Dogs who play banjos! It's like heaven, with syrup!
  • tuomotaivainen - July 1, 2013 4:28 p.m.

Slide 4... the part about us "not locking our doors." I don't know where to even begin... are you insane?! Sure Canadians are friendly and can make excellent hosts to guests, but this DOES NOT MAKE US STUPID! Theft is very real in Canada (like everywhere around the world) and crime in general is not something that should be joked about.
  • Redeater - July 1, 2013 4:51 p.m.

But Michael Moore had it in his documentary! It must be true.
  • TanookiMan - July 1, 2013 4:09 p.m.

Hahaha, this article was hilarious! Honestly though, Loonies are much cooler than bells... I think smoked meat should be included in the list of delicious Canadian foods.